Feeling Insecure about dating ladyboys

You said your friend is "coming out". Is that coming out to Thailand, coming out as gay or both? He will have a shock if he has not seen or met ladyboy before. They can be loud and brash and way over the top. Looks or being over weight is not important as long as he has a fat wallet. I hope he knows what he is letting himself in for.

On 4/8/2023 at 5:00 PM, Sparky Barry said:

Have the years gone where Thai ladies like a man with wrinkles and a bit of weight on them? Will he be able to have intimacy with a ladyboy without her grimacing when he's not looking?

Tell him to keep on with the online stuff and give the real a miss... he passed the moment.

On 4/8/2023 at 6:52 PM, Sparky Barry said:

He's  not that old, late 40s. Just a bit on the heavy side 

When you said mobility scooter I imagined him to be about 80. 

What is "a bit on the heavy side"?   

Is his weight the reason for the mobility scooter?  if it is then I doubt he's just "a bit on the heavy side"!

Is he even on Thailand?

Unless he's very very lucky, he's going to get taken for all he's got and be left with nothing.  

I would think the key question to ponder is; Can this fellow find an emotionally stable LB that will be safe for him to be with?

Before anyone responds to me that such a comment means I'm being homophobic or some other assumption and criticism I would add my comment above applies equally to partnering with a biological female in an intimate cohabiting relationship.

There are some, perhaps many Thai's, who are stable enough to commit to as members here can attest. There are also many here in LOS a stable sane person would run a country mile from. 

If your pal is needy and, if lonely, is unable to manage his loneliness they he is a big target for someone who may appear as caring and available to commit sincerely but be the exact opposite.

Be careful, slow, judicious, and discerning is all I can say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your pal is a pervert on a scooter and feels insecure about dating ladyboys, he's not dating them, he's renting them and they don't like farang full stop. 

I pray when I'm old and infirm that I'll want to improve my spiritual condition rather than dirty sex.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/8/2023 at 5:47 PM, Sparky Barry said:

Going out on a limb here, but I think he knows they'll like him for his money. His ex-wife treated him pretty badly and he would like to be appreciated for himself. He is also worried because ladyboys have quite a bad reputation.

I just want him to find love, whether ladyboy or real lady

How much money does he have?

On 4/8/2023 at 4:39 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think there's some variation on that point. Within limits/reason,  I think some regular Thai women don't mind a man who's somewhat chubby, as that's perceived as a sign of wealth and willingness to be a good provider of food.

On the OP's broader question, I think some segments of Thai women always are going to be welcoming to older, wealthy expat guys who may not be in the best health, and may not be around for too long... ????

The OP was in reference to ladyboys and not Thai women in general. 

In one of your replies, you say ladyboy or real lady, but you start with ladyboys, as he is is interested in. So it doesnt matter what, but he wants to find "love".

That is a whole different thing and not easy to find.

But humans are all different, think otherwise. And that even can change in time.

Ladyboys are the same , just humans with their own visions.

To your mate, just "try and error", no you have, yes you can get.

You never know how a cow fetches a hare.

Saw once docu about UK men, married once with a woman, but in Thailand with ladyboy.

It happens and the answer is blowing in the wind.

Bob Marley Quotes For Him | wunderschöne zitate über das leben

And nothing else matters

22 hours ago, jimn said:

You said your friend is "coming out". Is that coming out to Thailand, coming out as gay or both? He will have a shock if he has not seen or met ladyboy before. They can be loud and brash and way over the top. Looks or being over weight is not important as long as he has a fat wallet. I hope he knows what he is letting himself in for.

Ladyboys ( the genuine ones ) see themselves as female so will not be interested in homosexual men. Anyway, why would a homosexual be interested in someone looks like a female?

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ladyboys ( the genuine ones ) see themselves as female so will not be interested in homosexual men. Anyway, why would a homosexual be interested in someone looks like a female?

A ladyboy is a man, if the guy likes the ladyboy then he is in fact gay.

• Sad 3

On 4/8/2023 at 8:06 PM, CharlieKo said:

That could be a problem. Don't see any females or Lady boy's wanting to nurse him through old age. He could end up broke and dumped in a short a time! 

Absolute nonsense. Just because 'broke and dumped' happened to your friend...

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, MarkyM3 said:
6 hours ago, jimn said:

A ladyboy is a man, if the guy likes the ladyboy then he is in fact gay.

The first part of the sentence is true but the last part is rubbish imo. Bi-confused is probably closer to the mark, LB lovers are not attracted to regular men at all. There is a reason LB are called "the third sex". 

And by the same token, ladyboys typically aren't gay (unless the compensation is sufficient). The preference for a ladyboy is for a straight/bi guy and gay men prefer gay/bi men rather than ladyboys.