Songkran - when does the craziness start & end?

bbi1

8 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Different areas, different dates. Not one of the important dates I try to remember.

It's always basically the same in all areas of Thailand, but some places extend it either side of the correct date. 

Mr Bingle could help if you, or bbi1 wanted to know.

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

It's always basically the same in all areas of Thailand, but some places extend it either side of the correct date. 

Mr Bingle could help if you, or bbi1 wanted to know.

ah in that case can you be specific what date the water fighting start and end in Pattaya? and we'll do a review post Songkran to see if you were right

28 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

ah in that case can you be specific what date the water fighting start and end in Pattaya? and we'll do a review post Songkran to see if you were right

I moved from that 5hit hole several years ago so I do not know when the fighting has started for the last few years. Come on some Pattayan, let scuba know please.

Loudest Sunday I can remember in years...... Let's go!!!!   I hope it's the loudest Songkran ever, and I'm sure the expats who came here "open to the Thailand experience" go crazy and cry online for weeks and weeks and weeks and months and years and decades and decades......

image.jpeg.342932020d0214618266758392bde25a.jpeg

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, PJ71 said:

It's the most stupid event in the Thai calendar where adults behave like children / retards ( mostly farangs! ). 

Don't insult the children and retards by comparing them to the adults that act like idiots.

• Thanks 1

I did it once back in 2005.  Pffff.  Too messy and too long.  I don't mind a few days of wildness, or a weekend.  But a whole week is too much.  Can't walk to the stores, shops, mall without getting soaked.  Not the way to enjoy every day.  Definitely might not be something somebody with a short holiday might want.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Even retard children wouldn't throw water in the face of a motorcyclist going 40 kph. Always have a holiday booked to escape this madness.

Well omit the word 'retard' and I might say 'oh yes they would'!

On 3/19/2023 at 11:20 AM, PJ71 said:

It's the most stupid event in the Thai calendar where adults behave like children / retards ( mostly farangs! ). 

I beg to differ. I get a free shower every day. I wear different clothes too, so they all get washed.  Then?  I'm good for another year.

• Haha 1