Biden says anti-trans laws are 'close to sinful'

Social Media

18 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

"Seems"?

Number of children killed or injured during drag show story hour: 0

Number of children killed or injured by firearms in 2022: 6,023

Please find a better rationalization for all these anti-trans bills. This isn't about safeguarding children, who've evidently been unaffected by trans folks for years Now, all of a sudden it's a major crisis? Seriously.

Somewhat irrelevant as guns have a specific protection in the constitution, while medically altering children who are too young to make such decisions is not constitutionally protected.

18 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Actually I think it is, as that's the part that is confusing/misunderstood, do you, or don't you have one, either.  Includes me, as I haven't the slightest idea what transgender means, and yea, I get 'in transition', but that's too vague and totally unnecessary.

I do get what "transgender" is and it's not really as big a deal as some like to make it out to be in today's western world, though only in certain areas eg while I might get away with wearing a dress in public in a big city, in the rural town I live in it might get my face re arranged.

Sooooo, if I had a desire to wear a dress in public I'd go live in a big city. Problem solved.

Society is made up of individuals, all with different opinions on everything, so while the "law" may dictate that we have to accept men wearing dresses everywhere, in reality it's never going to be accepted everywhere; at least in my lifetime.

Trans people shouldn't be in such a rush, as they got from complete non acceptance in my youth, to acceptance in certain areas. Be patient and in the future trans may become acceptable everywhere.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Instead of catering to a 3rd gender, toilet use wise, should be unisex, and solves that issue. 

I've actually used a unisex toilet and I'd rather not have ( I had no choice then ), but regardless, women like to do other things in bathrooms other than sitting on a toilet, and they probably wouldn't want to do their makeup in front of pervy guys.

IMO the third public toilet is the way to go.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KhunLA said:

If that's the case, then that's a tough one.   Not sure a minor should be making the decision to have a life altering surgery. 

I'm going to have to plead ignorance on the hormone therapy, but if not a permanent thing, and just postpones puberty, of whatever, then possibly should be allowed.  At most, maybe 8 yrs of meds, and if not a danger to organs, if stopped, then don't see a problem.

But surgery, lopping off one's little buddy ... you might want to think a little longer about that.

If you want to see the effect of female hormones on a male, go see a ladyboy gogo show- the ones that have breasts that are not silicone boosted will give you some idea of what happens visibly.

15 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Guess it sucks living in USA, if your physical body doesn't match what you mentally want to be.  No answer/solution from me on that one.

I accept what I was born with, and get to do whatever I want with it. 

Sometimes thought it would be a lot better to be born a female, but that's a lot a slicing & dicing, taking & adding to accomplish, and if I changed my mind ...

... oh krap

I'm a handsome man, can't say I'd be a cute chickie after surgery.  I've gone drag, and I wouldn't date me ????

I once did some research about trans boys and came across a U Tube from one talking about "her" transition. One of the bits that was interesting was that "she" kept going on dates with guys ( before she got the big chop ) that wanted to have sex with her because "she" had a penis, and "she" was understandably annoyed about it.

Also, "she" wasn't that happy having had her male genitals chopped off, as apparently it's not as simple living with the false vagina as "she" had thought it would be.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, AndyFoxy said:

In your opinion. However, I don’t agree with it. Doesn’t make me wrong though. Doesn’t make you wrong either. 

There are such things as objective facts,

I do understand the odious fascistic US movement to make transgender American's lives as miserable as possible (including genocidal rhetoric to eradicate them) is not interested in objective facts, Rather all they really care about is exciting their base with hatred and intolerance.

Transgender facts - Mayo Clinic

Edited by Jingthing

9 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Same here.

Didn't even know women were different until I arrived here. First bit of fluff I invited back to my room, after picking 'her' up on Beach road, turned out to be a 'he'. Sent him packing.

Thought I'd have another try. Went down Soi Diana and met the wife. Dear me.

You didn't know women were different? How is that possible? 

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

There are such things as objective facts,

I do understand the odious fascistic US movement to make transgender American's lives as miserable as possible (including genocidal rhetoric to eradicate them) is not interested in objective facts, Rather all they really care about is exciting their base with hatred and intolerance.

Transgender facts - Mayo Clinic

I have no problems with transgender, full ops should be totally accepted as women in society.

