Thailand’s new air quality standard to take effect on June 1st

snoop1130

The updated WHO guidelines state that annual average concentrations of PM2.5 should not exceed 5 µg/m3, while 24-hour average exposures should not exceed 15 µg/m3 more than 3 - 4 days per year.

Interim targets have been set to support the planning of incremental milestones toward cleaner air, particularly for cities, regions and countries that are struggling with high air pollution levels. For PM2.5 these are:
  • 35 µg/m3 annual mean, 75 µg/m3 24-hour mean. (level 1)
  • 25 µg/m3 annual mean, 50 µg/m3 24-hour mean. (level 2)
  • 15 µg/m3 annual mean, 37.5 µg/m3 24-hour mean. (level 3)
  • 10 µg/m3 annual mean, 25 µg/m3 24-hour mean. (level 4)

Therefore, Thailand is aiming to scrape the barrel and seek to achieve the lowest interim target.
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

8 hours ago, stoner said:

i often find myself lowering my standards while walking down soi 6 towards the end of the night. 

That’s just the natural result of having recharged beer goggles

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

How about reducing the PM2.5?

PM2.5 is typically calculated as a percentage of PM10 so if one falls, the other falls also. PM10 is larger microns that typically fall to ground sooner because they are heavier. PM2.5 are lighter and travel further. When something is burned, both PM2.5 and PM10 are produced. But some products, by their very make up and design, produce more PM2.5 than PM10, maize for example.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

PM2.5 is typically calculated as a percentage of PM10 so if one falls, the other falls also. PM10 is larger microns that typically fall to ground sooner because they are heavier. PM2.5 are lighter and travel further. When something is burned, both PM2.5 and PM10 are produced. But some products, by their very make up and design, produce more PM2.5 than PM10, maize for example.

Aww, confused so early in the morning, I know it's difficult to understand.

• Confused 1

Old system

0-50 green

50-100 yellow

100-150 orange

150-200 red

200-250 purple 

So basically they added

blue 0-25

Changed

orange (100-200)

Red 200+

So basically red was replaced with orange and purple was replaced with red! ???? 

TIT 

• Like 2