Minivan Driver Blames Russian Tourist’s Screams for Causing Car Crash in Rayong

snoop1130

11 hours ago, rbkk said:

Getting into a Thai minivan is Russian roulette.

they certainly dont have a good reputation given the number of times they become van crash newsworthy

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

he was, in fact, according to him, just stooping down to pick up an inhaler that he had dropped

That's okay then. It tells you all you need to know about Thai drivers. He put his passengers in danger by retrieving an inhaler, because that was far more important than keeping his eyes on the road. No wonder the tourist screamed, and in true Thai fashion making it someone else's fault, he blamed the tourist for reacting to his dangerous driving.

Ahhhh.  Picking up something dropped.   That will do it.   A man crashed into my old car, because he was picking up a CD disk that he dropped on the floor.   My old car was parked in front of my house!  

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Are these vans insured, will the injured still have to pay their hospital bills?

This 'Bwah-ha-ha!' moment brought to you by @NoshowJones

Insurance? That's what gift baskets of Brands Essence of Chicken are for no? It's the Lucozade of Thailand's in-patients.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, actonion said:

I did exactly that, ..told him to slow the **** down, he  stopped the minibus, and announced to  the 9 of us  passengers " Farang scared to die, Thai not scared to die.. you no like it, u get off bus"..........6 of us left the bus

So you're saying the six farangs chickened out?

Shameful.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, actonion said:

I did exactly that, ..told him to slow the **** down, he  stopped the minibus, and announced to  the 9 of us  passengers " Farang scared to die, Thai not scared to die.. you no like it, u get off bus"..........6 of us left the bus

Couldn’t you have put a plastic bag over his head (Ferrari Joe like) to test his Thai ambivalence towards self preservation…?  ???? 

1 hour ago, radiochaser said:

Ahhhh.  Picking up something dropped.   That will do it.   A man crashed into my old car, because he was picking up a CD disk that he dropped on the floor.   My old car was parked in front of my house!  

Don’t tell me …. The CD was Chris Rea's "Road to hell"….?