Gary Lineker told to step back from presenting Match of the Day

Scott

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The facts contradict your opinion .

The problems only began three years ago and the Tories have been taking measures to stop it since then .

The Tories haven't been sleep walking into this , they addressed the problem when it arose

Let’s all suspend reality and memory.

Immigration wasn’t a key issue in the 2016 Brexit Leave campaigns.

Or alternatively 2016 wasn’t more than three years ago.

Or Mac is talking rubbish.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Slip said:

For the fourth time?  Every time you make the same ridiculous point it emphasises that it is the tories who have sleep-walked into this debacle.  As I had to say to you in the end last night- I have better things to do with my time, so I'm done here.  Enjoy your day/ evening.

Here's the facts 

English cross channel migrants in numbers .

The sheer numbers only began to be a serious problem where action needed to be taken in 2021 , prior to that, they were just good publicity for Brexitters

Numbers[edit]

Year Numbers
2018 764
2019 1,900
2020 8,404
2021 28,526
2022 45,756.(As of 25 December 2022)[39]
2023 2,070.(As of February 2023)[40]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Channel_migrant_crossings_(2018–present)

9 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The facts contradict your opinion .

The problems only began three years ago and the Tories have been taking measures to stop it since then .

The Tories haven't been sleep walking into this , they addressed the problem when it arose

Is your surname Rees-Mogg? It hardly seems comprehensible that you believe what you write otherwise. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Here's the facts 

English cross channel migrants in numbers .

The sheer numbers only began to be a serious problem where action needed to be taken in 2021 , prior to that, they were just good publicity for Brexitters

Numbers[edit]

Year Numbers
2018 764
2019 1,900
2020 8,404
2021 28,526
2022 45,756.(As of 25 December 2022)[39]
2023 2,070.(As of February 2023)[40]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Channel_migrant_crossings_(2018–present)

‘Good publicity for Brexiteers’

Lousy publicity for Brexit.

Even worse publicity for over twelve years of failed Tory Government.

……..

From your link:

Seaborne crossings aboard small boats by would-be refugees and migrants were rare before November 2018.[2][3] More commonly, they stowed away aboard trains, lorries or ferry boats, a technique that has become more difficult in recent years as British authorities have intensified searches of such vehicles.

So one again you are being disingenuous.

Migration through the channel tunnel, a cross channel route, is not included in your link even though the switch in migration method has been from stowing aboard lorries, to traveling in small boats.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

TVKev, of Rupert Murdoch’s TALKRadio.

You don’t suppose he and his employers have a vested interest in trying to defund the BBC do you?

Or do you think Kev might be spinning it the way Rupert likes it?

Yawn, don't like the content so attack the source.

Again.

It's funny how the left claim the BBC is a mouthpiece for the Tory government (despite all the evidence to the contrary such as Lineker attacking them with no repercussions) and yet simultaneously seem to support it's continued existence in the current format. Curious. I wonder why? Couldn't be gaslighting could they?

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Yawn, don't like the content so attack the source.

Again.

It's funny how the left claim the BBC is a mouthpiece for the Tory government (despite all the evidence to the contrary such as Lineker attacking them with no repercussions) and yet simultaneously seem to support it's continued existence in the current format. Curious. I wonder why? Couldn't be gaslighting could they?

You’ve quoted an opinion from a rightwing TALKRadio presenter, an organization owned by the rightwing Rupert Murdoch who has a track record of running ‘News organizations’ that twist or lie about the truth.

It is entirely reasonable to question the source of such ‘opinions’.

Though thanks for giving a pearl into the echo chamber into which you go looking for ‘opinions’.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You’ve quoted an opinion from a rightwing TALKRadio presenter, an organization owned by the rightwing Rupert Murdoch who has a track record of running ‘News organizations’ that twist or lie about the truth.

It is entirely reasonable to question the source of such ‘opinions’.

Though thanks for giving a pearl into the echo chamber into which you go looking for ‘opinions’.

But what about the point he made. The whole incident has been a massive own goal for the BBC, no?

15 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I don’t have a lot.

Perhaps you should look for causes of the failures amongst the Tories that has been in power for over twelve years.

Really, well have a read of this, remember, you want this lot allowed in....

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/afghan-migrant-deported-raping-school-070000190.html

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Over twelve years to get it right, and still failing.

But true to form.

It’s always somebody else’s fault.

Then why didn't your lot, the Labour Party, who were in control with your mate Tony, have immigration all sorted out when they were in the chair.....?     :ermm:.........Bet you don't answer......????

But on topic,  it seems Gary didn't have it all his own way at the Beeb...????

