Money in the Bank-A friend has confused me

The money requirement is 800k baht 2 months prior and 3 months after application and not below 400k at other times. 

The funds are not frozen by the bank.

Your immigration office can require 12 months of bank statements particularly if there has not been any transactions in some months. 

Obviously for first time extension the bank statements would only be required for 2 months prior to application. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skallywag said:

I have done 5 one year extensions.  Never had my Kasikorn Bank account frozen.  Never heard of this from anyone who does the annual Non-Imm O Visa extension

Thank you, that's reassuring 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The friend may have become confused.  If the 800K is drawn down to less in the 2 months/3 months period, depending on the office, it is picked up by an IO either at the next 90 day report, or the next yearly extension. Then he would be denied the extension.

Maybe it was just a friendly warning from an IO or bank officer.

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The friend may have become confused.  If the 800K is drawn down to less in the 2 months/3 months period, depending on the office, it is picked up by an IO either at the next 90 day report, or the next yearly extension. Then he would be denied the extension.

Thank you, it makes sense

• Like 1

Last week did my retirement extension at Chiang Mai Immigration, 

made sure I had all the paperwork , handed it all over and they returned

all copies of Bank book, the Bank Books , 12 month statements , never

even looked at them  *, while other years ,they went through them with

a fine tooth comb , seemed the most important papers to them, now

they don't want ? .....to OP I would still take them ,12 months statements

can take 5 working days from Bangkok Bank.  * kept bank letter

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

A 90 day report is NOT connected to the three months after your extension.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

A 90 day report is NOT connected to the three months after your extension.

There are posts on other threads, which state IO's in some offices are demanding to see bank books on the first 90 day report after an extension.

I haven't had that experience in Chiang Rai.

You might think a 90 day report is not connected, apparently some IO's do.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yes, as Lacessit wrote, there are indeed quite a number of Imm Offices that require you visit them 90 days after the 1-year extension of your Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement for a Bank Pass-Book check

"quite a number" ?

Please list a few.

Don't start with Jomtien as that was never enforced. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

SiSaKet and Buriram for starters.  For sure there are other offices too, but I would need to look it up and it's actually of little relevance.  The main point being that in some offices there IS a connection between your 90-day report schedule and your 1-year extension of stay application, and some offices also require a 90-day Bank Pass-book check linked to your 90-day report schedule.    

So I don't understand your Vendetta against posts that provide factual information about this.

YOU might not be interested (but why are you reacting then), but it's useful info for members living or relocating to those provinces where the Imm Office has a different approach than the 'regular' one. 

Stop.

You list 2 offices.

There are approximately 75 offices.

What would be more sensible is to provide ONE report of refusal of extension due to not doing the report back for bank book check. 

Obviously the financial requirements are checked carefully at application for next extension. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I added to post. 

My advice to you would be to contact the Bangkok Bank centre in English and get the information firsthand from them and not secondhand from a friend.

If you still have a problem contact your IO directly and ask them.

The bank and the IO are familiar with all the details as they deal with it all the time.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

My advice to you would be to contact the Bangkok Bank centre in English and get the information firsthand from them and not secondhand from a friend.

If you still have a problem contact your IO directly and ask them.

The bank and the IO are familiar with all the details as they deal with it all the time.

Do not understand one part of that post.

Not even why you quoted me.

The OP has been given correct advice in the thread.

There is absolutely no need to contact bank or immigration office.

The requirements are crystal clear. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Pib said:

But your friend misunderstood this requirement to be a freeze on his bank acct when actually it was not....just a heads-up to keep his acct balance above a certain level.  

That's all you needed to post.

Which BTW is correct. 

Posted several times above. 

The preamble including that you are proud owner of LTR is irrelevant. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve been using Bangkok Bank for over 10 years now and the day before I applied for my extension to stay I go into the bank to deposit like 100 bht the account I use for 

immigration. And then I sit down and it takes less than five minutes to take me out one piece of paper that says I’ve had the money in the bank for the search. And I have to type another letter. It takes about a minute or two is now in Chiangmai migration of prior to that from the bank. I’ve never heard of any frozen accounts that won’t happen. It’s a very simple procedure. TIT

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The money requirement is 800k baht 2 months prior and 3 months after application and not below 400k at other times. 

The funds are not frozen by the bank.

Your immigration office can require 12 months of bank statements particularly if there has not been any transactions in some months. 

Obviously for first time extension the bank statements would only be required for 2 months prior to application. 

Add the fact that the 2 months after and not below 400k is not even a 4 year old rule and it is easy to see that the OP's friend is "confused".

If his bank account was "frozen", it was not due to immigration's funds-in-the-bank policy. The money is yours to do with what you please...however, dropping below during those 5 months (2 months prior and 3 after) will be found out at your next annual extension and possibly/probably not granted the extension. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, geejay said:

Thank you, it makes sense

In my opinion it is not possible to frozen the amount on the bank account.

Supposed I use an agent, a neighbor of mine did that once, the agent put the 800k on his account and after he got his retirement extension, the agent took the amount back.

20 hours ago, geejay said:

I am aware that the funds have to be in place 3 Months before and 2 Months after.

Your friend is wrong be aware 2months before and 3months after. A friend of mine with Kasikcorn told me once he was unable to use his ATM for 24hrs after applying for his extension, more like a bank glitch, than immigration.  

• Like 1