Difficult to find bars in Pattaya?

CanadaSam

5 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

Metro Bar? Soi LK Metro but no live music and possibly another one somewhere along there.

Hops - soi 13(2?) - sit at the bar if you can find a seat and has live singing.........and decent food

I think the Stones House on Walking Street if still enclosed has A/C and live music but you may not be able to hear yourself think......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mayfairs on Soi Bukhaow.....cheap beers (60/70 baht but one get one half price before 8pm) airconditioned inside and live band from 8pm onwards.....situated between LK Metro and soi Honey ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, petermik said:

Mayfairs on Soi Bukhaow.....cheap beers (60/70 baht but one get one half price before 8pm) airconditioned inside and live band from 8pm onwards.....situated between LK Metro and soi Honey ????

Ticks for cheap beers and live band but would not consider it an aircon bar. Yes they have aircon but I never felt it as it's a bar open to the street...60 baht beer was pretty good though ???? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So what, we empty out all the countries in the tropics and Middle East and mover the people to Scotland? I use aircon to sleep well at night . You are trolling for arguments surely. 

3 hours ago, PJ71 said:

You're either:

1. Upset that to run A/C is unaffordable to you OR

2. Happy to sit in your home sweating your balls off.

I've worked in many hotter countries than Thailand and the locals that have experienced this heat still require A/C, to suggest that people who move here from colder climates require only a fan is stupid.

Do you eat with your hands or use cutlery?

I use fans by choice.

Go buy a high velocity fan or two, oscillate them on the bed at night. Windows open. Do you still care if the a/c is on?

Maybe you can adjust your thinking also and feel you deserve a/c for some reason, and that’s why you want ti??

IMG_0175.thumb.jpeg.47cf459df434da6605eed7690f02250f.jpeg

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

On 4/24/2023 at 8:35 PM, Pattaya57 said:

Ticks for cheap beers and live band but would not consider it an aircon bar. Yes they have aircon but I never felt it as it's a bar open to the street...60 baht beer was pretty good though ???? 

Sit inside near the stage....it will freeze your rocks off

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/24/2023 at 4:40 AM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

he aint wrong--I miss the asian elvis at the food court/ beer garden at KSK in CM...just do NOT step on his blue suede shoes!..kop khun krup

Just to weigh in on the important topic of Thai Elvis's, does anyone remember the guy in an upstairs nightclub next to Foodland on soi 7 off Suk who would be Elvis one night then Tom Jones the next? I'm thinking early aughts.

The Asia Hotel still has an Elvis show most Saturday nights. Mostly attended by the Elvis's relatives. He has a lot of non-Elvis material like If I Had A Hammer in his short set.

True: The plural of Elvis is Elvi. Google it.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JimTripper said:

If you need aircon and fans are not good enough Thailand is not for you. Your in the wrong country.

Meh. I struggle with the heat even though I've been here now for 18 months as a retiree. When it all gets a bit too much I'll seek refuge in the nearest aircon venue before sucking up the big ones and heading back out into the sauna. No shortage of A/C venues in Bangers and Patts so it's all good.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Just to weigh in on the important topic of Thai Elvis's, does anyone remember the guy in an upstairs nightclub next to Foodland on soi 7 off Suk who would be Elvis one night then Tom Jones the next? I'm thinking early aughts.

The Asia Hotel still has an Elvis show most Saturday nights. Mostly attended by the Elvis's relatives. He has a lot of non-Elvis material like If I Had A Hammer in his short set.

True: The plural of Elvis is Elvi. Google it.

I was dragged to an Elvi show in Jomtien at Xmas, never again. A drag show would have been more entertaining. "At first I was afraid, I was petrified" ????

• Haha 1

My last decade was in Appalachia. They describe Elvis's cornball rendition of  The American Trilogy as The American Tri-ology. He sings "I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray, Hooray". When will they cancel this?

In Laos, they only have Ballard-Elvis. It's a communist dictate. The Tom Jones/Elvis thing was genius because Tom Jones copied Elvis and then in late-career, Elvis copied Tom Jones back. I talked to the guy about it.

My brother married a stripper in Vegas at an Elvis wedding chapel. He had to promise that he would be Don't Be Cruel and never take her to The Heartbreak Hotel.

• Haha 1