Bakery Shop

Isan Farang

2 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

Where are you? 

Thailand is a big place. 

But flour, water, yeast & salt can be bought anywhere.

May take a few goes to get it right, but then, the world's your loaf.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Make your own!

Agree

@Isan Farang

It really is one of the simplest things to bake.

I use this recipe, (@ 7:20 of vid below) 4 ingredients and you don't need a food processor, although I use a stand mixer.  Just need to knead by hand for about 5-8 minutes

Instead of banquettes, (in vid) I make 1 loaf, using a spring-form pan.  Excellent results.

image.png.31c453ac98ff56ae5bcc1dea20736e61.png

Barring making your own, she seems to cook up some tasty looking wares ... including bread.

https://www.facebook.com/ibreadbyoil/

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/iBread+by+ครูออยล์,+Kaoloi+Road,+Mueang+Chiang+Rai,+เมือง,+Chiang+Rai/Ban+Lom+Jen+Bakery+%26+Homestay,+227+Moo+4,+Ban+Rimkok,+Mae+Yao,+Muang,+Chiang+Rai+57100/@19.9316856,99.7748354,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x30d7070bb6673543:0xc355288b27d882d9!2m2!1d99.834733!2d19.9132875!1m5!1m1!1s0x30d704f5aec15db3:0xee6372e11ed3fa17!2m2!1d99.7670682!2d19.9387007!3e0

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

7 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Make your own bread, nice if you have nothing else to do.

Takes all of 1.5 hrs to do.  You can even do it, while trolling AN, as I do.

Mix, set timer ..... troll AN

Deflate, set timer .... troll AN

Take dog for walk while 2 proof

Put in oven ... set timer ... troll AN, or read the comics/MSM

Done ... Enjoy fresh homebaked bread, with or without heart stopping toppings.  Added plus, the house never smelled better.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Done ... Enjoy fresh homebaked bread, with or without heart stopping toppings.  Added plus, the house never smelled better.

It smells good for sure, but i work and haven't got time enough to sleep already.

22 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

Good bread here, the German husband makes various smoked sausage etc as well.

Capture bakery.PNG

Thanks for the map, i used to go to the old shop further along Den Ha road, his wife told me they were looking to move and buy there own place. Will head there after the holiday

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 7:01 PM, KhunLA said:

Agree

@Isan Farang

It really is one of the simplest things to bake.

I use this recipe, (@ 7:20 of vid below) 4 ingredients and you don't need a food processor, although I use a stand mixer.  Just need to knead by hand for about 5-8 minutes

Instead of banquettes, (in vid) I make 1 loaf, using a spring-form pan.  Excellent results.

image.png.31c453ac98ff56ae5bcc1dea20736e61.png

Barring making your own, she seems to cook up some tasty looking wares ... including bread.

https://www.facebook.com/ibreadbyoil/

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/iBread+by+ครูออยล์,+Kaoloi+Road,+Mueang+Chiang+Rai,+เมือง,+Chiang+Rai/Ban+Lom+Jen+Bakery+%26+Homestay,+227+Moo+4,+Ban+Rimkok,+Mae+Yao,+Muang,+Chiang+Rai+57100/@19.9316856,99.7748354,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x30d7070bb6673543:0xc355288b27d882d9!2m2!1d99.834733!2d19.9132875!1m5!1m1!1s0x30d704f5aec15db3:0xee6372e11ed3fa17!2m2!1d99.7670682!2d19.9387007!3e0

Just re-watched the vid myself, and realize/remembered, he proofs overnight, which is not needed.

Once loaf formed for final proof, I set timer for 30 minutes, @ 30 mins, then preheat the oven, as hot as possible 230°C for ours, w/convection fan on, and 10-15 minutes later, then pop it in the oven.   So about a 45min final proof.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2023 at 6:47 PM, KannikaP said:

Make your own! Loads of recipes on You Tube. Ciabotta is soooo easy.

You probably mean Ciabatta, and equally probably you have no idea of what a real Ciabatta is. I have seen several things in bakeries sold under the name Ciabatta in Thailand, and they have no resemblance with the real one.

Like Pizza, Bread is a generic name for a lot of very, very different things. The idea that what you bake at home in a small oven or appliance can be compared to the bread made by a professional baker is ... well, an idea. Not to mention that from finding the ingredients, mixing, baking and cleaning it takes an amount of time that not everybody has. I know because I used to make my own bread years ago.

