Thinking of a 2nd or 3rd marriage? Think again

bignok

On 4/30/2023 at 11:24 AM, Celsius said:

I'm on my 3rd maiage and it gets better every time. I'm 49 years old and I hope to have another 3 before I croak

A very good older friend of mine, now passed, always used to joke that he was "married 3 times and each time cost him a house". He died aged 67 in a single rented room in a west london property. Married once was plenty enough for me despite being with a lovely lady now for last 3 years.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sidjameson said:

What age do you think the tail ceases to wag when the guy enters the room? 

Asking for a friend ????

In the Appalachian region from which I came, Three old widows in my town are on old stud rotation.

He's 75, and ploughs driveways. The jokes practically write themselves.

On 4/30/2023 at 6:00 PM, save the frogs said:

We're on the same page so far so good.

But what should we replace it with? 

Go to Amphur office, it's free and legal, and you'll need a

KOR 2, every year to get an extension if on marriage visa/extension. No need for any big parties there only for face.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Not outdated but destroyed by laws that give the woman the man's home, children and pension. 

Very true in UK that's why none of my sons want get married in uk. 

From what I have witnessed it has worked out OK in Thailand with divorce.

The thing is I guess you always get your nutters. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not outdated but destroyed by laws that give the woman the man's home, children and pension. 

but in the past it was the opposite. 

women got screwed and left with nothing.

so maybe the laws need to be fair to both parties. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not completely true.

When I divorced in the UK, my ex-wife got the house which didn't matter as I was working offshore and found my own places to live.

Our son was 20 and working.

And I kept my pensions.

YMMV

Edited by billd766

I've been married twice, both pretty successful.

The first one failed pretty much that i was traveling for work so much i was never at home and we just drifted apart, but 20 years wasn't bad, and we're still best friends, talk many times a week.

My Thai wife, we've been together another 20 years, although the only reason we got married a fews back was to get her a green card.

But overall I think I've been pretty lucky in love as the saying goes, no complaints

12 hours ago, save the frogs said:

but in the past it was the opposite. 

women got screwed and left with nothing.

so maybe the laws need to be fair to both parties. 

Best to avoid situations where the legal outcome is unfair.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Best to avoid situations where the legal outcome is unfair.

Or choose wisely.  First 2 marriages, USA, were a bit irrelevant, financially, as poor with no real equity, or kids.  First Thai was a roll of dice, but nothing invested that I couldn't walk away from, luckily, didn't have to with a little paperwork.

Present wife, waited 8 yrs, before legally binding, as more invested, and actually built more equity with her, since available to invest in land in her name.  17 yrs (9 married) and no regrets here, all 'bliss' and not 'ignorant bliss' like the first few months of #1 Thai wife ????

On Topic, as always ... really enjoyed my single time, both in USA & TH.  Always a few years in between marriages.

Hindsight ... would never get married again, here or USA, if in my 20s.  Though #4 has worked out great, so no regrets.  First 3, I would have, should have avoided.

Edited by KhunLA

Just now, KhunLA said:

Or choose wisely.

There is no wise choice to be made.

People can change completely in very short spaces of time. 

Best not to base your future on the grace and favour of another person.

I'm buying a house for my woman, costs me 10kbht/month, about the same as I would spend in rent.

By the time I'm 90, the house will be hers, no hard feelings from me if she wants me out before or after that time.

No further legal obligation to her on my part.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

so what do you recommend? western guys should stay single until they can retire in southeast asia?

I would recommend never allowing a solo homeless woman into your western home at any time.

If she has her own home still no solo entry unless all areas covered with full video and audio surveillance.

Of which you should inform her before her entry.

You always need a witness (her friends don't count as a witness).

This advice also applies to department store dressing rooms.

NEVER be alone with a woman in the west!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

so what do you recommend? western guys should stay single until they can retire in southeast asia?

Whilst still young find a hot Thai girl who has a good job, fluent English and bring her back to farangland, no point wasting time with fat farang women

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, save the frogs said:

but they're not all fat and ugly.

and actually i miss dating a farang woman. been too long. 

they aren't all fat and ugly of course but the pool of attractive girls is small and you'll have to compete with guys who maybe better looking, more money and all round better proposition 

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

they aren't all fat and ugly of course but the pool of attractive girls is small and you'll have to compete with guys who maybe better looking, more money and all round better proposition 

yeah, the all-important pool size.

forgot about that. lol