Pheu Thai is facing a threat of dissolution with complaint being pursued by Election Commission

webfact

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The desperados army goons will do anything within their power to avoid a free and fair election, where they will lose by a decisive margin. No doubt the election commission is as corrupt as the army. 

Woe is Thailand until the dinosaurs are gone for good. 

The funny thing is that even if they get rid of the PT party the people at are elected will still sit in the government. The trick is what to do with the free seats.  BUT MFP as the defacto winning party if PT disolves will get most of them along wth a deal to give the PT members a home to stay in until this is all regulated.

1 minute ago, jesimps said:

So you, like all the yellow shirts think that the army illegally seizing power is a better option than a political party democratically elected by the people.

It's getting just like the old days on here when some farang were cheering the military on, so you've got some buddies on here.

who was really democratic elected in Thailand? Massive vote buying....driving around and openly offering 300 Baht (that was before inflation) and bringing the people to controlled voting per bus is as much democratic as a coup. The benchmark is more how free can the people live....I don't like "democratic murdering" people on the street (war against drugs). I prefer peace and life.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

The Thai government wanted to lower it.  The only part of this that was Prayut is that he is still prime minister.

The 10K is something that people will get (maybe ) if they qualify and if the PT gets into power with enough votes to control the government.

The funny thing is the other some I am waiting to drop the case to dissolve the MFP.  They are a bigger threat to the

e mainstream as the leader is not a Thaksin crony.

IF after the election the EC takes up the challenge then it is going to be a long time without a government as the PT will not relinquish until it has gone through all the courts.

I would pretty much prefer a long time no government till it all clears itself....as less government as better for the normal people and as least corruption

41 minutes ago, kennw said:

Well said, and they are just following the Taksin era scam of promising to give away government money if they win, the money that comes from Thai people them selves   

Of course if you hand out money like no tomorrow, using up the countries reserves or increasing debts you'll get a big economic boom and the next government which needs to balance the budget will look bad in compare.

16 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

This want a democratic election.  They want their voices heard.  They do not want the military even though with the coups it has become a practice.

Military rule only serves 1 person and one group of people 

And than they vote for Thaksin...which serves 1 person and his family or the other oligarch from the car manufacturer family?

• Sad 1

the only dramatic results is the ongoing reefer-madness by people that obiously don't know about side-effects...

if they only were so pickypicky about alcohol, sugar-flavoured candy, cigarettes etc...

5 minutes ago, h90 said:

And than they vote for Thaksin...which serves 1 person and his family or the other oligarch from the car manufacturer family?

It doesn't matter. THEY get to decide, not you and a bunch of mates who don't like the democratic processes. 

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, h90 said:

who was really democratic elected in Thailand? Massive vote buying....driving around and openly offering 300 Baht (that was before inflation) and bringing the people to controlled voting per bus is as much democratic as a coup. The benchmark is more how free can the people live....I don't like "democratic murdering" people on the street (war against drugs). I prefer peace and life.

You don’t like facts.

Multiple international agencies have observed multiple Thai elections and given them all pass marks as being free and fair…the one exception? the 2019 election where Prayuth banned international observers lest he be caught cheating. How on earth do you remain so wrong about verifiable events? Aren’t you embarrassed?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrMojoRisin said:

You don’t like facts.

Multiple international agencies have observed multiple Thai elections and given them all pass marks as being free and fair…the one exception? the 2019 election where Prayuth banned international observers lest he be caught cheating. How on earth do you remain so wrong about verifiable events? Aren’t you embarrassed?

I was here, I have seen it......Forgotten the scandals with the ballot boxes and the scandal with the rubber stamps? Forgotten the boxes that were intentional made that it can be seen what people vote for (and the proof was the video of Thaksins wife....she voted for him as clearly visible on the video). The massive vote buying, everyone knows it because everyone got money offered (maybe with some exception in downtown Bangkok). Who dispute that is rewriting history.
The massive yellow shirt protests did not come because the middle class got the wish for some military dictatorship they came because the saw the massive fraud and corruption.
Is anyone claiming that there was election fraud by Prayuth in 2019?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

spidermike007

The desperados army goons will do anything within their power to avoid a free and fair election, where they will lose by a decisive margin. No doubt the election commission is as corrupt as the army. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So your view of a free and fair election is to hand out 10.000 baht to each voter, great opinion.... Maybe you should think things over a bit.....

The desperado red party do whatever it takes to take power again, maybe they will start to shoot thai people like they did 2014 again????

No for me, of course if these corrupt offerings continue this election will be a place of joke and not a serios election......

For me, time since 2014 and onwards has been a great time for Thailand with great development and progress despite all this bull<deleted> on social media..

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, kennw said:

Well said, and they are just following the Taksin era scam of promising to give away government money if they win, the money that comes from Thai people them selves   

And whose money do you think the PPRP and the current government have been giving away since 2014?

Do you believe it was the politicians OWN money that they gave away?

