Tony's Gym

roger101

Tony has reopened a gym on 3rd Road. Does anyone know if I can use my Lifetime Membership Card which I've had for 15years. I was surprized that I still had it. I thought I threw it away when the original gym shut down.

There was an article/interview about /with Tony ages ago in one of the Thai newspaper, where Tony portrayed himself as being more farang than Thai in many ways after an upbringing in the US. 

I assume you are referring to the gym on 3rd road. Is that really Tony or some new owner, maybe keeping the recognizable name? In Thailand you gotta be careful with anything life time membership, unless you anticipate your life ending in the near future. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mr336 said:

According to my Thai lady friend, Tony is no longer with us. Simple story is he crossed the wrong people.

wasn't that like  15 years ago or thereabouts ?  My memory is not what it was

Tony was/is definitely a real person.

I joined his Gym with lifetime membership for B9000 discounted. Was great. Special aerobics classes 3 times a week and also aqua classes. Got my moneys worth I think.

Saw Tony live once after part of his 3rd Rd gym lost its roof and he was helping with structural damage removal.

On 4/14/2023 at 6:47 AM, redwood1 said:

Tony said a lifetime membership is for forever.........Tony cant go back on his word.....That would mean Tony  is a con-man who only wanted peopls money....

Thai people would never con falang...

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 4:25 PM, carlyai said:

Tony was/is definitely a real person.

I joined his Gym with lifetime membership for B9000 discounted. Was great. Special aerobics classes 3 times a week and also aqua classes. Got my moneys worth I think.

Saw Tony live once after part of his 3rd Rd gym lost its roof and he was helping with structural damage removal.

Actually my ex wife worked for him as a secretary briefly.She got the job because her English was good as a result of me sending her to language classes.

• Like 1