Climate-sceptic accounts surge after Elon Musk’s Twitter takeover

onthedarkside

image.png.f54da27bb6e265219b57c7fdbc9ff7ac.png

UN officials warned of an “alarming flood” of misinformation on Twitter after the use of hashtags including #climatescam soared during the Cop27 climate conference last year, shortly after Musk’s takeover.

Anecdotally, climate scientists have reported a significant increase in climate denial tweets.

An analysis revealed that 50 prominent accounts had benefited hugely from the new ownership, gaining 718 followers a week on average since Musk’s takeover. 

READ MORE

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/twitter-elon-musk-climate-change-denial-bclrx7nv9

image.png.56191370aa9f839126eb46f459c3e153.png

Archive link

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Twitter is a septic tank since musk bought it.

Interesting that "The Twitter Files", initially hyped as "the story of the decade", ended with Mom and Day getting a divorce. About the only productive thing to come out of that hot-mess was reliving Chrissy Tiegen's post about trump, and the GOVERNMENT (aka the trump administration) demanding that her post be removed because it upset trump.

Twitter targets its rival Substack, forcing well-known journalists to choose
Matt Taibbi, whom Elon Musk solicited to write the ‘Twitter Files,’ says he’ll start using Substack’s new Twitter clone

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2023/04/07/twitter-substack-taibbi-musk-split/

Sir:

Love your total ad hominum approach.

Impressive.

Edited by papa al
  • Haha 1

Just now, placeholder said:

That's because when it comes down to the actual science, JonnyF and fellow travelers have got nothing.

There was me thinking it was that special kind of attention some men reserve for intelligent, articulate women who have the temerity to express their opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What is so hard to understand about the fact that the atmosphere frequently purges itself of water vapor when a saturation point is reached? This phenomenon is known as precipitation. Have you heard of rain, sleet, snow, and hail? And when the day comes that it starts to precipitate dry ice because the atmosphere is saturated with CO2,  you'll have a point. Until then, not so much.

Wow.

Thanks for clarifying.

• Like 1

Just now, papa al said:

Congratulations.

You are great at parroting MSM.

Thumbs up !!

So disappointing. I was convinced that you had accepted the value of scientific research and thinking. At the very least I had hoped for a rational response to what I posted instead of nonsense invoking the MSM. I wasn't aware that the MSM consisted in part of scientifically based research. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It depends on the trustworthiness of the bank.

A bank offering 10% but about to go bust, won't get many customers.

I have my money in a UK bank earning 0.5%

But I could have placed in a Viet or Cambodian bank earning 10%

Just like your leaders preaching top fossil fuels while flying around in private jets.

These people can't be trusted.

Which is why I wrote the phrase that's now in boldface:

If one bank offers you interest at 1 percent and another at 10 percent, then on the basis of that alone, would you claim it doesn't matter since both interest rates are positive?

Because I figured that someone would attempt a deflection such as the one you just made. And deflection is necessary because the point is so obvious, there isn't a rational rejoinder.

And once again, what does the behavior of VIPs taking flights have to do with the science? The fact that 99.99% of climatological research that addresses Anthropogenic Climate Change supports its existence.

• Like 1