1 hour ago, proton said:

who was the bigger criminal, the one winning two elections, or the one leading an illegal coup?

I think it's somehow funny when people "think" than an elected politician can't also be a criminal.

Surprise! One has nothing to do with the other. There are lots of example all over the world of politicians who were elected and then they committed crimes, sometimes real bad crimes.

Prayut helped to remove the criminal. Thanks! Someone had to do it. 

• Love It 1

25 minutes ago, h90 said:

I was here, I have seen it......Forgotten the scandals with the ballot boxes and the scandal with the rubber stamps? Forgotten the boxes that were intentional made that it can be seen what people vote for (and the proof was the video of Thaksins wife....she voted for him as clearly visible on the video). The massive vote buying, everyone knows it because everyone got money offered (maybe with some exception in downtown Bangkok). Who dispute that is rewriting history.
The massive yellow shirt protests did not come because the middle class got the wish for some military dictatorship they came because the saw the massive fraud and corruption.
Is anyone claiming that there was election fraud by Prayuth in 2019?

I was here, I saw it first hand, my wife says….blah, blah, blah.

You do not know more or have better information than international NGO’s who exist to monitor and report on elections. You are one solitary individual blinded by prejudice. Again and again you regurgitate nonsense about Thaksin, Pheu Thai and Move Forward because you lack the kahonies to simply state that you do not believe in democracy and think that anyone with views opposed to yours should be disenfranchised, persecuted and oppressed. The Thai people are smarter than you, they are more informed than you and their collective conclusion is that Prayuth and his allies are absolute <deleted> and this is why, come this weekend, the unwanted and incompetent Prayuth regime will get its <deleted> handed to it. You are on the wrong side of history (and decency).

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think it's somehow funny when people "think" than an elected politician can't also be a criminal.

Surprise! One has nothing to do with the other. There are lots of example all over the world of politicians who were elected and then they committed crimes, sometimes real bad crimes.

Prayut helped to remove the criminal. Thanks! Someone had to do it. 

What’s even funnier is when people think unelected politicians aren’t criminals.

• Love It 1

32 minutes ago, glegolo18 said:

spidermike007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So your view of a free and fair election is to hand out 10.000 baht to each voter, great opinion.... Maybe you should think things over a bit.....

The desperado red party do whatever it takes to take power again, maybe they will start to shoot thai people like they did 2014 again????

No for me, of course if these corrupt offerings continue this election will be a place of joke and not a serios election......

For me, time since 2014 and onwards has been a great time for Thailand with great development and progress despite all this bull<deleted> on social media..

It was not great, because the government did not reverse many nonsense. They didn't do any real reforms. They had years of being a dictatorship which they could have used to do real deep reforms. We only need to look at immigration...the bureaucracy is the same bad everywhere. Slimming down the bureaucracy and lowering the taxes would have boosted Thailand.
So it was not great but it was OK because they didn't make things worse. But it is a lost opportunity. Handling of Covid is also nothing to be proud off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Of course.

What's a democratic election in Thailand without your counterparts being kicked off the ballot?

Hopefully opposition to this farce will topple this retarded Junta. 

1 minute ago, MrJ2U said:

Unfortunately that was a complete farce.

But who's to deny someone his Junta fantasy world? 

So you are for democracy only if your candidate wins...if the other wins it is a farce?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Why on earth should we farang take any notice of Thai politics? We can't change anything and whoever is in power doesn't affect us, the last coup almost went unnoticed where I live, life went on as normal. A coup would have entertainment value only as far as I'm concerned. Whoever has their snout in the trough will go unnoticed by us, corruption will continue and the comedy that is Thai politics will continue its merry dance.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, h90 said:

So you are for democracy only if your candidate wins...if the other wins it is a farce?

You just dont understand "guided democracy"  (they are not mature enough on their own yet). lol

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, FarAway said:

In contrast to literally all people here, I would be very happy if Pheu Thai will NOT come into power and will get kicked out.

OK, but wouldn't it be better to decide this by voting than by some arcane technical procedure?  I mean, lots of people disagree with you.  Do their opinions just not count because you don't like Pheu Thai?  The idea that if your opponent is bad enough it's OK to cheat them out of office is one that undermines any credible claim to democracy in my incredibly humble opinion. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Then do it again. And if necessary again.

Maybe one day people will realize that a party should not be run by a criminal. 

....  and a coup-maker is no criminal?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Why on earth should we farang take any notice of Thai politics? We can't change anything and whoever is in power doesn't affect us, the last coup almost went unnoticed where I live, life went on as normal. A coup would have entertainment value only as far as I'm concerned. Whoever has their snout in the trough will go unnoticed by us, corruption will continue and the comedy that is Thai politics will continue its merry dance.

Some people are able to think, not just of themselves, but others as well. Why would you not want the people in whose country you’ve opted to live to be free. Moral support costs nothing.

• Like 1