He'll be our next president': Florida protesters stay faithful to Trump

Social Media

1 minute ago, PeasAndGravy said:

After you answer my original question.

Well, if greatness is a matter of military power, certainly after WW2. If greatness is a matter of gross economic power, that persists even to this day.

Now, what are your criteria and what country embodied or embodies them?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, if greatness is a matter of military power, certainly after WW2. If greatness is a matter of gross economic power, that persists even to this day.

So you think greatness is all about power?

Edited by PeasAndGravy
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Military Greatness: How did that work out for you in Korea & Vietnam?

• Confused 1

I think it's very unlikely Trump is reelected but I think he's right about Ukraine and some other things and wrong about just as many things!  Biden is a DISASTER is this the best America can do?  seriously???

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, PeasAndGravy said:

So you think greatness is all about power?

You asked for an answer. I gave it to you. Now, where's your definitio of what makes a nation great and what nations now or in the past are examples of that? 

Remember you said you would give an answer. 

After you answer my original question."

I've complied. Now it's your turn.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You asked for an answer. I gave it to you. Now, where's your definitio of what makes a nation great and what nations now or in the past are examples of that? 

Remember you said you would give an answer. 

After you answer my original question."

I've complied. Now it's your turn.

You haven't answered my original question. 

36 minutes ago, PeasAndGravy said:

You haven't answered my original question. 

You acknowledged I had answered your question. You questioned America's greatness without offering any criteria. I indulged you even though clearly it was up to you to explain what greatness would entail. It's clear that you've got nothing and were just winding others up. I suggest that others here don't reply to this person. They are not engaging in a good faith conversation.

• Sad 1

At this point it's probable that he'll be nominated and then it will be a one on one race in a  50 50 country so tragically it is hardly impossible for him to become president again. Also we all know even if he loses, he will try to do a coup again, this time much better prepared.

As far as the nomination, DeSantis has already bombed, he'd be stupid to even run now. A hope I see for not nominating Trump is in the Christie / Sununu lane. If both run no chance but I think Sununu without Christie running could possibly be a trump spoiler.

Edited by Jingthing

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I hope Americans make America great again. Please spend all your resources on that task.

Remove your military from the rest of the world, don't tell the rest of the world what they should do to be such a sample democracy like the USA, and maybe build lots of walls on your borders.

Maybe after 50 or 100 years you improved the USA, maybe.

Then you can try to join the rest of the world again.

Until then please concentrate on your country and leave the rest of us alone.

Agree 100 percent.

Candidates of what of the two viable US parties should I vote for then?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems 1955 was not too bad over there. ????

Back to Future is a sci-fi comedy The 50s were not so great for many people actually. MAGA awants to suppress that history. Reality today is a failed state teetering on complete collapse.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I hope Americans make America great again. Please spend all your resources on that task.

Remove your military from the rest of the world, don't tell the rest of the world what they should do to be such a sample democracy like the USA, and maybe build lots of walls on your borders.

Maybe after 50 or 100 years you improved the USA, maybe.

Then you can try to join the rest of the world again.

Until then please concentrate on your country and leave the rest of us alone.

I suppose you were just fine with USA not sending military to europe in WW2?  Especially if you were German.  Or I guess Russian invading Crimea and Ukraine would also appreciate USA staying out of it all then maybe they can take over Finland and a few other countries?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, pomchop said:

I suppose you were just fine with USA not sending military to europe in WW2?  Especially if you were German.  Or I guess Russian invading Crimea and Ukraine would also appreciate USA staying out of it all then maybe they can take over Finland and a few other countries?

Don't forget the American wars in Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq and many other places. They should just stay home and fix their problems at home. They have enough of those. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

That was then this is now, and look how it worked out? We are on the brink of WWIII. America needs to retract its military now from about 145 countries and accept a multi polar world without US hegemony.      

Let the chips fall where they may. 

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Don't forget the American wars in Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq and many other places. They should just stay home and fix their problems at home. They have enough of those. 

You really believe this. Take a look at those wars and tell me how the world would be better and some of those countries open and free.  A world without the current South Korea just one Korea under Little rocket man, or Vietnam under a 100% Chinese backed Military, or the Taliban running rampant killing women and children who don't do as a man says or want to learn, or Sadam Hussein still alive murdering his people and those of Turkey because he could.  In your view the US and its allies have created a world that you do not see as viable.  So you wanted to live in a world where traveling to certain areas of the would have been unavailable and trade would not have ever been free.

You must want a world like there was prior to 1900 without the USA's involvement. A world where other countries, like the UK, France and Spain were the top feeders and the US was like posted below. No thank you.

BYW Who do you think created most of what we see today by the Industrial revolution and their involvement?

What was the US world like in 1900?

In 1900, the average family had an annual income of $3,000 (in today's dollars). The family had no indoor plumbing, no phone, and no car. About half of all American children lived in poverty. Most teens did not attend school; instead, they labored in factories or fields.

This must be the world you want 

The collapse of British naval power, combined with the rise of Germany and Japan, suddenly placed the United States in a pivotal position. American military power helped defeat Germany in the First World War, and the peace that followed was significantly shaped by a U.S. president. But Americans recoiled from their deep involvement in world affairs, and for the next two decades, they sat by as fascism and tyranny spread unchecked, ultimately causing the liberal world order to fall apart.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, PeasAndGravy said:

As I get older I tend to forget things, so I would be obliged if you can inform me when was America great the first time? (Except in it's own opinion)

was England ever great? France? yet they were considered great empires. innovation and invention drive economies, America is great at those 2 things, and if you have an innovation then there is no better place to be

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, stevenl said:

The difference is Trump supporters are supporting the man, Biden 'supporters' are supporting the cause.

Must be complete idiots supporting the cause of the current US agenda of surging inflation, mass illegal immigration, collapsing dollar, throwing arms to the taliban, perodollar collapse, mass crime epidemic, BLM riots. ............................

The democratic party - not that I would support them - is in no way the democratic party of the past. Now its just party being led by a left wing radical movement. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1