How fast the final curtain can fall.

17 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

Happy, you sound like my wife.....assuming and guessing about everything. Of course, you are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but it is unwise for you to state your opinion as fact. Consider this....of all the knowledge in the world, let's modestly say that you are aware of .00000000000001% of it. Have you considered that the true knowledge of God is hidden somewhere in the balance of that, and you just haven't discovered it as yet? Keep searching my friend! Take it from a former "rich gone broke" alcoholic and drug addict, God the Father, Holy Spirit and Jesus are all real and can change your life dramatically when they come into your life. All you have to do is receive Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, and you will never have to worry about losing your life. You will find eternal life!

Maybe real for you, but for others this holier than thou cr__ is useless in real life.

• Thumbs Up 2

23 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Rather having a fast ending then suffering from a disease which slowly kills you.

And there is an issue for me. At the not so tender age of 55 I have just done my will for the 2nd time. I would rather have time to plan and ensure everything in order and in place for my loved ones and to be able to say goodbye for one last time than for it to be over in a sudden instant. I hear that pain releif is good these days anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

Did you know there is a condo block in Pattaya reputedly know as "God's Waiting Room"

Many elderly residents pop off here!

I wonder if many know where I'm talking about?

Nirun

13 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Nirun?

After posting came back to read more and you said same. Been there a few times and it had that same feeling for me. 

Edited by soi3eddie

On 5/7/2023 at 11:24 AM, save the frogs said:

Sorry for sounding preachy, but have you checked out the God thread on Aseannow?

No doubt the great minds on Aseannow will make short work of the subject that the world's great minds have argued over for centuries.

I guess I'll check out that thread... never.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

no amount of going to the gym and sucking down wheatgrass is going to make you immortal.

Walking in the morning and drinking red wine in the evening will take care of me ????

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/7/2023 at 10:54 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Really?

I don't believe in any god. When I am dead then I am dead. So what? It won't hurt.

Until now I lived more than 20,000 days and nights. I enjoyed a lot of that time. Maybe I will live 10,000 more. Or maybe only a few. Nobody knows. There is no point of denying reality: We all will die.

Carpe diem!

6yyu1rarnxp1f14y8w3auu7ve.445x628x1.jpg

And you’ve wasted a lot of the little amount of time you have reading all my fictional posts. 

On 5/8/2023 at 1:32 AM, still kicking said:

Yes, I read the sad news as well, but he wasn't a youngster anymore compare that with Jock Zonfrillo master chef judge and brilliant cook who was just 46 when he passed away last week

Compare that with a 24yo who dies.

On 5/8/2023 at 4:32 AM, xylophone said:

Thanks for reminding me, because I was wondering what had happened to Colin, and I wondered if the accident he had which had put him in a wheelchair, had finally taken its toll?? Anybody know?

I to had wondered about Colin

• Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 1:17 PM, soi3eddie said:

Walking in the morning and drinking red wine in the evening will take care of me ????

Well thats all true

But none of us can escape the reality that we will die, sooner or later

Lifestyle may well be a factor, but our genetics play a huge part of how long we live.

Live life the best you can every day since none of us know, fit, healthy, fat none of us know when it's gonna end.

Last week me and Mrs G were in San Diego with our Grandson, thats how the circle of life works.

I could die tomorrow, but I'll live on in some part in my daughters, son and grandson

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/8/2023 at 3:15 AM, still kicking said:

I am 76 next month still enjoying myself, travel twice a year to Thailand still have a few glasses of wine every night I'll keep doing that till I kick the bucket you only live ones. 

Only live once? How do you know?