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/bbc-sport-staff-hit-multi-220000574.html

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, transam said:

Really, well have a read of this, remember, you want this lot allowed in....

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/afghan-migrant-deported-raping-school-070000190.html

He wants rapists in? 

That is one of the most horrendous and ridiculous comments I have ever seen on here. You should be ashamed to make it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

He wants rapists in? 

That is one of the most horrendous and ridiculous comments I have ever seen on here. You should be ashamed to make it.

Don't be silly, Afghan low-life....????

Did you read the story, well did you...?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

But what about the point he made. The whole incident has been a massive own goal for the BBC, no?

No it hasn’t been a home goal for the BBC.

It’s exposed Tory Party Political interference in the BBC, the exact opposite of your constant claims of left wing bias.

And it’s not over yet, not by a long way.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No it hasn’t been a home goal for the BBC.

It’s exposed Tory Party Political interference in the BBC, the exact opposite of your constant claims of left wing bias.

And it’s not over yet, not by a long way.

https://flipboard.com/topic/downingstreet/bbc-came-under-no-10-pressure-to-avoid-using-lockdown-in-early-pandemic-leak-/a-uJ-iWrr5T52CeiNYPY6zaw%3Aa%3A3199676-28ad95cc1f%2Ftheguardian.com

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 04.18.17.jpg

39 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Yes I did, it was the story of a rapist who served prison time and was then deported. And you claim he wants "them" let in. Ugly post and ugly tactic. Try joining the debate like an adult by making reasoned arguments not <deleted> like that.

It was a story of an Afghan immigrant that was locked up for raping a 12 year old girl, going to prison and then deported, and now trying to get across the channel to probably carry on his despicable acts.

There are folk on here that fight the immigrant cause, that want these people let in, the prisons are filling up with these low-life, yet they want them let in. 

Enoch was right..... 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, transam said:

It was a story of an Afghan immigrant that was locked up for raping a 12 year old girl, going to prison and then deported, and now trying to get across the channel to probably carry on his despicable acts.

There are folk on here that fight the immigrant cause, that want these people let in, the prisons are filling up with these low-life, yet they want them let in. 

One rapist does not mean all immigrants are rapists. We have plenty of British born rapists too. So should we ban all Brits from living in the UK? It is a ridiculous point you are trying to make.

Enoch was right..... 

Jeez.

• Like 2

Just now, josephbloggs said:

One rapist does not mean all immigrants are rapists. We have plenty of British born rapists too. So should we ban all Brits from living in the UK? It is a ridiculous point you are trying to make.

Jeez.

1. Who said all immigrants are rapists....?. 

2. Illegal immigrants have committed many crimes against UK folk, so you are OK with that...?

• Like 1

Just now, josephbloggs said:

You clearly implied it by posting a link to a story of a rapist and claimed that we wanted "them" in.

I am pretty much anti crime in general, no matter who commits them. Why would I be otherwise?

Having compassion does not make me ok with crime. Again it is another ridiculous stretch by you and you know it (at least I hope you do).  You're using the same false logic as the people who claim you are pro-Prayut / pro-coup when you criticise Thaksin. It is possible to dislike both.

"I clearly implied", are you one of those Frauditors, or sovereign citizens..... ?            :ermm:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

5% of all UK prisoners are from the 'traveling community'..........where should we send them I wonder......Romania?

It is a common fallacy that people just want to 'let them in'......they don't.....they just want to have them processed in a civilised manner........... they can stay if they qualify or be deported if they don't.....it's not rocket science.

Nor is rubber boats and lost passports......:stoner:

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

Then why didn't your lot, the Labour Party, who were in control with your mate Tony, have immigration all sorted out when they were in the chair.....?     :ermm:.........Bet you don't answer......????

But on topic,  it seems Gary didn't have it all his own way at the Beeb...????

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/bbc-sport-staff-hit-multi-220000574.html

My lot? 

But since you mention the Labour Party, can you provide evidence that ‘illegal immigrant ion’ was out of control the last time the Labour Party was in power?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

My lot? 

But since you mention the Labour Party, can you provide evidence that ‘illegal immigrant ion’ was out of control the last time the Labour Party was in power?

There were no rubber boats back then, and creeps selling tickets to get on board....................:cheesy:

6 minutes ago, transam said:

There were no rubber boats back then, and creeps selling tickets to get on board....................:cheesy:

I didn’t even mention rubber boats I said ‘illegal immigration’.

I take it from your answer you don’t have any evidence of the last Labour Government loosing control of illegal immigration.

This Tory Government certainly has.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1