Thailand’s tourism ministry targets 80 million foreign arrivals by 2027

webfact

Up the curve,  the concave portion is simple enough,  the Convex part is far far more difficult. 

There is Maturity cycle,  and my prediction is NO and NO,   they will not get 80 millions in 2027. 

51 minutes ago, webfact said:

He adds that the much-used term “quality tourists” doesn’t just refer to the rich, but to travellers who plan to stay longer in Thailand.

“Quality tourists doesn’t only mean those with deep pockets.”

Phiphat says anyone planning longer stays in the kingdom can be considered a “quality tourist”.

He should tell that to Immigration, esp. at all entry points.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now I see a new definition of quality tourists...:whistling:

“Quality tourists doesn’t only mean those with deep pockets.” Phiphat says anyone planning longer stays in the kingdom can be considered a “quality tourist”.

• Haha 1

So they intend to double the population now in Thailand with 80 million tourists. Silly question but where are these 80 million tourists going to stay? As far as I remember Thailand is a small country with limited land resources. Additionally how will these people get around? Traffic is bad now in Bangkok and probably elsewhere, doubling the number of people on the move is not going to help the situation,

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

So they intend to double the population now in Thailand with 80 million tourists. Silly question but where are these 80 million tourists going to stay? As far as I remember Thailand is a small country with limited land resources. Additionally how will these people get around? Traffic is bad now in Bangkok and probably elsewhere, doubling the number of people on the move is not going to help the situation,

Thailand occupies twice the land mass that the UK does, 198K square miles versus 98,000, yet it has a similar sized population.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

Thailand occupies twice the land mass that the UK does, 198K square miles versus 98,000, yet it has a similar sized population.

It is still limited and hotels etc are not going to be built and ready are they? Use a bit common sense in the requirements. As for land it would mean giving up a lot of land currently used for food production.

4 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

It is still limited and hotels etc are not going to be built and ready are they? Use a bit common sense in the requirements. As for land it would mean giving up a lot of land currently used for food production.

Thailand has over 800,000 hotel rooms which when multiplied by 365 nights equals 292 million guest nights or 350% of the required need

If there's anything else I can help you understand, please feel free to ask.

Best

https://www.statista.com/topics/6907/hotel-industry-in-thailand/

• Thanks 1

The man is a genius. He will double tourist numbers and alleviate overcrowding in popular areas!!!

However, with an election looming there's a good chance he won't be tourism minister for much longer so let';s hope the next incumbent is just as intelligent????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

Thailand has over 800,000 hotel rooms which when multiplied by 365 nights equals 292 million guest nights or 350% of the required need

Best

That's fine if they all stay for just 1 night

• Like 2

In parts of Pratumnak you can see the change, the increase in numbers but you  can also see the degentrification of a once pleasant suburb, parts of which were  inhabited by royalty. Now we have squalid rubbish  dumps, litter, garish bars with Western themes and hundred of poor Russian families in crumpled clothing wandering around, some say, escaping the fearful misery of Putins war. They are sad to behold. Compared to them the Walking Street  Indian  are sophisticated and minted

3 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

Best

Guest nights vs number of tourists, care to explain the 350%?

• Thumbs Up 1