I like thigh food! (As a test on a first date)

Jingthing

Thighland in the news again from U.S. politicians.

Previously we had a politician mispronounce Thailand as Thighland out of ignorance.

Now we have a report of a politician INTENTIONALLY mispronouncing Thailand as Thighland to see how compliant female dates are. 

If they corrected his pronunication, it was game over.

Rather revealing behavior. 

Wonder why Thighwan doesn't get this kind of fun action?

Now that the cat is out of the bag, the Thighland gambit is now useless.

Perhaps, men afraid of assertive women can say Singerpore instead?

Or Vietname?

How about Bally for Bali?

Feel encouraged to come up with your own date testers.

Gov. Ron DeSantis used to pronounce Thai as ‘thigh’ to assess dates, former Yale classmate claims (yahoo.com)

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1

I want a date who could care less about stuff. I want someone who cares. I am cynical enough for both of us. I think that's why older westerners like thai girls. Big open smile and eyes. They think it's because of the tits and ass which it is a bit of the reason but western men and women too easily see each others flaws and it seems thai ladies are more like a blank canvass. Too blank sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Wonder why Thighwan doesn't get this kind of fun action?

Well it's not Thaiwan for starters
and if the TH in Thailand is properly pronounced there is little or no no difference with Thighland.

8 hours ago, orchis said:

Well it's not Thaiwan for starters
and if the TH in Thailand is properly pronounced there is little or no no difference with Thighland.

No second date for you!

The point is DeSantis and most everyone else in the US that knows that Thailand exists, knows that it is not pronounced Thigh-land.

When we lived in the US people would ask my wife where she was from.  She would tell them Thailand.  A lot of them would reply, "oh, you're from Taiwan"

Or when asked her name she would tell them Nareerat and some would reply, "Margaret, that's a nice name."

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, rwill said:

When we lived in the US people would ask my wife where she was from.  She would tell them Thailand.  A lot of them would reply, "oh, you're from Taiwan"

Or when asked her name she would tell them Nareerat and some would reply, "Margaret, that's a nice name."

Some still refer to Thaiwan as Formosa.

Thaiwan is a more appropriate name, in fact.

image.jpeg.de010c73c8617b1f8b81cc16967f76d5.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

It is strange how well educated Americans, graduating from Yale and Harvard such as Ron DeSantis and for example Ted Cruz are transformed to complete <deleted> and dumb donkeys when they get older/ or become politicians. If you listen to any of them for more than 30 seconds it is mind blowing how much garbage comes out. And I mean really stupid stuff. Or is it just that you can earn a magna cum laude in America by just being stupid? And that thing with the Thigh food that Ron did just shows a serious flaw in character.

Edited by AlQaholic
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

Kinnock, known for his excellent speeches, have always fully supported Biden and states himself Biden made a honest mistake. Biden never writes his own speeches. This was the one and only time he was accused of plagiarism and probably cost him the nomination at the time. Biden do some gaffes sometimes and is well known for them. They are never done in malice or spite unlike just about everything Trump utters. For the other accusations about being a moron, liar and corrupt, please present evidence if you are going to accuse someone of those things. Evidence for Trump being a complete idiot has been out there in just about every appearance he makes.

The old Trump deflection again.

Meanwhile, back at Newsweek....

https://www.newsweek.com/did-joe-biden-cheat-law-school-what-he-has-said-about-stupid-mistake-1708548

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iron Tongue said:

Sure... That wasn't the only plagerized speech he gave during his first Pres. attempt.

"Honest mistake"?  Like how he also outright LIED about his educational and professional accomplishments?  

What one man did in the 1980's, has you trying to jump 40-years to explain them away?

Yeah, yeah, it's always Trump's fault...

Biden didn't say Thigh-land.

You know -- the topic here.