Types of Thai police?

dj230

Was walking to the 7/11 and saw some officers in the front of the condo, sometimes there’s the traffic police in the street but this time it was 3 more serious officers that were in front of the condo. 

I live in a quite rural area now, so it’s kind of odd to see, was curious what types of police are there in Thailand, I.e different forces/teams 

these officers were in the typical rtp uniforms with 2 wearing blue/navy vests, third one wasn’t 

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

For reference (Wikipedia):

Metropolitan Police Bureau (Bangkok)

Provincial Police division (the largest throughout Thailand)

Immigration Bureau

Tourist Police Bureau

Border Patrol Police

Central Investigation Bureau (including the railroad, marine, highway, technology police, economic police and forestry police, The Crime Suppression Division (CSD), Special Service Division (SSD)- Monarchy Protection, The Criminal Records Office, The Scientific Crime Detection Laboratory) 

Narcotics Suppression Bureau

Special Branch Bureau

Office of Logistics (including Thai Police Aviation division)

Police Education Bureau (Training)

Office of the Surgeon General (Responsible for medical and healthcare-related services for the police, including forensic science and autopsies). Operates hospitals in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Yala.

Traffic police? Or is that Highway?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, bradiston said:

28 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Traffic police? Or is that Highway?

Both separate - Highway Police nationwide within CIB. Traffic Police part of local Provincial Police. Where I used to live in Chumphae (Khon Kaen Province), there was a small Traffic Police office alongside the main police station where I went to pay parking tickets.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

But, our lad is a splendid fellow

Thanks, as were our local Immigration Police and Tourist Police where I lived in country bumpkin land!

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

5 hours ago, Caldera said:

From a practical point of view, no matter what kind of uniform they wear, stay away from all of them. ????

haha, yea, i've never had any bad encounters but the best way to avoid a bad encounter is to not have one in the first place

On 3/7/2023 at 2:23 PM, ozimoron said:

I saw some police in Pattaya the other day wearing red berets, wondered what type of police they were.

Irrigation Police..there's a sprinkling of them about

Edited by tandor
  • Haha 2

On 3/8/2023 at 5:02 PM, 3NUMBAS said:

they are all busting out of their tite shirts with beer bellies

Well, they are not all.  And, I bet cops in the U.S. are worse.

But, some of the hottest women I have seen are in RTP uniforms.  One of their HQ is across from Central World in Bangkok they walk across for lunch.  Very impressive and they sure fit well in their uniforms.

• Confused 1