Aussie dad gets into fistfight with monkeys on Ko Phi Phi in Thailand

webfact

14 hours ago, NanLaew said:

You ever been to these places where they allow visitors to buy bananas to feed the monkeys? You either buy a LOT of bananas or you wait until the next punter shows up with their bunch to start feeding them and make your escape.

Do you think the monkeys ever get sick of eating bananas? I know i sure get tired of eating rice ????

17 hours ago, pomchop said:

I remember long ago on phi phi watching tourists come spread a blanket and head for the water.....a lot of monkeys lived on the cliffside and would sit and watch ready to launch their attack.  They would run down grab any bags and immediately head back up the cliffs out of reach.  I would guess some thai guys would climb the cliffs later and score a lot of stuff as the monkeys were obviously more interested in food than personal items or $$....no doubt a big pain in axx for the tourists if your passport/$$ /credit cards were in bag.

Yes, that was the problem the monkeys went through their bags which contained their passports and credit cards I've seen the video on TV 

Some of these monkeys were relocated from habitats on Phuket when they had over bred and started being a nuisance to tourists.

Instead of culling, authorities moved groups to a couple of small islands where they had to learn to survive in a new environment. I believe they were feeding them, at least initially. This could explain their behavior towards visitors.

Edited by Old Croc
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Sailing La Vagabonde Net Worth

Sailing La Vagabonde, an Australian sailing YouTube channel by video bloggers Riley Whitelum and Elayna Carausu, has risen to fame. 2023 estimates suggest that the Sailing La Vagabonde Net Worth is around $10 million. The channel Sailing La Vagabonde documents the couple’s life aboard their sailing catamaran La Vagabonde."

Sailing La Vagabonde Net Worth (2023) - Age , Income (moneypromax.com)

These monkeys are super aggressive, I can attest to that.  Something I did set off one of them and he got very aggressive and chased me off.  Only reason I didn't fight him was I didn't want to be the guy caught in a video fighting a monkey.  ???? But they are very aggressive and I advise people to stay away from them.  

22 hours ago, Neeranam said:

My wife is from Lopburi, so I have a lot of experience with monkeys. Once i got in a serious fight with one, over some durian, they can be nasty buggers.

Saw a movie on that. So i never want to be in Lopburi. You have my respect, you even want to stay there.

But mountain temple in Prachuap Khirikan is also not that nice, especially the parking place they made for it with a fountain. No one parks there, it is a domain for the monkeys playing in the fountain.

But Lopburi is indeed quite horrible.

On 3/22/2023 at 9:41 AM, Adumbration said:

Original clip from youtube:

This is a family who travels the world and they (he) don't have the common sense to both leaving their things where monkeys will grab them, as they do most everywhere in Thailand, and bringing small children around animals that are well known to bite? 

• Like 1

I've seen monkeys stealing all kinds of things, even smartphones, from people. I carefully stow my hearing aids away when in sight of monkeys. All animals (and humans!) who live from hand-outs become noxious after a while.

15 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

This is a family who travels the world and they (he) don't have the common sense to both leaving their things where monkeys will grab them, as they do most everywhere in Thailand, and bringing small children around animals that are well known to bite? 

Monkeys not always present, they live in the jungle.  And then come to the beach if they know people are there.  I have experienced the same problem.  Parked myself up on a nice part of the beach.  The paddled out for a surf.  While floating on my board noticed a pack of monkeys arrive on the beach out of the jungle and grabbing my stuff (but I had roped my backpack to a big log on the beach).

3 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

I believe they left their things where the monkeys could grab them, so they could then post videos of them being attacked by the monkeys. 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Saw a movie on that. So i never want to be in Lopburi. You have my respect, you even want to stay there.

But mountain temple in Prachuap Khirikan is also not that nice, especially the parking place they made for it with a fountain. No one parks there, it is a domain for the monkeys playing in the fountain.

But Lopburi is indeed quite horrible.

I live in Hua Hin, never lived in lopburi 

On 3/22/2023 at 5:20 PM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Do you think the monkeys ever get sick of eating bananas? I know i sure get tired of eating rice ????

Most people mix the rice with pork, chicken or fish. You should give it a try.

• Confused 1