Charles Coronation, the people have spoken !

51 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I suspect that this may be the very last coronation of a UK monarch. ????

Well it might be the last coronation that the British tax payer will have to fork out for.

It certainly should be.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

A minority of bitter, beer bellied Scottish football supporters. They pulled a similarly classless stunt prior to the Queens funeral.

https://www.thenational.scot/sport/22562552.snp-chief-ian-blackford-slams-celtic-fans-sickening-queen-protest-banners/

Hardly representative of "the People".

I think those Celtic footy supporters are probably of catholic persuasion. They probably feel left out; neglected even. I know that Charles said he wants to be 'defender of faiths', but this is not possible under English law..

7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I know that Charles said he wants to be 'defender of faiths', but this is not possible under English law..

He can be defender of many faiths. Doesn't mean he has to practise any of them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

He can be defender of many faiths. Doesn't mean he has to practise any of them.

Didn't Henry 8th chuck out the catholics and set the precedent?

5 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Didn't Henry 8th chuck out the catholics and set the precedent?

He didn't chuck them out he simply stated his own church. Catholics in Britain have existed since the reign of Henry VIII. There are many churches and an Archbishop of Westminster. UK has freedom of religion.

• Like 1

I wonder how many people remember a certain hacked telephone conversation between him and his soon-to-be Queen Consort. Gross is too pallid a description.

The story was too hot to be published in the UK, it was fed out to one of the colonies.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I suspect that this may be the very last coronation of a UK monarch. ????

Not sure, I think there is some possibility I will see a 3rd coronation. Charles may well do a token reign and then hand over to William who has a lot more support.

If he doesn't, you are probably right.

• Like 1

Now I'm an American, but I love your country.

But that said I think that with the death of the Queen many of the overseas realms will be moving towards a Republic, it's just time to break the colonial link.

Maybe Canada might buck that trend, just because it's a defining feature that sets them apart from the behemoth southern neighbor, which apart from that, Canadians look and sound much like Americans.

I could be wrong and long after I have departed this mortal coil, the monarchy may still rule over many people.

Time will tell 

i enjoyed the coronation  I am happy to have King Charles , His  Mum and William as Monarchs  certainly  better than Wanky presidents , the cost of the monarchy is less than 0.001%  of the economy but financial and social returns are much much greater  ,, It is also a part of the cement of the stability of UK

Its also great Theater  and a family soap opera  and shakesperian greek tragedy all in One , not perfect not fairytale  either ,, I certainly would not wish their jobs and priviledges on anyone, they are not free like us  ,,,, they are living in a gilded cage .

Edited by liddelljohn
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The government is very good at wasting your money on a staggering scale whilst presiding over the biggest fall in living standards in 70 years for exactly the same thing we had last week.

I predict when the sun comes out the pot will boil over and the unrest will start and we can all sing God help us ???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

The government is very good at wasting your money on a staggering scale whilst presiding over the biggest fall in living standards in 70 years for exactly the same thing we had last week.

I predict when the sun comes out the pot will boil over and the unrest will start and we can all sing God help us ???? 

And the royal family are responsible for that in what way exactly?

Edited by billd766
corrected some bad spelling