Pattaya Watchdog Group Urges People to Take It Easy on Water Splashing and Have a Traditional Only Songkran

webfact

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've already noticed people driving more erratically than usual, nice build up to Songkran 

That would be the Bangkok traffic in town.... they would not give way or merge if their lives depended on it!

• Like 1

I bet the Goon water throwers would like show who ever put forth this stupid suggestion what a Pattaya Songkran is all about....

With a direct blue water cannon shot to the face,followed by some powder in the eyes followed by a traditional Pattaya Songkran eye infection.. Which requires vist to the hospital.....

Happy New Year....lol

Edited by redwood1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Traditional Only Songkran

A couple of opportunities open up here.  Astute business men will invest in:

1 car washing franchises as traditionally windscreens/bodywork are smeared with flour paste blinding the driver to other road users;

2 corner the market by buying defibrillators as this is the busiest period for heart attacks after being doused in ice-cold water by pranksters.

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Pattaya focus more on the cultural side of life?

That's laughable.

just shows these people do not live in reality and turn a blind eye to whatever suits their need. 

to me it is quite scary that they honestly and with a straight face say stupid things like that.....and then would turn around and get angry if you point out the obvious. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, champers said:

In Bangkok the mayor seems to be taking a harsh approach to anti-social Songkram behaviour, maybe Pattaya and others will follow suit. See the Bangkok news forum for more detail.

The people will just travel from Bangkok and let rip in Pattaya.

Pattaya sees Songkkran as a big money earner..

21 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The people will just travel from Bangkok and let rip in Pattaya.

Pattaya sees Songkkran as a big money earner..

That is likely true. I just wonder if the upcoming election will have any impact on decision making. Tourists and expats mostly don't have a vote.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, champers said:

That is likely true. I just wonder if the upcoming election will have any impact on decision making. Tourists and expats mostly don't have a vote.

TBH will many people actually pay the high air fares for Songkran

17 hours ago, champers said:

In Bangkok the mayor seems to be taking a harsh approach to anti-social Songkram behaviour, maybe Pattaya and others will follow suit. See the Bangkok news forum for more detail.

And maybe not.......