Thai Woman Falls To Death From Pattaya Condo

webfact

image.jpeg

The compound of the condo where the young woman died after falling from her seventh floor unit. Photo: TV Channel 7

by TNR Staff

A YOUNG Thai woman died after falling from the seventh floor of a Pattaya condo before dawn today (Mar. 15) with her shocked younger sister distressed at her death, TV Channel 7 said.

At 4.20 a.m. Pol. Lt. Col. Saijai Khamchula, an investigator at Mueang Pattaya police station, was informed of a woman plunging to her death at condominium in Nong Prue Sub-district, Bang Lamung district, and rushed there with a police team and Sawang Boriboon Thammasathan rescuers.

At the side of the condo they found the body of Ms, Rungrat, 27, with her upset younger sister Ms. Janjira, 25, standing by. Rescuers covered her body with a piece of cloth and condoned the area.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/03/15/thai-woman-falls-to-death-from-pattaya-condo/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2023-03-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, BananaStrong said:
1 hour ago, smedly said:

was this man worth it - likely not

This is why it's sooooo hard being a man!!!!    NOWHERE in this story does it say "man," but already men are being blamed!!!

It does mention a "boyfriend" who is likely to be  a man.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, watchcat said:

"Just as she was talking to her boyfriend her sister ran out naked and jumped down the balcony". From the link.

I read that as a man the sister of the deceased was talking to....hardly sounds like he is involved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BananaStrong said:

This is why it's sooooo hard being a man!!!!    NOWHERE in this story does it say "man," but already men are being blamed!!!

maybe you have a meaning for the word "boyfriend" nobody else has

1 hour ago, BananaStrong said:

what about this?

Just as she was talking to her boyfriend her sister ran out naked and jumped down the balcony before her eyes. She had tried to stop her but was not in time, she added.

Note, it does not say there was a man there -- he could have been on the phone. but a man was very definitely mentioned in the story you neglected to read. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, n00dle said:

what about this?

Note, it does not say there was a man there -- he could have been on the phone. but a man was very definitely mentioned in the story you neglected to read. 

yeah the man.......... is the boyfriend of the not dead sister.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

yeah the man.......... is the boyfriend of the not dead sister.

We don't know whose boyfriend he is, due to the usual appalling Thai reporting. We can assume it was the boyfriend of the sister who is still alive, but we don't actually know because we aren't told. Also, as mentioned above. we aren't told if he was there or on the phone. More clear as mud reporting.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, watchcat said:

"Just as she was talking to her boyfriend her sister ran out naked and jumped down the balcony". From the link.

Yeah, but it´s still a strange reaction on a simple phone call.

3 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Article was clear to me, sorry to hear you are struggling with it.

I don't need your sarcasm. I'm a journalist of over 40 years at the very highest level (the agencies and papers such as the London Times) and know very well what is clear writing and what is not, and how not to jump to conclusions.

As others have said, and which you choose to ignore, is that there was no clear indication of whether the sister was talking to her own boyfriend or that of her sister, nor whether he was in the room or on the phone. We can assume it was her boyfriend and he was there in the room, but that is only an assumption. We don't know that for a fact as the writer did not make that clear. My job was and is always to leave no room for doubt. Pedantic perhaps, but that is what a proper journalist needs to be, rather than leave the readership in any doubt.

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling to understand that. It was only clear to you because you jumped to a conclusion without questioning what you were reading. As a journalist I never jump to conclusions.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I don't need your sarcasm. I'm a journalist of over 40 years at the very highest level (the agencies and papers such as the London Times) and know very well what is clear writing and what is not, and how not to jump to conclusions.

As others have said, and which you choose to ignore, is that there was no clear indication of whether the sister was talking to her own boyfriend or that of her sister, nor whether he was in the room or on the phone. We can assume it was her boyfriend and he was there in the room, but that is only an assumption. We don't know that for a fact as the writer did not make that clear. My job was and is always to leave no room for doubt. Pedantic perhaps, but that is what a proper journalist needs to be, rather than leave the readership in any doubt.

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling to understand that. It was only clear to you because you jumped to a conclusion without questioning what you were reading. As a journalist I never jump to conclusions.

Maybe so, but you're still awesomely quick to grab the wrong end of the stick.

I never worked on Fleet Street but I do have an SCE Higher (A-level) band A in English which included comprehension in the 5-year syllabus. Thus my comprehension, like a few others on here, is that the sister of the dead balcony jumper was the one reported to have been talking on her own phone to her own boyfriend when her sister who was not talking to anyone on any phone jumped off the balcony.

7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

comprehension

Assumption. There's a difference. You assumed - comprehended in your words - without knowing all the facts as they weren't given or made clear. It was a more than reasonable assumption, but an assumption nevertheless.

In this instance it has no ramifications and is very trivial and so maybe I shouldn't have commented on it. But leaving something open to interpretation would draw a reprimand from a proper editor, or in other and more serious circumstances be exploited by a lawyer. Language is very precise, but that is an aspect that is unimportant to most. It is important, though, to others who deal in words, and certainly should be in the media.

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Please tell where you hang out. Want to be sure to never go there.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

We don't know whose boyfriend he is, due to the usual appalling Thai reporting. We can assume it was the boyfriend of the sister who is still alive, but we don't actually know because we aren't told. Also, as mentioned above. we aren't told if he was there or on the phone. More clear as mud reporting.

“Just as she was talking to her boyfriend, her sister ran out naked and jumped down the balcony”

I’ve inserted a comma after boyfriend, which might make it clearer for a journo like yourself ; although we still don’t know if he was at the scene, or if she was talking to him on the phone ¯\_()_/¯

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Thus my comprehension, like a few others on here, is that the sister of the dead balcony jumper was the one reported to have been talking on her own phone to her own boyfriend when her sister who was not talking to anyone on any phone jumped off the balcony.

is it too late for a refund on that credential? The word phone is not used anywhere in the story. Nor however does the stroy indicate the living sister's boyfriends was there in person.

It is unclear. 

you are making assumptions and appearing rather foolish doing it.

On 3/16/2023 at 11:49 AM, n00dle said:

is it too late for a refund on that credential? The word phone is not used anywhere in the story. Nor however does the stroy indicate the living sister's boyfriends was there in person.

It is unclear. 

you are making assumptions and appearing rather foolish doing it.

Aha! So it was YOU that introduced the notion that a phone could have been involved. I knew I had read it somewhere in this melange of quibbling armchair detective work masquerading as a critique of Thai journalism.

Thanks.

How about just for once we could read a post ,make some sensible comments and move on .

Instead of the bickering and arguing and personal attacks that most posts seem to cause these days? Asking for a friend.