Five Senior Police Including Chief Transferred After Bangla Bar Raid Uncovers Evidence of Child Sexual Exploitation

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Patong – Five Patong senior police have been transferred after an illegal bar on Bangla Road in Patong was raided uncovering six victims of child sexual exploitation who were rescued, being minors under the age of eighteen.

The Phuket Provincial Police Commander Major General Sermphan Sirikong has issued an order on Thursday (March 16th).

The order states according to the raid on the Bangla Walking Street where officials have rescued six underage female victims from an alleged prostitution service and human trafficking network.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/03/17/update-five-senior-police-including-chief-transferred-after-bangla-bar-raid-uncovers-evidence-of-child-sexual-exploitation/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-03-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

18 hours ago, ezzra said:

Long time ago someone said that some police outfits in some countries are nothing but an organized crime groups in uniforms, and i thing Thailand could be a good contender for such label.

Contender... it's got the gold medal award.

• Like 1

Must be serious to be named & shamed:

For further transparency, a full investigation, and to prevent any damage for the government, five Patong Police as following will, therefore, be transferred to work at the Phuket Provincial Police Station.

1. The Patong Police Chief Colonel Sujin Nilbodee
  2. Patong Police Deputy Chief Lieutenant Colonel Somphon Surin.
  3. Patong Police Deputy Chief Lieutenant Colonel Naruebodin Pangleesen
  4. Inspector of Crime Prevention and Suppression Lieutenant Colonel Wutthiwat Leangboonjinda
  5. Inspector of Investigations Lieutenant Colonel Suchart Chumpusang

21 hours ago, worrab said:

So, can we assume that these senior police officers have been turning a blind eye as to what was going on?? And receiving the famous brown envelopes to do so?? Then we will just transfer them!! It beggars belief that corrupt officers can just be moved to another post and then do the same again!! They should be sacked......end of!!

Innocent until PROVEN guilty so transferred to inactive posts where they have no contact with each other until the investigation is complete.THEN sacked or imprisoned depending on the result

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Notice the key word here, transferred. The RTP at it's inception seems to have been created with a status quo from the government. We will NOT pay you a living wage, but you have a franchise, and the limit of your income is based solely on your own creativity and initiative, and you will always be protected. Is that not the case? Are they patrolling the highways to find reckless drivers? No. Why? Because they do not care one iota about traffic safety. It is all lip service. The RTP are a blight on the nation.

I agree with your summation but I think you mean quid pro quo?

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

How do the senior police get implicated?  Do the people who have been arrested name them, or do they have records with their names on?

These officers are guilty of not playing 'pass the parcel' with their superiors, hence being shunted sidways out of the lucrative Patong franchise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

These officers are guilty of not playing 'pass the parcel' with their superiors, hence being shunted sidways out of the lucrative Patong franchise.

I was in Bangla Road last night and with a few friends, decided to go into Soi Sea Dragon to have a look around, and sure enough the go-go bar that begins with a "V" was shut down and a person in the know said that some trucks arrived early in the morning and moved just about everything out of the place.

What was surprising was that the well-known go-go club "Suzie Wong's" has also been shut down, along with its sister venue, "Harem" and as far as I know, there have never been any underage girls working in those places, one of which I have visited with friends on occasion, and I also know the owner of both of them.

Good to see that the girls were able to continue with some sort of activity, because all of them were crowded round the bar at the end of Soi Sea Dragon, which was frantically busy with customers!

On 3/17/2023 at 11:57 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

If this is about teenagers who are almost 18, the age when lots of teenagers have anyhow sex, then this is obviously still illegal, but IMHO, a very different situation.

Absolutely NOT!!!!!!!!!!!  In fact, America will prosecute these criminals and the FBI will get involved (FACT).   This line-of-reasoning is used on girls 17,16,15,14 and it never ends.    Oh, well she's a very mature 14 year old!!!!   Jail!!!!   Tell the judge, this is not a very different situation and let me quote the laws:

But whether it involves commercial or non-commercial sex acts, the FBI—in conjunction with our domestic and international law enforcement partners—investigates U.S. citizens and permanent residents who travel overseas to engage in illegal sexual conduct with children under the age of 18.

A little too lazy to find anything more, but AMERICANS better not have this logic!!!!!    Oh, your honor, I have my own moral code and feel underage kids can be exploited if I think it's a different situation.

JAIL, no compassion.   

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

Absolutely NOT!!!!!!!!!!!  In fact, America will prosecute these criminals and the FBI will get involved (FACT).   This line-of-reasoning is used on girls 17,16,15,14 and it never ends.    Oh, well she's a very mature 14 year old!!!!   Jail!!!!   Tell the judge, this is not a very different situation and let me quote the laws:

But whether it involves commercial or non-commercial sex acts, the FBI—in conjunction with our domestic and international law enforcement partners—investigates U.S. citizens and permanent residents who travel overseas to engage in illegal sexual conduct with children under the age of 18.

A little too lazy to find anything more, but AMERICANS better not have this logic!!!!!    Oh, your honor, I have my own moral code and feel underage kids can be exploited if I think it's a different situation.

JAIL, no compassion.   

Who cares about the USA and the FBI?

In case you missed it, this forum is about Thailand. 

I met my Thai gf in Thailand when she was 16. Now go and complain to your American FBI. 

6 hours ago, worrab said:

Knowing Thailand, I think that is wishful thinking and they will be in another post somewhere to carry on their corrupt practices.  

That's probably fair comment from what I have read on this forum but one can only hope

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 6:26 AM, hotchilli said:
On 3/17/2023 at 11:37 AM, ezzra said:

Long time ago someone said that some police outfits in some countries are nothing but an organized crime groups in uniforms, and i thing Thailand could be a good contender for such label.

Contender... it's got the gold medal award.

It was the UN, and they named Thailand. Not sure if Thailand tried to sue them for defamation :smile:

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 1:53 PM, xylophone said:

Good to see that the girls were able to continue with some sort of activity, because all of them were crowded round the bar at the end of Soi Sea Dragon, which was frantically busy with customers!

I was also on Bangla on Friday and saw SW's was closed.

And, just like the good old Sandbox days, all of the girls had simply been shuffled along to Sea Dragon Bar which, as you say, was packed. I initially thought that SW's was the subject of this thread, but there are odd things going on at the moment with 1am closing for three days apparently.

Pre-Covid Sea Dragon Bar was my favourite but it is not to my taste these days - I don't know of one other beer bar anywhere else in Thailand that does not put your beer in a condom!