Jury finds Donald Trump sexually abused E. Jean Carroll in civil case

Scott

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

LOL, you accusing others of being obsessed .

Is there another person who is constantly on your mind and you keep talking about him ?

I intend to talk about Trump until he loses in November.

More Trump dementia:

via @never_trump_republicans - Days after he confused Nikki Haley with Nancy Pelosi, Trump now says that E. Jean Carroll who sues him is “running for office”.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

83.3 million dollars ouch!!!and big mouth deserves every penny the best part is he can’t say anything to Mrs Carroll he’s finally facing some consequences for his big fat mouth!!it’s a good day for  everyone and the best for Mrs Carroll!!

• Like 2

Trump claimed — and still does — Carroll was lying and made up the accusation to sell her book.

But U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan, an appointee of former President Clinton who oversaw the trial, already ruled Trump defamed Carroll. The jury merely considered the issue of damages.

Within minutes, Trump vowed to appeal the verdict, as he did with the trial last year.

“Absolutely ridiculous! I fully disagree with both verdicts,” Trump wrote on Truth Social. 

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4431528-donald-trump-e-jean-carroll-defamation-trial-verdict/

2 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Trump claimed — and still does — Carroll was lying and made up the accusation to sell her book.

But U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan, an appointee of former President Clinton who oversaw the trial, already ruled Trump defamed Carroll. The jury merely considered the issue of damages.

Within minutes, Trump vowed to appeal the verdict, as he did with the trial last year.

“Absolutely ridiculous! I fully disagree with both verdicts,” Trump wrote on Truth Social. 

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4431528-donald-trump-e-jean-carroll-defamation-trial-verdict/

He can appeal, but he has to post the amount. When Judge Engoron rules before 31 Jan, likely for at least $370 million, trump is going to be skint. Even if he appeals that, he also has to post the amount.

His childish boasting about 'grabbing them by the hoi' caught up with him. Carroll has credibility; trump has none.

A life of crime and privilege has caught up with the loser.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

He can appeal, but he has to post the amount.

He can post a bond if he can get it.

But there may be some complications as the verdict today is predicated on the liability decision last year that is already under appeal.

Edited by jerrymahoney

A jury of his peers found his bar fine to be $83.3 million. You couldn't pay me that to go anywhere near that toadstool. Ick!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/verdict-reached-e-jean-carrolls-defamation-damages-trial-trump-rcna135919

Trump must pay E. Jean Carroll over $83 million in defamation damages, jury rules...

The award included $11 million for damage to Carroll's reputation, $7.3 million for emotional harm and other damages, and $65 million in punitive damages.

Edited by thaicurious
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, thaicurious said:

A jury of his peers found his bar fine to be $83.3 million. You couldn't pay me that to go anywhere near that toadstool. Ick!

He's been judged a rapist. Not quite the same thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

He's been judged a rapist. Not quite the same thing.

not quite and this wasn't even for that but for the defamation aspect, not the rapey aspect, but monetary compensation for sex translates similarly, he just custom ordered his with all the expensive options.

23 minutes ago, thaicurious said:

not quite and this wasn't even for that but for the defamation aspect, not the rapey aspect, but monetary compensation for sex translates similarly, he just custom ordered his with all the expensive options.

no

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

no

Yes. This award absolutely was about the defamation, not about the sex. Your arguing with a joke about sex is your own personal problem.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/world/donald-trump-net-worth-how-much-of-a-hit-will-83-3-million-e-jean-carroll-verdict-be/ar-BB1hklGG

Trump has been ordered to pay... $83.3 million in damages to ... E. Jean Carroll for defamatory statements he made against her ... The jury determined that Trump should compensate Carroll with $18.3 million in total—$11 million allocated for a reputation repair program and $7.3 million for the emotional distress caused by his remarks. Additionally, Trump is required to pay $65 million in punitive damages for acting maliciously in his statements about Carroll. (bolding mine)

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

What's the over/under than trump finally shuts his mouth? What will donny post on his (Truth Isn't) Truth Social tonight?

All of this continues to build his reputation as a loser. Eventually the goobers who live vicariously through him are going to slough off.

When Judge Engoron comes out with something on the order of $370 million for trump's conviction on bank and insurance fraud, trump is going to be wiped out. Looks like bankruptcy #7 and going into hiding from the Russian oligarchs he owes via Deutsche Bank SIVs. They're going to peel his skin off if he stiffs them like he stiffs his lawyers and contractors. Of course he could stand to lose the weight.

