Applying For Non-O Visa

I would recommend that you or a moderator would change the TITLE of your Post, as it does not mention the Imm Office where you would apply, nor the reason for the Non Imm O Visa application.  A suggested title could read:

Applying at CW for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of ... [retirement / marriage / dependant children / other]

Also mentioning your age and nationality would be helpful.

9 minutes ago, allane said:

1. Bangkok, as stated in my OP

2. Retirement

3. 66

4. Canadian

there is a good list here
https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

you're going to need a bank account, in your own name, to complete the requirements

Edited by expat_4_life
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, expat_4_life said:

you're going to need a bank account, in your own name, to complete the requirements

Money having been sent from abroad is the point and remaining 15 days before end of current permission to stay.

• Like 1

OP, do you have a Thai bank account in your name only.

Are you planning on using money in bank method. 

Are you planning on obtaining subsequent extension.

Thinking you may require a 30 day extension to your visa exempt entry to buy some time. 

The extension would be obtained at Laksi immigration IT mall. 

Some threads 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1285917-exempt-visa-entry-to-non-o-retirement-1-extension/

https://aseannow.com/topic/1282251-visa-exempt-to-non-o-retirement-dates/ 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1289175-non-o-based-on-retirement-conversion-to/

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

I'm the OP. Sifting through all of this verbiage is not easy, especially when there are contradictions.

I think I can meet all the requirement, with the possibile exception of proving that my B 800,000 came from abroad.

Background:  I had been on Exxtensions of Stay - Retirement for 11 yrs., but recently was unable to renew due to a lost bankbook on a closed bank account.  Previously, I had no need to prove that my annual "top-up" of my bank account was done by funds transferred from abroad. I did these electronically, and have no printed statements from my Canadian bank. Because of the lost bankbook, I have no written proof from my Thai bank either.

What option(s) do I have, other than going to Immigration, pleading my case, and hoping for the best ?

18 minutes ago, allane said:

Previously, I had no need to prove that my annual "top-up" of my bank account was done by funds transferred from abroad.

Proof funds came from abroad is only required for non O application. 

Not required for extensions.

In Bangkok will not be able to open bank account with a visa exempt status..

You could use an agent for the bank account.

When bank account is set up you can transfer 800k into the about from Canada using eg WISE..

As I mentioned earlier almost certainly you will require a 30 day extension to buy time from Laksi immigration. 

You stated.....

"I'm the OP. Sifting through all of this verbiage is not easy, especially when there are contradictions"....

That's a bit rich. 

Contradictions in threads are in the main corrected by others. 

You also mention that you at some point did extensions for some 11 years.

Non O retirement and subsequent extensions is very simple process.

Don't waste time going to immigration  "pleading my case" 

Edited by DrJack54

In summary > You entered Thailand Visa exempt and want to apply at CW (Bangkok) for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement.

In order to do this you would need at least 15 days left on the remaining days of the Permit to stay you received on your VisaExempt entry.  In case you do not have sufficient time you can apply for a one-time 30-day extension of stay (1.900 THB), and the 30 days will be added to the expiry date of your current Permit to stay. 

Your state that you will be able to meet all requirements but that the main issue is that you cannot provide evidence that the 800.000K originated from abroad.

Note that when you can show that the 800K has already long time been seasoned on your personal Thai bank-account, there will be no need anymore to prove that it originated from abroad (years ago).  

When you do not have the Thai bank-book(s) showing that you kept the required funds already for a long time, you could ask your Thai Bank to provide you with a 12-month Bank Transactions statement, which might also be acceptable for Immigration.  You would need to go to your Thai Bank anyway, as you would need a Bank-Account statement issued on the day of your application that shows that you are the owner of the Bank-account as well as the balance that it shows (which needs to be +800K). 

Edited by Red Phoenix
  • Like 1

One more try:  

I already have a bank account, in my name only. I have B 800,000, proveable on deposit from Sept. 2022,of which B 400,000 is proveable from June 2022.

I am with Bangkok Bank.  Does anyone know if their branches are capable of producing 12 month statements on the spot, or is this something that needs to come from elsewhere ?

