Bungee jump given clean bill of health after Hong Kong tourist "damaged Thai tourism" by going to foreign media

webfact

34 minutes ago, cracker1 said:

"It was decided that the cord had broken perhaps due to wear that could not be ascertained with the naked eye."

If damage and deterioration can not  be seen with the naked how will it be possible to make a safety inspection?

Normally by the number of jumps made by using that cable.

Alternatively by the age of the cable.

• Like 1

Of course the inspection of the bungee, jumping apparatus checked out OK. The accident happened last month. You don’t think they repaired the equipment immediately so they wouldn’t get caught. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, stoner said:

i am surprised the bungee jumper wasn't blamed sued and deported. 

One could make the case that the tourist harmed the nation's reputation as well as the firm operating the bungee jump. So potentially both civil and criminal defamation. Especially when jumper posted on social media. And facts to the contrary are irrelevant. Defamation in Thailand is about state of mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

One could make the case that the tourist harmed the nation's reputation as well as the firm operating the bungee jump. So potentially both civil and criminal defamation. Especially when jumper posted on social media. And facts to the contrary are irrelevant. Defamation in Thailand is about state of mind.

Until you are sued then it is for real

You can be sure after these reports that "bungee jumping" activities in tourism will suffer....and when the name of this park will be revealed I am pretty sure that the owner may need to prepare his closure, whether he his guilty or not. Social media have such enormous impact and influence on our all behaviour what everybody should be aware of.....I am afraid sometimes.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Frankie baby said:

I used to erect tower cranes & other types of machinery based on tower structures. Our harnesses were checked daily & the first sign of wear or any kind of flaw the harness was binned immediately. I cant believe any flaws were not spotted on this harness to the extent that it snapped in the end. 

In the real world this is a major accident that just shouldn't  happen given the safety laws surrounding such a vital piece of equipment.

Heads should now be rolling.   

'Heads should now be rolling. '

Luckily wasn't the Hong-Kong guy's.   

If there has been any further damage done to Thai Tourism, it is by the Thai Authorities themselves.

Lets recap

The Rubber chord of the Bungee Jump snapped !

Hardly OK IMO

Should have been declared dangerous and closed within minutes.

And for the Authorities to take 2 or 3 Days to get their act together and declare this after finally visiting the structure and doing an " investigation " is a nonsense that says to the entire World.

Ho-Hum, your safety really does not matter here in LOS

We had your money for the Jump

• Like 1

What arrogance.  The HK tourist did not 'damage' Thai tourism.   No, that was the deeply embarrassing, luckily not fatal, accident that did the damage.  And, no, the cord was, obviously, not 'ok'.   Nor, no doubt, was the 'inspection'.

14 minutes ago, newnative said:

What arrogance.  The HK tourist did not 'damage' Thai tourism.   No, that was the deeply embarrassing, luckily not fatal, accident that did the damage.  And, no, the cord was, obviously, not 'ok'.   Nor, no doubt, was the 'inspection'.

Hook Line and Sinker.

The Naew Na article did not actually say that the Hong Kong tourist damaged Thai Tourism. 

If you dont believe me read the link. If you can not read Thai ask a Thai to read it for you.

Just a wind up from the translator to upset you. Happens all the time in the age of advertisers paying per click. 

Dont be fooled mate.