Beware of passport scam targeting British nationals in Thailand warns UK Foreign Office

snoop1130

43 minutes ago, Thailand said:

UK-renewpassport.net

No website and domain name not even registered.

The OP said "such as", not that it existed. I seem to think that a "-" cannot be used, needs to be underscore.

"fake websites such as UK-renewpassport.net"

12 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

What a Bargain Only 5,500 baht for a UK PP including couriers. 

OZ is 11,000 and you HAVE to go to Bangkok.

Sheesh, a 10 year, 34 page Canadian passport is only about 3,100 baht ($120 Cdn) and you have to go to Bangkok as well. Did my last one in 2020. Dropped off the paperwork and spoke to the Thai woman at the Embassy (because Canada doesn't like using Canadians to decide who should get Canadian passports or Visas) and then went back 10 days later to collect my shiny new passport (and then back to Jomtien to get all my stamps transferred of course).

39 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Sheesh, a 10 year, 34 page Canadian passport is only about 3,100 baht ($120 Cdn) and you have to go to Bangkok as well. Did my last one in 2020. Dropped off the paperwork and spoke to the Thai woman at the Embassy (because Canada doesn't like using Canadians to decide who should get Canadian passports or Visas) and then went back 10 days later to collect my shiny new passport (and then back to Jomtien to get all my stamps transferred of course).

Imagine the extra cost for me to drive, a 7hr drive to BKK from Koh Chang, overnight stay, and the old legs a bit dodgy, and they will only send it back via EMS if they cancel your current PP. lucky for me I didn't need to travel in that 2month wait. That will be fun NOT, in ten years when i'll be 82 if i live that long. watch this space for old man on overstay no PP. :cheesy:

• Haha 1

It would be useful and good reporting if the author of this story also published the name, address, phone number and email address of all the 'Authorised' passport renewal centres or directed the reader to an official web page where these centres are recorded

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Imagine the extra cost for me to drive, a 7hr drive to BKK from Koh Chang, overnight stay, and the old legs a bit dodgy, and they will only send it back via EMS if they cancel your current PP. lucky for me I didn't need to travel in that 2month wait. That will be fun NOT, in ten years when i'll be 82 if i live that long. watch this space for old man on overstay no PP. :cheesy:

Yep, I Knew a Guy ( German ) That Didn't have a Passport let alone a Visa,Lived in The ( Back Of Beyond ) Somewhere in Isaan.....for Over 25 Years, He was also Broke,Skint, Call it what you like But he Never got Captured & Ended up DYING.......

Edited by Nong Khai Man
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nchuckle said:

It always amuses me how some think that on line scammers are sitting at a computer in the same country where the scam is targeted ,undisguised and just waiting for the police to swoop.

it also amuses me at the sheer ignorance and underatanding of what people are reading

care to explain what you think is going on here that only you are getting

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Yep, I Knew a Guy ( German ) That Didn't have a Passport let alone a Visa,Lived in The ( Back Of Beyond ) Somewhere in Isaan.....for Over 25 Years, He was also Broke,Skint, Call it what you like But he Never got Captured & Ended up DYING.......

We all do. 

6 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

UK-renewpassport.net really. For every scam you need a dumb customer and anyone dumb enough to use that URL shouldn't really have a passport. My country like my US cousins is a falling nation. Glad I got out. Love my adopted home. Thank you Thailand 

When you say "thank you Thailand", who exactly are you thanking? Is it the soldiers who have been running the country for the last nine years, or the Thai people themselves?

If the former, then I don't understand your mindset at all, if you mean the Thai people themselves, then you have it spot on.

IMO although most of the Thai people are not the brightest, you won't find a country with more honest, decent, helpful people than the Thai's.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nchuckle said:

It always amuses me how some think that on line scammers are sitting at a computer in the same country where the scam is targeted ,undisguised and just waiting for the police to swoop.

I would lay evens favourites it's our Indian cousin's