Pattaya Police Threaten Harsher Traffic Law Enforcement During Songkran

webfact

33 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

Once again it is a case of Possibly, & May have their leicence removed, IMO Drunken driving should carry an immediate ban of at least one year with no exceptions.....

There is a points system now. How many for DUI?

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya Police came out to warn that they will tighten up enforcement on traffic laws during the Seven Dangerous Days campaign of Songkran festival from April 11th-17th.

More fines but no solutions.. rich pickings for the RTP

• Like 2

Don't be fooled by all this road safety spouting. It's all about lining their pockets and even now there is blatant favouritism and targeting at the many checkpoints.

If you need to get anything done using a motorbike then i suggest going out before about 9:30 am or run the risk of being pulled at one of these stops and fined for anything they can find

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Kenchamp said:

and fined for anything they can find

If you are completely legal then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.. 

By that I mean including having the green book or copies if on a bike as well.

22 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Is it not 4, so you can get caught 3 times.

Yes, I think it is. You’re free to go on your way for the first three, I think, then a year ban, or a load of money more likely. Happy to be corrected. 

20 hours ago, webfact said:

30 police officers set up traffic checkpoints on Pattaya Second Road in North Pattaya at 1 AM this morning, April 11th, to inspect cars and motorcycles and randomly measure blood alcohol levels of drivers.

There really seems like there is little commitment to reduce the Road Deaths due to Drink Driving

30 Police Officers at just 1 checkpoint, and they cannot breathalise every single Driver !!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya Police came out to warn that they will tighten up enforcement on traffic laws during the Seven Dangerous Days campaign of Songkran festival from April 11th-17th.

So the other 360 days of the year don't matter, have you ever considered enforceing the law every day of the year !! - isn't that your ### job

• Thumbs Up 1