Turkish man assaults Pattaya restaurant worker, leaving him in a coma

webfact

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

They have the right, Don't go!

Don't go where?  Outside?

I disagree.  People should be able to choose whether they get plashed with water or not.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Can't be simpler than that, even for the mentally challenged.

I realise that this is the perspective you view things from, but you have to be aware that the people you communicate with may see things in a slightly more nuance way.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

But you must realise that you aren't the only person in the world, right?  Other people exists and have different experiences.

Just because you happened to only experience a light spray of water, doesn't mean that is everyone's experience.

What I mean is, someone saying "I don't like Songkran" because when they went out they got a bucket of water thrown over them and they then had to go home and change, is very different from you saying "I actually don't mind it, you should try it, you might have fun" after being lightly sprayed by water.

Try to realise that your experience of the world (or Songkran) is not necessarily the same as other people's.

Erm… it’s Songkran/Wan Lai…. Be prepared. I had a special case for my phone and quick drying clothes. 
Too bad you had a miserable time. You only have yourself to blame. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NextG said:

I live in harmony with nature and the people around me.

You clearly don't, as is demonstrated by your attitude.

You pretend to live in harmony with Thais, then you lie and insult others when faced with anything negative about them.

1 minute ago, NextG said:

If you can’t beat them; join them ????

Or stay indoors then moan about it online, as many Thais do!

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Still have the religious festival.  Still have organised water fights.  Stop the people in random places throwing water at people just going about their day who don't want to be soaked.

Plenty of Thai people don't like the last part, they're just a lot more quiet about it than foreigners are.

There's probably a couple of Brazilians who don't like Mardi Gras either. Can those beautiful ladies please cover their naughty bits.

Edited by giddyup
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

Who cannot accept that?

You.  You're claiming that Songkran is good based on your personal experience of it and ignoring the fact that other people have completely different experiences to you.

It’s just that no one wants to imitate your apparently miserable stance.

It has nothing to do with being miserable.  It's about ignoring the truth because you don't like it.

It doesn’t mean we don’t accept that people like yourself exist. We accept that you exist; but we are not you. 

What does this even mean?  I'm saying that not everyone gets a light spray of water during Songkran, some get a bucket of water over them.

This has nothing to do with you not being me.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BangkokReady said:

You.  You're claiming that Songkran is good based on your personal experience of it and ignoring the fact that other people have completely different experiences to you.

It has nothing to do with being miserable.  It's about ignoring the truth because you don't like it.

What does this even mean?  I'm saying that not everyone gets a light spray of water during Songkran, some get a bucket of water over them.

This has nothing to do with you not being me.

I’m suggesting that you sound like a misery and that I don’t really want to engage with you. It’s obvious that you aren’t really getting that, but I’m trying to be polite about it. 
You can use the same analogy for Songkran. Not everyone can detect the subtle signals that someone doesn’t want to play and you can get splashed. Such is life. Adapt or die. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, NextG said:

Most people DID NOT splash me. The few who did so, carried it out in a considered way. A spray like rain, aiming for the torso instead of the head… I respect that behaviour and appreciated their consideration. 
Next time, join in. Have fun and lighten your load for a while. 

Been there, done that, got the (wet) t-shirt.

But personally somewhere between my eight and ninth Songkran, I found it fun trying to avoid the whole thing. It's their culture and their new year and it's special for them.

For me? not so much anymore so this grumpy farang leaves them to it completely by going somewhere else. I have never been to Korea before either.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NextG said:

Attitude towards whom? You? ☺️

People who share different experiences of life to you.  By being negative, refusing to accept the possibility of them experiencing life differently to you, by needing to pretend other people are a particular way in order to not have to listen to what they say, is evidence of a negative attitude.

You think that I’m not living in harmony with you because I don’t share in your misery? I totally accept that you are miserable.

You have no idea whether I am miserable or not.  The fact that you feel the need to label me as miserable, that you need to pretend that I am miserable, in order to engage with what I am saying, shows that you do not live a life of harmony.

The best way to deal with such a situation is to avoid the miserable person if you cannot cheer them up. 

A better way, is to accept the fact that you might be wrong.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

During Songkran you have a very big chance to get doused when you go

outside,most people accept it and plan accordingly.

Good or bad,Songkran is like a three day long rain.

We know that and we do not go out to play water but i used to and it was fun.

Don't complain it is part of living here and it will remain so for awhile i would think.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Been there, done that, got the (wet) t-shirt.

But personally somewhere between my eight and ninth Songkran, I found it fun trying to avoid the whole thing. It's their culture and their new year and it's special for them.

For me? not so much anymore so this grumpy farang leaves them to it completely by going somewhere else. I have never been to Korea before either.

Nothing wrong with that. Do as you please.