Authorities find 6.9M cash hidden in Fortuner during search of Ratchathewi District Chief's house in corruption case

webfact

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

A new hiding place, since hiding it under the mattress is the old way and leads to it being appropriated by others, the Fortuner at least can be secured. Mobile safe on wheels.

Parked next to it was a Lexus SUV......????

15 minutes ago, SGD said:

If 6.9m was declared, how much went missing ?

69m ?

690m ?

More ?

are you implying that the officers sent to investigate possible corruption are themselves dealing in corruption????? OMG no! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PPGuy said:

Reminds me of the Transport Ministry guy of a few years back. His house was robbed whilst his family were attending a wedding. The robbers couldn't fit all the cash into their loot bags and, when later caught with the dosh, seemingly many 100's of millions, indicated they left a similar amount, if not more, behind in the house.

Can't recall the outcome but I'm sure the Ministry guy had a plausible excuse that 'satisfied' the investigators.......

"I'm sure the Ministry guy had a plausible excuse that 'satisfied' the investigators".

Hardly, he was jailed and had assets worth B65m confiscated.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Additionally, a significant amount of cash amounting to 6,9M baht was found hidden inside the white Toyota Fortuner. Further inspection of the car revealed additional documents related to the case.

Must be a misunderstanding, just more office paperwork.

• Haha 1

The Anti-Corruption Directorate Office and the police authorities have been working tirelessly to prevent and suppress corruption in the public sector.

Hah! It is astonishing that something like this can be said, in all seriousness. Sorry. We know this is not true. Nothing about it is true. This office is one of the least serious offices in the nation. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, PPGuy said:

Reminds me of the Transport Ministry guy of a few years back. His house was robbed whilst his family were attending a wedding. The robbers couldn't fit all the cash into their loot bags and, when later caught with the dosh, seemingly many 100's of millions, indicated they left a similar amount, if not more, behind in the house.

Can't recall the outcome but I'm sure the Ministry guy had a plausible excuse that 'satisfied' the investigators.......

Yes, it seemed to be the dowry...  no joke.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

just a little drop in the vast/immense ocean of Thai corruption, they should look at the top of the pyramid

Absolutely, just think what is available if one gets to the top table. 

• Like 1