Thai Debit Card Problem.

Hi all, I'm a full time resident of Thailand. I needed to change my SIM card when I went back to Australia. On return to Thailand I've some how misplaced my Thai SIM card before I returned to Thailand. So I went to my local bank and they told me that I needed to go online and fill in and download a form to change my SIM number.. That's ok but how can I get a security code to authorise the download when the SIM card that's on my bank profile is definitely gone. Cheers.

• Haha 1

Typical Thai logic I'm afraid :whistling:

Have you tried going to your mobile service provider with ID and telling them the SIM is lost, they should (might) be able to supply a new SIM with the old phone number ???? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Have you tried going to your mobile service provider with ID and telling them the SIM is lost, they should (might) be able to supply a new SIM with the old phone number ???? 

This should be the first step - trying to get a a replacement Sim from your service provider. 

(assuming you are the registered owner of the SIM).

Failing that, it seems somewhat daft that the Bank Can’t give you the form there and then.

Perhaps the staff are being lazy and just can’t be bothered ??...  Push back a little and ask them to download the form there for you. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

How can you do ANYTHING without an active phone/SIM here, or almost anywhere these days.

You have to register a phone number with all apps. What if you haven't got one?

I guess thats why he’s asking on this forum....  He’s starting with the Bank and will perhaps sort out all his other APPs later (such as Grab, Bolt, WhatsApp, Line etc if he uses them).

IF his number is registered with loads of other Mobile Applications etc... it makes sense to first try and get a replacement SIM before having to go through the long winded process of changing his number everywhere its registered. 

39 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

How can you do ANYTHING without an active phone/SIM here, or almost anywhere these days.

You have to register a phone number with all apps.

I manage to do everything without apps. I gave up with apps all came back with scam calls. including Wise. 

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, NONG CHOK said:

That's ok but how can I get a security code to authorise the download when the SIM card that's on my bank profile is definitely gone. Cheers.

That's like me got locked out of google, trying to recover a yahoo email address, they send a message to that email that i can't open. And to my gmail account that i can't open. mental.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did you go online (www) and try to download the form?

Maybe you can just download it without any authorization.

Otherwise you could call the call center of your bank and ask them... 

It specifically requested the code sent to my missing SIM card. The 1st day I went to my local bank and provided all the neccesary info to prove my identity. I filled out 5 forms with all my details and signed them. Next morning I opened my online banking but nothing had changed. On the 2nd day the lady told me that method isn't correct and I needed to go online, fill in the appropiate form with my signature and take the copies to the same bank, again no SIM card to receive the message. So I  can't authorize it, so maybe I'll try to retrieve the SIM number for my phone,

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

I manage to do everything without apps. I gave up with apps all came back with scam calls. including Wise. 

And, luckily or not, I have many banking and communication apps on my Huawei???? phone for years, and have NEVER had a scam call....yes, NEVER. I use Wise, Revolut etc almost daily.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I guess thats why he’s asking on this forum....  He’s starting with the Bank and will perhaps sort out all his other APPs later (such as Grab, Bolt, WhatsApp, Line etc if he uses them).

IF his number is registered with loads of other Mobile Applications etc... it makes sense to first try and get a replacement SIM before having to go through the long winded process of changing his number everywhere its registered. 

Is there not some way to transfer your old number onto a new SIM, PUK code or something?