Pigeons <deleted>ting on my balcony: fake crows, a net?

Steven55

19 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

poison em .bread with a topping of rat poison moose

It appears that xylitol, which can be bought through the likes of Lazada very cheaply, is toxic to birds – – so as it dissolves in water because it is like a sugar, I would suggest soaking some bits of bread in xylitol and leaving that out for the pests.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Find something more important to complain about. The pigeons will seem like nothing!

You keep on whining that I am complaining.
I solved this problem already 1 month ago, no pigeons anymore abut you - 1 month later - start whining again! Get a life!

Lol

Okay, so we move to a new condo and my wife buys a plastic eagle. I'm just laughing but ok. A week later I sent her a picture om Line with the pigeon sitting right next to the little eagle ???? best friends forever ????

Edited by Menken
  • Haha 1

I am not sure if this is possible on your balcony... If it's square and straight, it will be easy.

Get two 'L' angled aluminium bars equal to the length of the balcony. 

Drill small holes approximately 1 cm apart, along the entire length of the 2 aluminium bars. 

Fix one bar on top and the other on the floor or bottom part of the balcony. 

Now you will need something similar to fishing line and draw it from top to bottom threading from the hole.

If done properly,  it's effective and almost invisible. 

I've seen it done myself.  (Hope my instructions are clear)

• Like 1

I solved my sky-rat problem. I tried the plastic scary owl - didn't work.  I tried the spinning CD's - they just annoyed me.

I'd given up hope,  And then I observed they were routinely landing on the balcony wooden railing, taking a dump on said railing, and then hopping down to ingest the water dripping from the A/C drain pipe.

I also observed they usually came in pairs, and narrowed it down to actually only being two pairs of birds that were roosting on the A/C compressors of two long time vacant apartments on an adjacent condo.  It seems these two pairs had isolated my balcony as their preferred source of H2O.

I covered the pipe outlet so they had no access to the water. After about 5 days they stopped coming.  And there has been no pigeon turd on the balcony railing or tiles now for several months.

Funny thing is, I've since observed other birds doing the same thing to other condo balconies I can see.  I even know where my two pairs of pigeons get their water. 

Don't know if this will help anybody else, but it's worth a try.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ravip said:

I am not sure if this is possible on your balcony... If it's square and straight, it will be easy.

Get two 'L' angled aluminium bars equal to the length of the balcony. 

Drill small holes approximately 1 cm apart, along the entire length of the 2 aluminium bars. 

Fix one bar on top and the other on the floor or bottom part of the balcony. 

Now you will need something similar to fishing line and draw it from top to bottom threading from the hole.

If done properly,  it's effective and almost invisible. 

I've seen it done myself.  (Hope my instructions are clear)

Shield.jpg.a5095f5e8ff3fb4413da7f908a13dd7b.jpg

• Haha 1

I had to net off my balcony, they were nesting there and had made a massive mess, they are persistant I will grant them that and once they have established a home are very difficult to convince otherwise, they still find gaps in the net but are slowly learning this is not a safe place for them to be, slowly they are getting the hint

• Haha 1