The carnage continues: Five children die in road accidents in 24 hours in NE

webfact

25 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Parents allowed it to happen by letting them ride the scooter.

OK. Answer me this - if it had been a tourist whose visa expired the day before, would you blame the tourist for being smashed into by a drunk pick-up driver? After all, he shouldn't have been there and if he had left it would never have happened.

1 hour ago, mrfill said:

OK. Answer me this - if it had been a tourist whose visa expired the day before, would you blame the tourist for being smashed into by a drunk pick-up driver? After all, he shouldn't have been there and if he had left it would never have happened.

Yep, tourist should not be on overstay.

• Haha 1

Parents, the whole system the leaders of this country the police the schools they are all share blame.

Parenting is tough no one has the answer but the Thai parenting in general their standard and definition doesn't meet many where we come from they only know one way to raise their kids and if you told them or gave them an alternative you would get silence or " This is Thailand "

I once baited a friends wife because I so dislike her she thought by criticism and told her family and friends on FB that I insulted the man K.

Over lunch all I heard was " TIT "  when it came to driving finally I told her the vehicle was invented so were the rules taken from the West. I'm all for adopting to Thailand but if another country has a better way I have no problem accepting that way. Like vehicles American built some <deleted>ty cars the Japanese took the vehicle and built better one would be stupid not to buy one if better.  I continue Thailand is one of the worse why would I adapt to a style that would kill me.

It is really sad people here do what they do because they can who is going to stop them not the system the system is the problem!

I don’t feel sorry for the kids who to young drive a 125cc motorbike. I see them always  drive like crazy in here. 
mand for the parents, must be happy stop taking care off them.    Better have girls,, get money when married to man ‘s ..  sound harsh but this is the way in here…

9 hours ago, G Rex said:

You neglected to mention the mandatory removal of the 'uncool' mirrors...

Not just uncool. Source of major airflow resistance on these tiny engined souped up bikes. Round these parts especially at the weekend you  see these things flying along apparently riderless because the rider ducks down to reduce resistance and get the max possible speed. The rider pops up now and then to check the road is still clear. Tough if it isn't. 

12 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

So, 2 dead and 2 badly injured under the age of 15.

Why were they even riding a bike when legally they cannot ?

tragic accidents, but daft comment, people commit illegal acts all the time, for starters; have you ever driven over the speed limit? just saying...

21 hours ago, Ralf001 said:
21 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I asked the wife how old the kids have to be to ride a motorbike?...….she said in Isaan as soon as they don't fall off they are old enough.......near us I would say most are about 12 to 13 when they start to ride......parents must buy them AND the modified exhausts they all have fitted.

Legally it is 15.

Any younger, death and injury falls directly onto the shoulders of the <deleted> <deleted> parents.

So it fundamentally doesn't affect you? Thanks for the clarification.

My US lawyer buddy was visiting and asked why the 10 year-old was driving the scooter to school with his two , 15 year-old cousins riding pillion.

"He's the only one that knows how to drive a bike properly," was the response.

10 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Not just uncool. Source of major airflow resistance on these tiny engined souped up bikes. Round these parts especially at the weekend you  see these things flying along apparently riderless because the rider ducks down to reduce resistance and get the max possible speed. The rider pops up now and then to check the road is still clear. Tough if it isn't. 

They remove the tail lights to prevent the 'phee' from chasing them and most take out the headlight so the engine has more power.

18 hours ago, Will B Good said:

.....and no helmet (obvs).....plus......... either no lights or any variety of blinking coloured lights that take your fancy

So true and in my location often tractors have no lights but some have a bunch of cd discs , tied with string , on the back as a reflector  . Diving at night in Thailand , especially in the rural areas , is scary .  Guessing that at least 50% of vehicles have defective lights or none at all . Couple of years ago my car was having the annual government inspection and I was watching and noticed that one headlight bulb had failed but the car still passed , they said because the other headlight was OK , . You could not make it up   

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

The police are at fault for their deaths ?

They carry some guilt ,Ok the people are stupid to let their kids ride the bikes under age ,If the cops were doing their jobs 24/7/365  then it would be lot different  the people would be more adherent to the laws and a lot off deaths would be prevented .

So Yes they are Guilty.

22 minutes ago, digger70 said:

They carry some guilt ,Ok the people are stupid to let their kids ride the bikes under age ,If the cops were doing their jobs 24/7/365  then it would be lot different  the people would be more adherent to the laws and a lot off deaths would be prevented .

So Yes they are Guilty.

Parents should sue the then !!

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

They remove the tail lights to prevent the 'phee' from chasing them and most take out the headlight so the engine has more power.

Ironically,an action enabling them to more likely become a 'phee' ???? themselves - one without a ????! ???? 

On 3/13/2023 at 1:07 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Nobody cares. Their parents don't care, the police don't care, the schools don't care. Nobody. Everyone just plays Russian roulette with kids' lives and sometimes they lose. 

You just “don’t understand Thai culture.” ????????

As Thailand won't address the situation It's a shame the world's media don't highlight the issue more and I know its not their job to,  as all the responsibility lays entirely at Thailand's door but maybe if the spotlight was suddenly shone on it and Thailand started to lose tourism because of it they might finally do something about it.