Are you thinking of buying a BYD EV?

2 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

I certainly won't buy an ICE vehicle again.

Yea ... what they said.  

Thankfully I rolled the dice, as I was quite skeptical myself, especially since just buying an ICEV we really liked, a mere 18 months earlier.

Would never consider an ICEV again.  All you skeptics out there, really need to hire/rent one a week.  Take a few local O&As, nothing requiring CS, all within about 250 kms R/T.  On some nice roads.  Pretty sure you'll be converted to the EV cult ????

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KhunLA said:

Yea ... what they said.  

Thankfully I rolled the dice, as I was quite skeptical myself, especially since just buying an ICEV we really liked, a mere 18 months earlier.

Would never consider an ICEV again.  All you skeptics out there, really need to hire/rent one a week.  Take a few local O&As, nothing requiring CS, all within about 250 kms R/T.  On some nice roads.  Pretty sure you'll be converted to the EV cult ????

EV's are not, and will not be a cult, because everyone will be driving them in the not too near motoring future.

What will come to the fore with EV"s is brand names for quality, then the cheapies like MG.....????

13 minutes ago, macahoom said:

Transman - I just Googled and I think I found a photo of you which reveals how you know that MGs are gonna prove to be unreliable in the future.

I was wondering how you know!858491901_Image(1).png.5ffa1183a5903f81694dfda13f6de38c.png

But I have never said they are unreliable........????...........????

Ask Mr. MG.....????

6 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

He seems to have a problem with a Chinese carmaker taking a down and out British name like MG and restoring it to being one of the leading EV brands in the world. 

Most Brits wouldn't know that MG used to be a British company......and those that did would be mainly the Brexit voting thicko's.  Thankfully they are getting less,  demographics and all that......

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, brianburi said:

Most Brits wouldn't know that MG used to be a British company......and those that did would be mainly the Brexit voting thicko's.  Thankfully they are getting less,  demographics and all that......

If a Brexit voting thicko knows that MG used to be a British company, that means that a pro-EU Brit who didn’t realise that MG used to be British is… more thick?

On 9/27/2023 at 10:49 AM, stupidfarang said:

All Brits know MG used to be a British company, your statement is so stupid

All..... yes I am sure all those young black kids in our inner cities know all about the Brit motor industry.  When you've rebuilt a few 3 piece MG sills get back to me.......

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Pib said:

Houston,  Tranquility base here...Pib's Atto has landed in his driveway. 

Pib is now accomplishing Infotainment system checks....trying to figure out how to use all the possible settings....he's hoping he doesn't accidently trigger some type of James Bond injection seat.    Arrived home from the dealership with a 99% charge remaining and the "granny" charger is now hooked-up....correction, granny charger has topped the charge back up to 100%....granny charger just unplugged.  All systems are a Go.   Tranquility base out.

Congratulations 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2023 at 1:15 PM, KhunLA said:

Yea ... what they said.  

Not a chance in Hell. Higher purchase price, higher insurance premiums if you can find someone to insure. High cost long term maitenance, possibility of battery fire/thermal runaway, not practicle for people travelling long distances, and recently EV's have taken a nose dive in resale value. 

• 4 weeks later...

This might be pretty interesting to some....especially BYD Atto 3 owners like myself. 

Below article shows a BYD Yuan Plus (a.k.a.,) BYD Atto 3 broken down into its major components with many pictures.  Google Translate is your friend with this article and the pictures have annotation/descriptions in Chinese so I used my computer to display/translate the core article while at the same time using using my smartphone to view & google translate the wording on the pictures.  

https://m.geeknev.com/article/749846874004938788?ad=164

image.png.2eb44bb46148bdded758cd22d46cfe5c.png

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 11:49 PM, KhunLA said:

Your ignorance shines ... 😂

... higher cost - cheaper than Toyota Cross (made in TH)

.... ins ... less than the ICE version, also 25% higher insured value

... resale, now has a higher insured value than a new one 🤣

... lowest maintenance & operating cost of any ICEV

... expect 500k kms, trouble free from motor & battery bank

... thermal runaway .... that's funny & BS

... 3-4 hrs on Thai roads is all I want to drive at 1 time.

... have no desire to sell, why would I ?

Trolling a 2 week old thread 🤣

Have a nice day, troll on

bye bye

giphy.gif

Good luck with your smoking gun.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1