Anyone have any experience with Redmi phones?

After a phone with a really high performing camera. I would buy an Iphone but my days of spending 10K + on a phone are long gone.

I keep coming up with Redmi as by far the best camera performance by a mile in a low price range.

Anyone know anything about the quality of their products? As far as I know Xiaomi very good company.

I have seen a Note 11 pro near home for a crazy price, phone is near new. The reviews on the 10 pro are legendary and the 11 has the same camera / sensor......but it would appear the processor in the two cameras superior on the 10 pro, as hard as that is to believe. Watched a few side by side comparisons of photo results and the 10 clearly superior

2 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

I have seen a Note 11 pro near home for a crazy price, phone is near new. The reviews on the 10 pro are legendary and the 11 has the same camera / sensor......but it would appear the processor in the two cameras superior on the 10 pro, as hard as that is to believe. Watched a few side by side comparisons of photo results and the 10 clearly superior

Many reports of problems with note 10 pro and the 5 g version has lower specs than 4g model

Just now, Upnotover said:

Redmi 10 Pro (4g).  THB 5000.  Perfect phone for my needs.  Fast, 6GB RAM, 128GB storage.  Fantastic camera;

image.png.874f46691a99e6d736eb52aa733f8a45.png

Where did you pick it up for 5000 baht?

Just now, Kenny202 said:

Where did you pick it up for 5000 baht?

England in 2022, £124.99. Must be similar in Bangkok I'd have thought (if still available) although their prices do seem to fluctuate wildly up and down.

Redmi 10 here, cheap as chips great phone 2 years on. I was a huawei fan before they lost app store access, and Xiaomi/Redmi has filled that void, i just wish they made a 8 inch high end tablet.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

England in 2022, £124.99. Must be similar in Bangkok I'd have thought (if still available) although their prices do seem to fluctuate wildly up and down.

Based on the camera and performance alone I am tempted to buy it, and see some on Lazada at this price range but claiming 5G, 8 / 128gb etc. Not sure if they are original phones or been messed with or just copies. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I have the Note 10 Pro. Never had any problems with it and the camera really is good. 

I don't remember that there was a 5g version originally? So they may have compromised the specs to bring one out? 
I know later models don't have the camera of the Note 10 Pro but I'd certainly go back to look at the Note whenever this one expires, which hopefully won't be for a few years. 

As above, great phones, but.......Xiaomi has moved away from using Google Play Store (GPS) for their apps and now uses Get Apps which can't be removed, not as secure as GPS and is the one reason I can think of not to buy Xiaomi. It seems this is a major issue with many Thai people, as it is with me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nigelforbes said:

As above, great phones, but.......Xiaomi has moved away from using Google Play Store (GPS) for their apps and now uses Get Apps which can't be removed, not as secure as GPS and is the one reason I can think of not to buy Xiaomi. It seems this is a major issue with many Thai people, as it is with me.

com.xiaomi.mipicks | GetApps(Xiaomi app store)

Can be deleted via ADB or command orompt

Edited by norbra

I have a Redmi Note 10

The hardware seems good, but there are a number of things I dislike about the phone:

- WIFI came with a bug, had to update the OS to a new version to get normal performance

- disabling all the advertising is a PITA, I still get some sometimes

- the UI is less practical than Samsung's, takes quite some time to get used to it

- usability of many system apps is less good than Samsung

- user-side camera is low quality

- volume control is bad, I seem to be unable to set different volume for notifications and ringing

- permissions seem to be flaky, some apps still post notifications to the screen when they have been told not to

for the money it's quite the beefy hardware, but all of the above reasons make me wish I had spent 5000 baht more to get the equivalent Samsung.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

My Redmi note 11, Android 12, still gets it's apps from Google Play Store,

These phones are garbage. They do have great specs, but unfortunately the software and component quality is trash.

My Xiaomi note 10 pro after 1 year of use is overheating and battery drops to zero after 10 minutes fully charged. 

It would be a much better idea to pickup a 3 year old flagship phone like Samsung where speed, camera and RAM would still beat these mid range phones. As i threw my Xiaomi to the garbage i picked up my Samsung Note 9 that I put in the drawer last year. Works better and faster than Xiaomi garbage. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, n00dle said:

I beleive all global realsed.phomes come with playstore.

I don't think Huawei does. Google banned them from including it 3 years ago due to US sanctions on the company. 

I have a Redmi Note 9 and, while it's been a great phone for the last 3 years, it's suffering from the dreaded disappearing storage space bug.

Some devices, for whatever reason, fill up the system partition with wifi logs and these never get deleted. The net result is that the available internal storage space slowly goes down and down and there's nothing you can do about it without rooting or performing a factory reset. I currently have about 6gb of storage used out of 64gb that's supposed to be available, but there's only 3gb free!

It's a shame because it's an otherwise great device but they have been aware of this issue for years and have done nothing to fix it.

Every time a firmware update comes through (which, to be fair, happens pretty regularly) I get my hopes up of being reunited with my lost storage via a fix. But every time I am let down.

I therefore really couldn't recommend them.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, asf6 said:

I don't think Huawei does. Google banned them from including it 3 years ago due to US sanctions on the company. 

Ah sorry, typing on my tabet whie its charging can have some odd results. I meant to say all globally released redmi pohones have playstore. Yeah, Huawei is dead in the water. Its a shame because i had a Huawei phone and a huawei table and they were both remarkable. 

3 hours ago, elfpattaya said:

My Redmi note 11, Android 12, still gets it's apps from Google Play Store,

My 3 year old phone used to, but not any longer. Sure it can be deleted using ADB I guess, I just don't want to go to that level having never used it before.

Poco F5. Has NFC which a lot of Chinese phones dont. Important if you want to use your phone as a credit card or entry card.

Has IR blaster AMOLED screen. I've used Poco before. Its best bang for buck and feature packed with decent quality. Pretty much Xiaomi Redmi realme Poco all by same company.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JayClay said:

I have a Redmi Note 9 and, while it's been a great phone for the last 3 years, it's suffering from the dreaded disappearing storage space bug.

Some devices, for whatever reason, fill up the system partition with wifi logs and these never get deleted. The net result is that the available internal storage space slowly goes down and down and there's nothing you can do about it without rooting or performing a factory reset. I currently have about 6gb of storage used out of 64gb that's supposed to be available, but there's only 3gb free!

It's a shame because it's an otherwise great device but they have been aware of this issue for years and have done nothing to fix it.

Every time a firmware update comes through (which, to be fair, happens pretty regularly) I get my hopes up of being reunited with my lost storage via a fix. But every time I am let down.

I therefore really couldn't recommend them.

I have the 9 and don't have this problem, sounds like because i only use sim data so wifi wouldn't cause this