Italian Man Has a Meltdown on His Balcony in Pattaya, Blames Marijuana

webfact

3 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I tore off the front porch of a house with my bare hands in my misguided youth on alcohol. Of course, it WAS MD-2020, and that sh!t is anything but normal booze!

Ah!  MD 2020!  What Four Loko aspires to be when it grows up!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

People need to be educated that weed is not good for some people.....Goverments say almost nothing to educate......I bloody hate the way I feel on weed but I still think weed should be legal....

3 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Weed induced violence is well documented.

Have you read the article..?

"According to the Thai news outlet Channel 3 Plus, authorities did not find evidence of marijuana use when drug-testing Antonio. When Antonio’s urine was purple, police brought him to a hospital for another examination, and found that there was a narcotic substance in his body. Police then handed Antonio to investigators on allegations of using a type 1 drug (ice)."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Sure, if you say so. :rolleyes

Are you saying that this Italian man was suffering from THC induced paranoia? I mean in your "expert" opinion?

https://www.healthline.com/health/marijuana-paranoia

Not difficult to find info on links between marijuana and paranoia. Are they all wrong, in YOUR "expert" opinion?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I tore off the front porch of a house with my bare hands in my misguided youth on alcohol. Of course, it WAS MD-2020, and that sh!t is anything but normal booze!

I did similar with Buckfast, they drink made by monks in England but drank by winos in Scotland.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

People need to be educated that weed is not good for some people.....Goverments say almost nothing to educate......I bloody hate the way I feel on weed but I still think weed should be legal....

It was ice

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I did similar with Buckfast, they drink made by monks in England but drank by winos in Scotland.

Actually Chang too, before they reduced the % alcohol, 25 years ago. 

And Thunderbird, the yank Buckfast. 

50 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

Now that you know the perp tested positive for yaba, don't you feel a bit silly blaming THC for this?  You were wrong and I was right, haha!  Neener neener.  ????  

If you read my posts, I did say a toxicology report was needed before jumping to any conclusions.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Marijuana may be driving a surge in schizophrenia cases among young men, a major Government-funded study suggests.

Researchers backed by the National Institute on Drug Abuse estimated 30 percent of schizophrenia cases in men aged 21 to 30 are linked to cannabis addiction.

Overall across all age groups, the analysis of 6 million people found 15 percent of diagnoses in men and four percent in women could be attributed to the drug.

Dr Nora Volkow, NIDA director and co-author of the study, said the results called for 'urgent action' and demanded people think twice before smoking marijuana.

Schizophrenia cases have been rising in recent decades, linked to growing and aging populations. But the researchers warn it could become more common as marijuana becomes increasingly legal. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12046605/Marijuana-30-PERCENT-schizophrenia-cases-young-men.html

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Screaming said:

Researchers backed by the National Institute on Drug Abuse estimated 30 percent of schizophrenia cases in men aged 21 to 30 are linked to cannabis addiction.

I reckon you've hit the nail on the head. ????

8 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

If you read my posts, I did say a toxicology report was needed before jumping to any conclusions.

Fair point, you did say that and I agreed with your statement if you read my posts!   ???? However, you were still wrong about the role of marijuana in violence for the reasons I stated.  Basically, the only time marijuana seems to "make people violent" is when an underlying psychosis is triggered.  This is not true for drugs like alcohol which can make people dangerous and violent completely out of the blue after just a few drinks.  Marijuana is so much more mild that to even consider it here was ridiculous in my opinion.  

Just now, wealthychef said:

Fair point, you did say that and I agreed with your statement if you read my posts!   ???? However, you were still wrong about the role of marijuana in violence for the reasons I stated.  Basically, the only time marijuana seems to "make people violent" is when an underlying psychosis is triggered.  This is not true for drugs like alcohol which can make people dangerous and violent completely out of the blue after just a few drinks.  Marijuana is so much more mild that to even consider it here was ridiculous in my opinion.  

Marijuana does tend to trigger latent psychoses in some people, Alcohol triggers violence in some people, in me it just makes me sleepy.

I can't honestly say whether you are right about there needing to be an underlying psychosis to be triggered for violence to erupt, I'm not qualified to do that.  I can say though that there is an increased incidence in violence where Marijuana has been consumed.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2