Guys wearing a dress and pretending to be women, entirely different, that endangers both men and women.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Guys wearing a dress and pretending to be women, entirely different, that endangers both men and women.

I won't even ask how this "endangers" anyone? Projecting your insecurities and fears is a waste of time IMO.

That said, you live in Thailand so your concern for matters in the U.S. are perplexing.

Thailand seems to be coping with transgender persons somewhat effectively (not perfectly). Genetalia, bathrooms, prisons, military, drag-shows (cabarets) etc. don't seem to be huge problems. Thai females do not seem to have issues sharing bathrooms with MTF transgender people. Why do you seem to have an issue with a bathroom which you do not utilize?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

I won't even ask how this "endangers" anyone? Projecting your insecurities and fears is a waste of time IMO.

Ladyboys were allowed to use female dorms at Chiang Mai University (2015-2017).

There were several rapes, now stopped as they created a 3rd class of dorms for the ladyboys to live in. Not sure if it was made public knowledge.

No insecurity from me, but my daughter was a student at the time and I'd prefer her not to be raped while living in compulsory (1st year) student accommodation.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not sure if it was made public knowledge.

Thank you for that honest clarification.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

No insecurity from me, but my daughter was a student at the time and I'd prefer her not to be raped while living in compulsory (1st year) student accommodation.

I understand your concern. Was your daughter similarly concerned?

Sexual assault is of course a serious crime. I'd submit that most sexual assault is committed by someone known to the victim, often a close relative. I'd also submit that the incident of transgender MTF sexual assualt on females is insignificantly small as a percentage.

Grasp at another straw.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

I'd also submit that the incident of transgender MTF sexual assualt on females is insignificantly small as a percentage.

Obviously, if they've had the full op, there's no danger.

But they're not transgender if they still have a penis.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

32 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I have no problems with transgender, full ops should be totally accepted as women in society.

I'm inclined to agree.  The Caitlin Jenner documentary on Netflix is well worth watching.

https://www.netflix.com/th-en/title/81026436

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, owl sees all said:

And what policies might they be Eric?

Not allowing men, who say they are women, from competing in women's sport?

Should have better criteria for transgender athletes not a discriminating outright ban. The Olympic criteria for transgender athletes would be a good start. 

17 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

But they're not transgender if they still have a penis.

They are men if they have a penis. If they have it chopped off, along with their two veg, they are still men.

But!! If they want to change their name. Be called Miss, instead of Mister, that's fine with me. As long as they don't bother anyone. And as long as they don't indoctrinate kids about changing their gender.. And as long as they don't get into 'women only' spaces and practices.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Should have better criteria for transgender athletes not a discriminating outright ban. The Olympic criteria for transgender athletes would be a good start. 

All the issues anti-trans people raise are addressable. Sheesh, we put a man on the moon surely we can handle bathrooms, sports, and all the other stuff?

We had separate facilites for blacks in the U.S. for a hundred years. We built facilities for handicapped people without any issues.

8 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

All the issues anti-trans people raise are addressable. Sheesh, we put a man on the moon surely we can handle bathrooms, sports, and all the other stuff?

We had separate facilites for blacks in the U.S. for a hundred years. We built facilities for handicapped people without any issues.

Republicans are being held hostage by their base and their conservative policies placate the base but short on solutions. They are a backward looking party. 

Just now, Eric Loh said:

Republicans are being held hostage by their base and their conservative policies

I think this is a good thing, painful in the near-term, as they move towards less defensible policies daily. Eventually the repurcussions will be deafening.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

So all the biological males at CMU are a "danger"?

Plenty of Indian males with gold necklaces in Pattaya appear to be in danger.

Not to mention one of my pals fell to his death from a balcony in CM, only witness the ladyboy in his room.

So here I am, totally happy with true transgender people being accepted in their new sexuality, but you hate me for pointing out the dangers of crossdressers pretending. I can't win.

In fact anyone with an ounce of common sense would realise that many men are sexually aggressive and inherently violent no matter what clothes they choose to wear.  

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

IMO. and the opinion of most people, is that men should not be competing in women's sports, where being man can give an undoubted advantage. Swimming, athletics, boxing, football etc.

However there are some sports where being a man, a woman, or someone else, has no advantage. Darts, snooker, fishing etc.

