Jury finds Donald Trump sexually abused E. Jean Carroll in civil case

Scott

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

His continued defamation of Carroll, often rabidly ranting against her online into the wee hours of the night will almost certainly ensure the very best outcome for Carroll.

The best outcome for Carroll is the appeals court refuses to throw out the sexual assault judgment. If not, then everything else goes downhill.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

The best outcome for Carroll is the appeals court refuses to throw out the sexual assault judgment. If not, then everything else goes downhill.

If not, then everything else goes downhill

In this particular instance maybe.........but plenty of other cases lined up for the orange clown to deal with!

26 minutes ago, xylophone said:

If not, then everything else goes downhill

In this particular instance maybe.........but plenty of other cases lined up for the orange clown to deal with!

The Supreme Court of the US will hold oral arguments on

Donald J. Trump, Petitioner v. Norma Anderson, et al. on 08 FEB 2024. 

... AKA the Colorado decision to block Trump on the Republican Primary ballot ... and if that ain't the big kahuna, I don't know what is.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

The Supreme Court of the US will hold oral arguments on

Donald J. Trump, Petitioner v. Norma Anderson, et al. on 08 FEB 2024. 

... AKA the Colorado decision to block Trump on the Republican Primary ballot ... and if that ain't the big kahuna, I don't know what is.

How about........"the government now charges, Trump “perpetrated three conspiracies”: one to defeat the lawful federal government function by which the results of the presidential election are collected, counted, and certified; another “to corruptly obstruct and impede the January 6 congressional proceeding at which the collected results of the presidential election are counted and certified”; and yet another “against the right to vote and to have one’s vote counted.”

Then there is the unlawful taking of classified documents, some of which were found in Mar-a-Largo, plus other fraud/tax charges. So the orange clown is in for a busy time!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You’re letting your enthusiasm for all possible good outcomes for Trump get the better of you.

Which is odd given your oft stated dislike for the man, but consistent with an attachment to any possible chink of hope for him in his continually worsening legal troubles.

I think the case against him stinks whether he ends up making Carroll wealthy or not.

And see post just above.

1 minute ago, jerrymahoney said:

I don't care about any of that as long as he is not again elected President.

I agree with that statement.......but would also like to see him held accountable for his misdemeanours and crimes. And he's lucky cos orange suits him!!

34 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I agree with that statement.......but would also like to see him held accountable for his misdemeanours and crimes. And he's lucky cos orange suits him!!

He can be found guilty in every criminal case and still be elected President.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Today, the prosecutor played back Trump's deposition where he stated that E. Jean Carroll was not his type, and then (in the greatest screwup in a civil trial I have ever seen), Trump confused a photo of E. Jean Carroll with his second wife.

images (5).jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Donald Trump testifies in his defense in E. Jean Carroll defamation suit — for less than 3 minutes

Updated 4:57 AM GMT+7, January 26, 2024

Trump didn’t attend a related trial last spring, when a different jury found that he did sexually abuse Carroll and that some of his comments were defamatory, awarding her $5 million. This trial concerns only how much more he may have to pay her for certain remarks he made in 2019, while president. She’s seeking $10 million.

Because of the prior jury’s findings, Kaplan said Trump now couldn’t offer any testimony “disputing or attempting to undermine” the sexual abuse allegations. The law doesn’t allow for “do-overs by disappointed litigants,” the judge said

https://apnews.com/article/trump-carroll-defamation-lawsuit-trial-0f2618e7fa839ace26de76e1a6ce274f

But the law does allow for an appeal. Carroll's response to the Trump appeal brief is due by 16 FEB 2024

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I will offer my prediction. If I am wrong, you can only criticize if your prediction is better.

The jury finishes deliberations tomorrow afternoon with a verdict of $10 million.

More. Much more. After all Trump says Mar a Lardo is worth billions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

OH NO! You've outed me! My days as a Trump double-agent are over. I'm so relieved. Now I can go to the 7-11 wearing my red MAGA hat.

Aww don’t worry jerry we still love ya! Hey just re name trump tower and re name it the Carroll towers 

10 minutes ago, Tug said:

Aww don’t worry jerry we still love ya! Hey just re name trump tower and re name it the Carroll towers 

OK but on these various Trump topics and others, I see myself more as the play-by-play announcer and leave to others to be the color (or colour for the non-Yanks) commentary.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

More. Much more. After all Trump says Mar a Lardo is worth billions.

Trump usually weaponizes his big mouth against his opponents and the law, but in this case, it seems he has shot himself in the foot.

A video with his statement from the NY Fraud case about the value of 'Mar a Lardo's billions' was entered as evidence into the E Jean Carroll defamation.

Defamation damages can be determined on the defendant's ability to pay and now it seems the sky may be the limit.

Trump also stated in court that he has no intention of stopping his defamation.

I suggest the Judge Kaplin may set significant punitive damages to stop him from doing so. 

Trump's abusive rhetoric has been his sword, yet he continually falls on it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

My response to that is mind your own business.

Well excu-u-use me. * You're the one who wants to make this personal.

Like for someone who is anti-Trump I'm not sufficiently anti-Trump.

* Cue John Belushi

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1