Moreover, you probably make one loaf at a time and unless you have a very large family it will last you a few days, during which you have to eat the same bread getting older. In my case, I would not finish a loaf in a week and would have to throw away some of it.

Instead, I can go to a good (ok, let's say good for Thailand) bakery every day and buy small amounts of different bread every time.

So, enjoy your own bread, and let the OP go to a bakery.

8 hours ago, arithai12 said:

You probably mean Ciabatta, and equally probably you have no idea of what a real Ciabatta is. I have seen several things in bakeries sold under the name Ciabatta in Thailand, and they have no resemblance with the real one.

Like Pizza, Bread is a generic name for a lot of very, very different things. The idea that what you bake at home in a small oven or appliance can be compared to the bread made by a professional baker is ... well, an idea. Not to mention that from finding the ingredients, mixing, baking and cleaning it takes an amount of time that not everybody has. I know because I used to make my own bread years ago.

Moreover, you probably make one loaf at a time and unless you have a very large family it will last you a few days, during which you have to eat the same bread getting older. In my case, I would not finish a loaf in a week and would have to throw away some of it.

Instead, I can go to a good (ok, let's say good for Thailand) bakery every day and buy small amounts of different bread every time.

So, enjoy your own bread, and let the OP go to a bakery.

I have lived in Italy for many years an so I know EXACTLY what ciabatta bread is, and I do apologise for the slight mis-spelling.

I do source the correct ingredients, although it is really only the flour which makes much difference...water, salt, yeast & olive oil are pretty much the same wherever, and I do have a full sized oven.

It DOES NOT take a vast amount of time as after each stretching you have an hour or so to do something else. How long ago did you quit making your own?

I do NOT have a very large family, as if it is anything to do with you or this post, but traditionally Ciabatta  (small slipper) is made in fairly small loaves, certainly not big enough to last ME a week. 500 gms of flour & 400 ml of water makes enough dough for six large 'burger sized' loaves, one of which is consumed immediately, one the next day and the others clinged and frozen, and can be defrosted in the microwave in one minute.

So you go on enjoying your shopping trips to the bakeries, of which there are NONE where I live, and I shall go on enjoying my Ciabattas, Pizzas, and wholemeal loaves. Cheers.

Edited by KannikaP

On 4/10/2023 at 6:54 PM, KannikaP said:

But flour, water, yeast & salt can be bought anywhere.

May take a few goes to get it right, but then, the world's your loaf.

But he needs an oven ....

regards Worgeordie

• Love It 1

11 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

But he needs an oven ....

regards Worgeordie

Or even an air fryer.   More than a few YT vids showing how to.  Unless OP never cooks anything at home.

According to YT, you can even do bread in a microwave, though I've never tried.

Slow cooker works also.   Again, never attempted.

Edited by Jotnar

On 4/11/2023 at 8:01 AM, KhunLA said:

so let me get this straight......all that lovely bread.....all that trolling ....and you didnt do them at the same time at the end ? 

could you imagine the euphoria of fresh baked bread and trolling at the same time :)

5 hours ago, Jotnar said:

Or even an air fryer.   More than a few YT vids showing how to.  Unless OP never cooks anything at home.

According to YT, you can even do bread in a microwave, though I've never tried.

Slow cooker works also.   Again, never attempted.

I tried baking bread a couple of times, if I had baked enough of them I could

have built a house , they were hard as rocks, pies , cakes , no problem, I have

a full size oven.

regards Worgeordie

Another thread gone to sh**, hijacked by peeps who can't seem to understand that....

On 4/10/2023 at 6:41 PM, Isan Farang said:

Just checking on any other outlets for fresh white bread.

We live about 100km from CR City, so can't help you there.  I can second the Saifon recommendation.  Excellent quality.  For plain white (sourdough or yeast) try the Big C Bakery at the Big C Supercenter at the Northern end of the City.

I however will strongly recommend you give up your quest for bread and seriously look at getting a wheelbarrow.  A very useful suggested addition to this thread.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Making your own bread is best of all ..........

and I have mrs rumak to do just that !     note:  bread was hard at first when using whole wheat in the mixture (along with white) .   Just plain white easiest .    but .........

Now we do mostly 40% wheat 40% rye  20 white flour  .    aroi .

Also sour dough..... but getting the sour dough starter done correctly takes practice !

We just use a small electric oven .  works fine 

even can make bread in the shape of a chicken !!

Electrolux EOT56MXC Tabletop Electric Oven | Shopee Singapore

Edited by rumak
  • Haha 1