We Finally Know the Case Against Trump, and It Is Strong

onthedarkside

And, as we all know, this is only the least serious of the charges he is facing. The Trump Soap Opera has many episodes to run. And I wonder if, at the end of this particular 'season', with reports of Trump's infidelity, we'll see a divorce application from a 'disappointed' wife in the courts too. And if she's very 'disappointed', imagine the tales she could add to the script.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

If one person was to not go with the rest of the jury in deciding guilty on a charge resulting in no unanimity then these charges would cause what is called a "hung jury". Trump would not win the case if that were to happen. It would result in a mistrial at least for these charges and given that there's about 0% chance that the prosecution would drop them a new trial with a new jury would begin until there is either an acquittal or conviction or plea bargain.

Well by that time he could be president and you can't touch a president. 

I doubt they would pursue a new trial regardless.

You're technically right but I think most defense teams see hung juries as a kind  of win.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Well by that time he could be president and you can't touch a president. 

I doubt they would pursue a new trial regardless.

You're technically right but I think most defense teams see hung juries as a kind  of win.

Because in many trials a hung jury means the evidence is really not that convincing or the situation is just not clear. But if the judge sees someone from the jury just going on his own for no apparent reason then he wont take it and call a mistrial. The prosecution in most cases also doesn't lose much by giving up the case and are not sure a new trial would end any different. This is not the situation with this trial. Giving up the case would give Trump a lot of amunition to go after them. With extremely high profile cases you are kinda all-in. A plea bargain would be the only possible solution then imho. Chances are also that the first verdict will be appealed from either side anyways. But yes, if the trial runs so long and Trump gets re-elected things would get very strange. He might then try to pardon himself which again is uncharted territory.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Strong or no strong they just don't want him to run for next presidency. 
I'm not his fan though????

Why would the dems think he could win this time when he got trounced last time and his endorsed candidates almost all lost in the mid terms?

I'm not his fan either ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Theory said:

Strong or no strong they just don't want him to run for next presidency. 
I'm not his fan though????

Actually, they do want him to run. They are counting on the 75,000,000 who backed him in 2020 to rally around him as the persecuted.  Then they're counting on the 81,000,000 that got counted for P.J Biden to do it again.

• Like 2