Naked Brit smashes beer bottle over elderly Australian tourist’s head in Pattaya

webfact

Yes, the owner(s) of the TQ made a big deal crying about how they were going to have to close forever. I noted at the time that it was doubtful they'd be closed for long (after the covid restrictions were lifted) and gee, what a surprise, they did open again. Shocker.

And the most amazing thing, so far, is that this thread had gone for 5 pages and for maybe the only time in TV/AseanNow history, there hasn't been 5 pages of people defending this guy's actions or trying to blame them on someone else or claiming he was "set up".

You can bet that the guy was soused, stripped off his clothes thinking "he's a tourist and can get away with it because big bwana is keeping bars like this open" and then someone made a comment about how little charles must be in hiding or something.

Drunk Brits. Drunk Americans. Drunk Indians/Arabs/Australians/Norwegians/etc, etc. It's not limited to any one nationality.

And you can bet, if they are a <deleted> back home, they'll be an even bigger <deleted> here. For some reason a lot of people seem to think they can get away with things when they are overseas that they know they'd get busted for "back home".

But that often goes back to the "big bwana" mindset where a certain class of people tend to look down on others and think of them as a subspecies that exists only to serve their "superiors".

You see a lot of that attitude on this (and other) forums as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/3/2023 at 4:43 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Although you do quite often hear of people in Court with mental problems and they blame "years of smoking cannabis" for their mental imbalance 

".........and THEY blame "years of smoking cannabis" for their mental imbalance."

They need to give the judge/magistrate some reason/excuse for their behaviour rather than just saying "I lost it!" in order to possibly get some reduction in their sentence. 

And also they may be playing the "don't blame me, blame the drugs" card and "I need help -  not punishment"

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Yes, the owner(s) of the TQ made a big deal crying about how they were going to have to close forever.

No. Local media, hack vlogger, and forum poster drama. The owners never said a thing about closing forever. Towards the end of the unpredictably long COVID lockdowns, things were looking rather grim, just as with so many businesses. Lease payments had to continue (no moratorium) as well as (reduced) staff support, in all benevolence.

One of the owner's daughters, living in the States, decided--quite on her own (younger generation thinking)--to start a GFM. Despite the usual forum sneers and lies, it exceeded its modest goal rather quickly and helped bridge the gap.

TQ then did well again from the time it reopened, SHOCK.

Edited by BigStar

On 5/3/2023 at 12:54 PM, couchpotato said:

Actually over the years a lot of incidents (that go unreported) like this. Bikers and service guys, plus normal idiots don't mix at times. probably same in many bars, but TQ has had its moments.

Violent incidents, no. TQ is rather local and clubby. The bikers (many of whom were ex-service) and the current service members (SEALS, notably) got along just fine. Normal idiots in bars inevitably get into disputes, but the other two groups were always a deterrent to escalation. TQ also never found favor with the yobs partly for that reason, I'd speculate.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

Violent incidents, no. TQ is rather local and clubby. The bikers (many of whom were ex-service) and the current service members (SEALS, notably) got along just fine. Normal idiots in bars inevitably get into disputes, but the other two groups were always a deterrent to escalation. TQ also never found favor with the yobs partly for that reason, I'd speculate.

Maybe you don't go back far enough. I have frequented since Dick owned it. anyway can have our own thoughts on this.

Perhaps the Australian gentleman insulted King Charles and the British gentleman lost control because of his love and devotion to his beloved Monarch?

Hope he gets a telly in the cells on Saturday, so he doesn't miss the coronation. 

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Purdey said:

Horrible attitude by people who think it's a joke - until it happens to them then words like scum will be used.

Hopefully, this will put paid to Pataya as a family attraction. 

Yes mother.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Perhaps the Australian gentleman insulted King Charles

Here we go again with the outrageous word 'PERHAPS' 

I RECKON us Aussies cherish the monarchy more than you Brits.  

In Australia we have a public holiday to celebrate the monarchs birthday. 

Some of the comments here at times are just nasty, wanting to cause conflict amongst the different nationalities. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Here we go again with the outrageous word 'PERHAPS' 

I RECKON us Aussies cherish the monarchy more than you Brits.  

In Australia we have a public holiday to celebrate the monarchs birthday. 

Some of the comments here at times are just nasty, wanting to cause conflict amongst the different nationalities. 

Young Charles endeared himself to us older ozzies when he got on the slops at Timbertop all those yearsago.!! ????

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

Some of the anti brit comments  on this forum would lead to a suspension if they were aimed at other nationalities or ethnicities 

The reason is that Brits are constantly making stereotypically negative comments on the forum about other nationalities and ethnicities. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, BigStar said:

The reason is that Brits are constantly making stereotypically negative comments on the forum about other nationalities and ethnicities. 

Your right and thats why they get slapped so regularly in the real world.! 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SenorTashi said:

Just left Pattaya. What a dump. Hopefully won't have to go back there for a while.

Whenever I leave Pattaya, I'm always glad to return. Hopefully I can continue living here another two decades. ????

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Umlungu said:

Brit was a day early celebrating the coronation of Cauliflower Ears. In the process he did his bit for King and Empire in keeping a few of these renegade colonials in line......

This event happened about 5 days ago, the Coronation was yesterday.......

In search of lower companions? Pattaya is your destination!  A place all manner of well educated, socially adjusted, selfless contributors to humanity call their holiday destination.