NOBODY is above the law. It's a beautiful country!

As far as trumps goobers I think many will band around him after all he’s had a rough life lol only got 400 mill from da da poor thing I’m sure he will try to bilk his followers for the 83.3 mill lol 😂 anyway decent republicans (there are many) will reject him over this but imo his trying to ax the border deal and betray the brave peoples of Ukraine are more damaging  it’s all adding up !

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Trump, the petulant coward, stands up and walks out of court during closing arguments.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/lawyers-have-final-say-in-e-jean-carroll-defamation-trial-a-day-after-trump-testifies

That insult to the the court probably increased the damages + $50 M.

Good thing Mr. Trump is so wealthy; he can afford it.

He's going to go nuts on Truth Social and the campaign events.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Jxw4932b4L8

I thought the high number was the jury calling him out for a curtain call after his staged antics. And all he wanted an Emmy. instead he got their 83.3 million dollar judgement. I can only imagine his truth social so I'll wait for the real news to sift through it.

5 minutes ago, Tug said:

As far as trumps goobers I think many will band around him after all he’s had a rough life lol only got 400 mill from da da poor thing I’m sure he will try to bilk his followers for the 83.3 mill lol 😂 anyway decent republicans (there are many) will reject him over this but imo his trying to ax the border deal and betray the brave peoples of Ukraine are more damaging  it’s all adding up !

You missed his latest (is there ever a latest, rapid fire latest maybe? How about his attempt to disenfranchise his own Republican voters by rigging his own RNC primaries before walking that back. What a mess the GOP has become.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/cnns-kaitlan-collins-reveals-that-trump-was-secretly-behind-rnc-plan-to-coronate-him-that-he-publicly-rejected/

Trump Was Secretly Behind RNC Plan to Coronate Him That He Publicly Rejected

Trump was secretly behind the Republican National Committee’s plan to name him the presumptive GOP nominee for president, even though he publicly renounced it after it faced widespread backlash.

The Dispatch reported on Thursday afternoon that the RNC was considering a resolution to recognize Trump as its presumptive nominee despite the fact that only two primary contests have taken place so far

5 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

LOL, you accusing others of being obsessed .

Is there another person who is constantly on your mind and you keep talking about him ?

I wonder, have you have checked the top of this thread to inform yourself of the topic you are discussing?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

Trump, the petulant coward, stands up and walks out of court during closing arguments.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/lawyers-have-final-say-in-e-jean-carroll-defamation-trial-a-day-after-trump-testifies

That insult to the the court probably increased the damages + $50 M.

Good thing Mr. Trump is so wealthy; he can afford it.

He's going to go nuts on Truth Social and the campaign events.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Jxw4932b4L8

So not on the merit of the case. But we knew that all along. 

17 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Regardless of the above, that is all about the jury verdict in the NY State Assault victims case in Ms. Carroll's favor. Water under the bridge.

There is an appeal now in the first level NY State Court of appeals and that no-date may not even figure in Trump's appeal.

It could be seen as contradictory to say a court case is 'water under the bridge' and in the same breath that the case is under appeal.

You seem to have invested a lot in an appeal especially for the Rule of Law 'right to alibi'.

Civil cases generally have a ‘lower bar’ in terms of the standard of proof required (‘preponderance of the evidence’ rather than ‘beyond a reasonable doubt’).

This could potentially make an appeal less likely to succeed, especially if there’s strong evidence supporting the original verdict.

Do you have links to both dockets for NY Federal 2nd Circuit Court of Appeal Due Date 16 Feb 2024 as mentioned previously and the First Level NY State Court of Appeals?

4 hours ago, thaicurious said:

Yes. This award absolutely was about the defamation, not about the sex. Your arguing with a joke about sex is your own personal problem.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/world/donald-trump-net-worth-how-much-of-a-hit-will-83-3-million-e-jean-carroll-verdict-be/ar-BB1hklGG

Trump has been ordered to pay... $83.3 million in damages to ... E. Jean Carroll for defamatory statements he made against her ... The jury determined that Trump should compensate Carroll with $18.3 million in total—$11 million allocated for a reputation repair program and $7.3 million for the emotional distress caused by his remarks. Additionally, Trump is required to pay $65 million in punitive damages for acting maliciously in his statements about Carroll. (bolding mine)

He was already convicted of the sexual assault part which is effectively rape.