NON -RE Visa

Just looked in my Passport (UK) and it says Non- RE on my extension.

It was Non-B in 2010, then changed to Non RE when I got it transfered to a new passport. 

Any suggestions please.

I renew my Retirement Extension every year with no problems, just that I never heard of Non RE.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Just looked in my Passport (UK) and it says Non- RE on my extension.

It was Non-B in 2010, then changed to Non RE when I got it transfered to a new passport. 

Any suggestions please.

While NON-RE is usually a notation used on an entry stamp when re-entering with a re-entry permit for any non-immigrant permission to stay, in your case, it might just be intended to denote that the reason for your most recent extension of your permission to stay was retirement. Unclear.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Folk with ED Non O have same reentry stamp. 

RE does not reference retirement. 

Generally true, but it is unusual to annotate an extension stamp with Non-RE. As I wrote above, it is not really clear. Maybe, the official accidentally wrote Non-RE on the extension stamp rather than the entry stamp.

5 hours ago, BritTim said:

Generally true, but it is unusual to annotate an extension stamp with Non-RE. As I wrote above, it is not really clear. Maybe, the official accidentally wrote Non-RE on the extension stamp rather than the entry stamp.

The OP got it wrong. He wrote "It was Non-B in 2010, then changed to Non RE when I got it transfered to a new passport. "

It is not the extension stamp that got transferred from the old passport to the new one. It was the arrival stamp put in the passport when he entered with a re-entry permit.

See the examples posted by Dr Jack54. NON-RE is not really correct; it should be just RE, as I have seen it on other arrival stamps of this type, unless immigration changed the practice.

This is one of those cases where it would have been useful if the OP had posted a photo of the stamp in question but I realise that doing so is not always easy.

Of course we cannot exclude the possibility that the latest arrival stamp in the old passport showed Non-B and this was corrected to NON-RE when it was copied over to the new passport.

More likely, though, since the OP wrote that it was Non-B in 2010, that arrival stamp was from the original arrival with a non-B visa 13 years ago, not the arrival stamp from his latest arrival in Thailand

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Maestro said:

See the examples posted by Dr Jack54. NON-RE is not really correct; it should be just RE, as I have seen it on other arrival stamps of this type, unless immigration changed the practice.

I have had "Non-RE" written on all entry stamps, air and land, since they changed the shape of the stamp, other than last Aug when I came back on a new visa and that is just marked "Non-O" with "E-Visa" written below the stamp.

When the stamp was rectangular it was usually "Non-O", but sometimes followed by an "M".

11 hours ago, Maestro said:

More likely, though, since the OP wrote that it was Non-B in 2010, that arrival stamp was from the original arrival with a non-B visa 13 years ago, not the arrival stamp from his latest arrival in Thailand

Looks like you a right, thanks. So now I do not have an actual VISA in my passport.

image.jpeg

Thank you, KannikaP.

I now looked at the stamps in my album and see that I remembered it wrongly, that in fact immigration wrote NON-RE as visa class in the arrival stamp for an arrival with a re-entry permit based on a retirement extension alreay in the era of the rectangular arrival stamps.