Thailand targets high-spending Middle Eastern tourists for tourism growth

webfact

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

What happened to the high spending Indians and Chinese?

One day it might just occur to them that farangs spend a pretty penny here.

Yes where’s the Chinese oh there at a seafood buffet

IMG_2083.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

first they were replaced with the Sri Lankians, it din't work, Now they turn to the middle east but with this type of activities/publicity one has to wonder if the middle east will close their eyes...555

Couple condemned for having sex on a public beach in southern Thailand

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RandolphGB said:

From the same excuse for a news site that uses African elephants to illustrate stories about elephants in Thailand.

image.png.5dc4b4baea18f4156c34f5ce7ca40907.png

Also:

Paetongtarn Shinawatra gives birth to her first child 

As I said they must have meant her first child after her first child. I get the feeling this is work from home and ChatGPT and children are involved in creating these articles. If not then why? How can anyone get this stuff soooooo wrong?

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Also:

Paetongtarn Shinawatra gives birth to her first child 

As I said they must have meant her first child after her first child. I get the feeling this is work from home and ChatGPT and children are involved in creating these articles. If not then why? How can anyone get this stuff soooooo wrong?

Yes, there's a lot of ChatGPT going on.

They seem to be going for quantity over quality.

• Thumbs Up 1

Might be a little too much pork in the diet for them.

I stayed in Penang for a while, Middle Easterners tend to pour in during the summer months.  They seem to love McDonalds (which is halal down there). 

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

What happened to the high spending Indians (...)

Not sure whether they have Thai nationality or not, but many on Walking Street, promoting the Russian a-go-gos, working in malls (e.g. Mike's), or (shhh...) secretly selling leather belts in alleys near Tip Plaza...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Middle Eastern travellers are regarded as a high-spending demographic with relatively more extended stays in Thailand

Since when is Thailand interested in travellers staying for an 'extended time'? Oh yes, since all the coveted Asian visitors have lowered the average tourist's stay to a week or so...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Sure the do spend a lot....But it is not either Chinese or Farangs it is Chinese and Farangs

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Wealthy people from the Middle East are very demanding and have very high expectations.  Doubt very few hotels in LOS can meet these expectations.  

I don't know much about middle eastern, but I have seen plenty who took it easy, both in Thailand as in Langkawi.

47 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Wealthy people from the Middle East are very demanding and have very high expectations.  Doubt very few hotels in LOS can meet these expectations.  

Not sure if it's the hotels or who you can take to said hotels. Come to Thasiland to drink and have a bit on the side from countries where it is forbidden by religion and the state.

22 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Not sure if it's the hotels or who you can take to said hotels. Come to Thasiland to drink and have a bit on the side from countries where it is forbidden by religion and the state.

What is the Thai word for Concierge?  I knew a few Kuwaitis and Emiratis(you know people who pay $10,000 for First Class Airline tickets) and when they arrive at a hotel they want to be served and served and served.  

6 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

What is the Thai word for Concierge?  I knew a few Kuwaitis and Emiratis(you know people who pay $10,000 for First Class Airline tickets) and when they arrive at a hotel they want to be served and served and served.  

And I have seen plenty of Arabs that didn't look well off....rent something cheap and still like holidays. Not everyone there is a Sheik and has an oil field in his backyard. From all Farangs are rich we are now at all Arabs and Persians are rich
Syria and Palestine are middle east and not super rich.....Turkey also counts as middle east, or?

1 minute ago, Burma Bill said:

Maybe "Camel Republic" in Cha-Am would be more appropriate??

Photo

Must be an Australian joint being that Australia has more camels than any other county. Not bad meat though and the milk is meant to be very good for you. As for the article it's just more we want rich people to come here and sod the rest of you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, h90 said:

And I have seen plenty of Arabs that didn't look well off....rent something cheap and still like holidays. Not everyone there is a Sheik and has an oil field in his backyard. From all Farangs are rich we are now at all Arabs and Persians are rich
Syria and Palestine are middle east and not super rich.....Turkey also counts as middle east, or?

My experience has been different.  When I was living in Kuwait and I never realized an ATM could spit so much money I saw numerous Kuwaitis withdraw stacks of Kuwait Dinar.  Kuwait Dinar was almost $4 to a single Kuwait Dinar.   

4 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

From the same excuse for a news site that uses African elephants to illustrate stories about elephants in Thailand.

image.png.5dc4b4baea18f4156c34f5ce7ca40907.png

TAT have been known to use photos of beaches outside of Thailand to promote Thailand. They haven't got a  clue, and nor have the journalists.

• Like 2

Wonder what Arabs see in Thailand? You don't see them in bikinis at the beach. Not filling up the go-go bars.

During the Gulf Wars, pubs put sarcastic signs outside their doors barring Arabs as they respect their religion. Goodness knows how welcome they will be.

6 hours ago, Will B Good said:

That could be argued among observers - are we talking tourists or residents? 

The latter have a reputation percentile of being Farang Khee Nok [generally speaking] ????

The contributions, in comparison, aren't that overwhelming. ????

• Confused 1

It's true that they are. The government has put a lot of effort into rebuilding relations with Saudi. I was there when it happened, and the Saudis see it as a new opportunity and an exciting place to come to. The only difficulty is they aren't used to drinking alcohol and either have accidents or get too drunk too easily.