Edited by allane
X

1 minute ago, ian carman said:

DR jack 
Is it possible to transfer the money back into your ,if still have,bank in Canada then transfer back into Thai bank

Yes, I've considered that option.  Now that I am here on a Tourist Exempt entry, I don't know if my bank will allow me to transfer, say B 400,000 out.  (I have about B 400,000 on deposit in my Canadian acct., so should not have to transfer B 800,000 back to Canada.)

2 minutes ago, allane said:

One more try:  

I already have a bank account, in my name only. I have B 800,000, provable on deposit from Sept. 2022,of which B 400,000 is proveable from June 2022.

I am with Bangkok Bank.  Does anyone know if their branches are capable of producing 12 month statements on the spot, or is this something that needs to come from elsewhere.

No Bangkok Bank branch can provide 12-month statements on the spot. They all require a week or so to obtain these from HQ.

Sufficiently clear for your purposes, is it?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, allane said:

I'm the OP. Sifting through all of this verbiage is not easy, especially when there are contradictions.

I think I can meet all the requirement, with the possibile exception of proving that my B 800,000 came from abroad.

Background:  I had been on Exxtensions of Stay - Retirement for 11 yrs., but recently was unable to renew due to a lost bankbook on a closed bank account.  Previously, I had no need to prove that my annual "top-up" of my bank account was done by funds transferred from abroad. I did these electronically, and have no printed statements from my Canadian bank. Because of the lost bankbook, I have no written proof from my Thai bank either.

What option(s) do I have, other than going to Immigration, pleading my case, and hoping for the best ?

As a Canadian you are able to get a notarized letter from the embassy in Bangkok confirming a pension income of 65,000 baht. No need to season money in the bank.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ian carman said:

DR jack 
Is it possible to transfer the money back into your ,if still have,bank in Canada then transfer back into Thai bank

Transferring funds out of Thailand is not straight forward.

Not possible using WISE for example.

DEE money is company that many use and  has office in Sukhumvit Rd Near Asoke BTS. 

You will receive better advice from the Banking and Finance forum

Recently (one month ago) I purchased a condo from a UK chap and gave him cash.

No longer lives in Thailand however has a Thai bank account.

Anyway he had to provide proof of sale of his condo. 

The OP could use income method as he is Canadian. 

Edit: note for others regarding using money in the bank method.

If obtaining non O retirement outside of Thailand then no requirement to show funds came from abroad. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Kilick said:

As a Canadian you are able to get a notarized letter from the embassy in Bangkok confirming a pension income of 65,000 baht. No need to season money in the bank.

That might be possibility, if my pension income was that high.  It isn't !

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, allane said:

One more try:  

I already have a bank account, in my name only. I have B 800,000, proveable on deposit from Sept. 2022,of which B 400,000 is proveable from June 2022.

I am with Bangkok Bank.  Does anyone know if their branches are capable of producing 12 month statements on the spot, or is this something that needs to come from elsewhere ?

For the Non O visa application, you do not need a 12-month statement. You also do not need it for the first extension.

If you can show that the money has been in your account for several months (and it seems you can) Chaengwattana immigration will waive the requirement of proof that the money came from abroad.

EDIT: Bangkok Bank branches can provide statements for up to the last six months on the spot. A 12-month statement takes up to five working days.

Edited by BritTim
  • Thumbs Up 1

i was not asked for 'proof of funds from abroad' when i applied for a Non O at CW (from visa exempt entry).  i had been on extension (retirement) but was out of country for a year so couldn't renew.  i had the bank account from before, used money in the bank method.  i kept paying rent on my apartment while i was gone so it was also not an issue to produce the last three months of rental receipts.  i did this in august of 2021 so it was before they started asking for 12 month bank statements.  i only got the usual bank letter.

23 hours ago, allane said:

I converted to a non O at Cw from visa exempt entry. I previously had extensions of stay before I came back to Thailand visa exempt.

CW did not require proof that my 800 K came from abroad.  Probably because my bank account has been open for over a year. You should not have a problem at CW. Take care