Turkish man assaults Pattaya restaurant worker, leaving him in a coma

webfact

Everybody who is in Thailand during Songkran knows what the holiday is all about. This hooligan was itching for a fight, and the last thing this poor local guy expected was to be assaulted. Perhaps they can come up with a customized punishment for him. 20 years in a Thai prison, at his families expense, and let it be know that he assaulted an innocent civilian for no reason. He will likely be quite popular, and get the kind of treatment he richly deserves. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bendejo said:

Best thing that he can hope for at this point is they put him in the immigration jail.  If they put him in with Thais they'll kill him.

No. No, the Thai's won't kill him.

Try to curb your enthusiasm.

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Everybody who is in Thailand during Songkran knows what the holiday is all about. This hooligan was itching for a fight, and the last thing this poor local guy expected was to be assaulted. Perhaps they can come up with a customized punishment for him. 20 years in a Thai prison, at his families expense, and let it be know that he assaulted an innocent civilian for no reason. He will likely be quite popular, and get the kind of treatment he richly deserves. 

Agreed on a harsh punishment (personally, I'm a fan of corporal punishment in a public place), but why punish his family? For all we know, they disowned him years ago because he perhaps has refused to exercise self-control and has maybe even assaulted members of his own family.

19 hours ago, ezzra said:

Turkish people are known to be hot headed type that resolves issues with their fists first, and that buffoon should have seen and know what is going on with the Songkran festivities and tradition he should have stayed at his hotel and not come out, now this idiot will pay dearly for his action in terms of compensation and jail time.

lol confusing Turks with Brits maybe? lol

• Like 1

im kinda surprised about the comments.. most of them are like 'turks'... blah blah... i was wondering if you see news more about turks or brits or other nations? tbh im here in thailand for 17 years and most of the news im hearing is about brits.. also.. i know that sometimes labor office asks additional documents from brits that they are not criminals... 

i think its not being a turk or else.. its being a stupid person 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, tandor said:

he went into the water fights willingly..can't cry he didn't know water would be thrown at him

I can't speak for him nor get into his head. I recall one year, attending Songkran, it got to the point of it all seriously irritating me, and I was getting angry. So I went home....

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Still have the religious festival.  Still have organised water fights.  Stop the people in random places throwing water at people just going about their day who don't want to be soaked.

Plenty of Thai people don't like the last part, they're just a lot more quiet about it than foreigners are.

You have answered your own question. The Thais that don't like it, except it, unconditionally.

Unsurprisingly it is mainly the older generation but they will still drink and be merry, just in a setting where they will not be splashed 

9 minutes ago, Dene16 said:

You have answered your own question. The Thais that don't like it, except it, unconditionally.

Unsurprisingly it is mainly the older generation but they will still drink and be merry, just in a setting where they will not be splashed 

I don't expect the Thai youth would throw a large bucket of iced water into the face of a elderly Thai (Yai) walking with a stick..... an elderly falang likely not be given the same deference. 

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Of course it's easier to do nothing but if they wanted to stop those types getting in then they could work something out. Any reason you're against it?

"Something must be done" appears to be extent of your suggestion. I’m against anything that’s unworkable in practice ,as I already outlined. What are your plans for vetting tens of millions of arrivals?

I can’t imagine this fellow was too dim to see what was happening around him. Did they check his alcohol level?

There are going to be a few bad actors in every crowd, regardless of nationality, etc.

My wishes are for good recovery on the part of the victim. If possible his assailant should certainly be held financially responsible.

6 hours ago, Sig said:

Agreed on a harsh punishment (personally, I'm a fan of corporal punishment in a public place), but why punish his family? For all we know, they disowned him years ago because he perhaps has refused to exercise self-control and has maybe even assaulted members of his own family.

Shouldn't parents who raise monsters bear some responsibility? I often wonder if someone capable of his behavior could come from good parents or be raised in a healthy environment? I seriously doubt it. 

17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, you should not; hugging strangers is not an accepted Songkran tradition and to do it sure is not up to you.

Who said it was an “accepted Songkran tradition” ?????

Is most of what goes on in Pattaya during that time an “accepted Songkran tradition”?
It can happen to the people who are approachable and it’s taken in good spirit, as long as you aren’t some pervert.  We don’t all have the same experience. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, BestB said:

My post is about Pattaya and in Pattaya you can not avoid it if walking or travelling on a bike.

Regarding dogs, problem each year not when we in the park, but getting to the park, no way to avoid it or bypass it, no backstreets, 

Bangkok plays 3 days, Pattaya plays 7 days

Of course  cause of death is not water, however when they playing water they are drinking and after playing driving home, additionally this year there were a few fights and other incidents 

Not quite right. I used my bike and for the most part avoided getting splashed. The most wet that I got was one young girl shooting me in the side with a water gun. The rest was just general sprinkling that dried in a minute. Not even once was I drenched. That’s over the whole week. But I avoided the slum areas..

10 minutes ago, NextG said:
17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, you should not; hugging strangers is not an accepted Songkran tradition and to do it sure is not up to you.

Who said it was an “accepted Songkran tradition”

You did!   You posted that "you can hug them"...

"You can gently touch people’s faces whilst smearing them with paste, hug them. It’s up to you, as long as it’s done with a good heart".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You did!   You posted that "you can hug them"...

"You can gently touch people’s faces whilst smearing them with paste, hug them. It’s up to you, as long as it’s done with a good heart".

You can ???? It’s you who used the phrase “accepted Songkran tradition”. It doesn’t have to be an “accepted Songkran tradition” for it to happen. But it does happen. Even “accepted” water play can get nasty. 

• Haha 1