9 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

IMO. and the opinion of most people, is that men should not be competing in women's sports, where being man can give an undoubted advantage. Swimming, athletics, boxing, football etc.

However there are some sports where being a man, a woman, or someone else, has no advantage. Darts, snooker, fishing etc.

Not when transgender athletics received medical treatment to lower their testosterone levels, studies have shown. Transgender athletics have been competing in Olympics. Should not be a sledge-hammer approach to disallow transgenders in sport.

regardless of what Biden said it was obviously politically motivated statement. Reps. in FL are winning so he had to de-humanize them: "Evil monsters attacking pretty ladies who [used to] have a noodle!"
He (and his base) don't give a flying banana about them, but elections are important.

Seeing kids in high school "transitioning" (near Pantip Plaza, Bangkok, there's big college) is something scary to me and I don't want my kid to be around them. Nothing "phobic" - I just don't want.

But there's no law in Thailand that should regulate (as forbid or deny) sell of hormones to youth. Not long ago it was also very easy to get "re-assignment surgery" for walk-in customers here.

As for Biden? Who cares what his mother used to say about "pretty ladies with a noodle"!

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/15/2023 at 11:19 AM, KhunLA said:

Just a head shot, as I'd have to dig up the original, non digital in a folder, in a box, somewhere.

aupaa.jpg

Hair teased out, make up professionally applied, no facial hair (minus full beard) and my girlfriend didn't even recognize me, and I was talking to her.

1987 vs non drag (1990), and one of only times I didn't have facial hair, before coming to TH:

image.png.8f398ecaf5e86d368a98ec16ec48e8b9.png

He he. Good for you! Took on a request for a pic and followed through immensely! 
If the top ten over posters were required to do this they would all go into hiding behind their keyboards I bet. Would be great to have new fresh posters without all the same old comments again and again and again. 

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

but you hate me

What a strange thing to assume and state? I don't hate you. I don't know you, and I expend zero energy on "hate".

Do you often feel that people who have different opinions than you hate you?

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I can't win.

Is everything about winning? Do you feel like you have to win, or you somehow feel inadequate?

Nobody is losing anything. I mean other than trans-people in the U.S.

Look I get that the world is changing quite rapidly, and that many feel left behind and long for the good old days. That said, I'm struggling to understand why these anti-Trans laws in the U.S, and POTUS's statement impact you as a Brit (assuming you'er handle is descriptive) and a resident in Thailand.

33 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

As for Biden? Who cares what his mother used to say about "pretty ladies with a noodle"!

Evidently you care. I mean you took the time to write a post. And as for that noodle, talk to a Doctor, I'm sure there's a pill for it.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Not when transgender athletics received medical treatment to lower their testosterone levels, studies have shown. Transgender athletics have been competing in Olympics. Should not be a sledge-hammer approach to disallow transgenders in sport.

I have read reports about 'testosterone' and IMO it is utter nonsense. Just going through puberty give men an advantage that cannot be taken away. And by the way Eric, there is a reason why men are bigger, faster and quicker than ladies. Nature dictates. on so many levels.

Personally, I don't care how much medical treatment a man has, to convert him into someone else.

Men shouldn't be competing in events where being a man gives an unfair advantage. Women's sport should be for girls only, and not for men masquerading as women.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, alex8912 said:

He he. Good for you! Took on a request for a pic and followed through immensely! 
If the top ten over posters were required to do this they would all go into hiding behind their keyboards I bet. Would be great to have new fresh posters without all the same old comments again and again and again. 

Yeah I'm a open book sometimes.   There's nothing I wouldn't say on the forum, that I wouldn't say in life or to someone's face.   I don't hide behind the keyboard.

If anyone wanted to find me, I posted enough pictures and maps that I'd be easy to track down.

19 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Sexual assault is of course a serious crime. I'd submit that most sexual assault is committed by someone known to the victim, often a close relative. I'd also submit that the incident of transgender MTF sexual assualt on females is insignificantly small as a percentage.

When discussing transvestites, rather than those with full operative changes, how does one tell the difference between a man that just likes wearing a dress, and a man that identifies as a female?

Of course a man that identifies as a female is not going to be a threat to women as they like men, but a man that just wears a dress is still attracted to women.