Twitter restricts Marjorie Taylor Greene after tweets about trans people and Nashville shooting

onthedarkside

image.jpeg

Twitter appears to have limited certain tweets from the official account of representative Marjorie Taylor Greene, after the Georgia Republican unfounded made claims about the Nashville school shooting being a product of “Antifa” and “trans-terrorism.”

Ms Greene shared a screenshot from her personal account, showing a notice from Twitter describing how it had temporarily limited her access to the site for violating its rules.

In another tweet on Tuesday from her personal account, the Republican accused the site of “whitewash the incitement of politically motivated violence” because it took down a previous post, the previous post described the “Trans Day of Vengeance,” an apparent protest planned for April in Washington and claimed “people need to know about the threat they face from Antifa & trans-terrorism.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/twitter-ban-marjorie-taylor-greene-b2309784.html

image.png.624aac196024e3474bbe69cf60c9fa18.png

READ MORE NO PAYWALL

• Thumbs Up 1

I had an exchange on social media with someone complaining about transgender people being mentally ill.  I explained that Gender Dysphoria is a mental illness diagnosis, but many of the right-wingers deny them treatment.  Untreated mental conditions are a red flag.   It's especially sad when treatment is available and denied.   

"4 shooters out of over 300 mass shooters since 2009 are transgender or non-binary. That's just 1.3 percent of all shooters," Anthony Zenkus, a lecturer in social work at Columbia University, wrote on Twitter. "You just proved our point: 99 percent of mass shooters in the United States are cis gendered."

https://www.newsweek.com/mass-shootings-transgender-perpetrators-1790854

I don't think it would require a very extensive search to figure out a few diagnosable conditions afflicting MTG.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The terms trans and non-binary are not interchangeable.  A lot of people are muddying the waters with the misuse and identification of people in these categories.  The Nashville shooter identified as trans.  Some have reported that there have been 4 trans shooters.  That is not true.   

One of them was reported as non-binary by the attorney. His family and friends said he NEVER identified as anything but straight.

Not surprised at the comments.

Just as if she'd have been sporting a mullet, dungarees and driving an 8 litre Chevy truck with a pair of those fake balls hanging off the tow bar she'd have been labelled a far right, fascist, neo-nazi terrorist by many on the left.

That's just the way things are right now, unfortunately. America has been deeply divided by identity politics.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Not surprised at the comments.

Just as if she'd have been sporting a mullet, dungarees and driving an 8 litre Chevy truck with a pair of those fake balls hanging off the tow bar she'd have been labelled a far right, fascist, neo-nazi terrorist by many on the left.

That's just the way things are right now, unfortunately. America has been deeply divided by identity politics.

Don't think she been labelled. In fact she pride herself in numerous occasions to associate with far right, fascist white supremacist and neo-nazi groups. By the way, who drived and championed identity politics most. Identity politics has taken over the Reoublican Party. 

• Like 2

The Colorado Springs shooter that occurred Nov. 2022, Lee Aldrich, had no previous identity as anything but cisgender.  The first that family or friends heard anything different was when it was reported by his attorney that he was non-binary.  Many suspect it was some sort of ploy to minimize his sentences.  Here's an excerpt:

Neighbors have alleged that Aldrich made hateful remarks about the LGBTQ community, and the Colorado Sun, reporting on police testimony given to a court in February, said officers had found rainbow-colored shooting targets and documents planning the assault at Aldrich's home. 

He does not present himself as anything other than a homophobic person looking for sympathy.   

Nothing since that times has shown him to be anything other than straight.  I suspect an Incel would describe him best.  Non-binary and trans can be quite different.

https://www.newsweek.com/mass-shootings-transgender-perpetrators-1790854

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Where did you get your figures that only 100,000 in the US identify as transgender?

Pew Research Center survey finds that 1.6% of U.S. adults are transgender or nonbinary 

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/06/07/about-5-of-young-adults-in-the-u-s-say-their-gender-is-different-from-their-sex-assigned-at-birth/

No MTG has not got a valid point.

OK, so you too are agreeing with me by your own argument. Your linked data quite clearly says 0.6% transgender - NOT 1.6 - 1% are non-binary. 

You yourself are saying that trans people commit more mass shooting than non-trans ? Mass murders 1.3% - quoted above - and trans in your argument is 0.6 (not 1.6%), so your own point is that trans commit twice as much  - by your own link ! I'll wait....

Pew data is also iffy - how can you possibly have 5.1% at 18-29 and only 0.3 at 50 ? They get over it ? Oh, right, A washington Think Tank aimed at uni and school people would be my guess

A bar chart showing that in the U.S., young adults are the most likely to be transgender or nonbinary

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

OK, so you too are agreeing with me by your own argument. Your linked data quite clearly says 0.6% transgender - NOT 1.6 - 1% are non-binary. 

You yourself are saying that trans people commit more mass shooting than non-trans ? Mass murders 1.3% - quoted above - and trans in your argument is 0.6 (not 1.6%), so your own point is that trans commit twice as much  - by your own link ! I'll wait....

A bar chart showing that in the U.S., young adults are the most likely to be transgender or nonbinary

No I'm not agreeing with you at all, you came out with a nonsense figure of 100,000 people identified as transgender, of course it was also unsubstantiated.

I gave you the correct figures. 

Do you really think MTG makes a distinction between trans and non binary when she stated this?

“people need to know about the threat they face from Antifa & trans-terrorism.”

& what evidence do you have that Audrey Hale was a trans? It was only the police who mentioned that from her recent social media but not her family, friends or teachers.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/03/28/us/audrey-hale-nashville-school-shooting/index.html

• Like 1