Pita Looks To Becoming PM For Two Straight Terms

webfact

10 hours ago, paddypower said:

dont know who I want as PM. certainly someone who destroys the feudal educational system and the power of regional godfather political mafia families who have destroyed this country for far too long. the question is - arent the number of coup-appointed senators stacked against a clean break from the coup makers. ?

You want to change the nation's psyche? Even the Fascists in Italy under Mussolini couldn't destroy the Mafia. Greed is human nature and Asia has turned it into a fine art.

I watched a Youtube channel on super prisons in the US and the UK, there are more drugs in prison than on the outside and most providers are the prison warders, money walks the walk.

There are no clean governments anywhere, don't be naive, one doesn't become a PM or president by being an honest, clean, moral person, just the opposite unfortunately, anyone who aspires to government wants power and prestige. Any newbie who has any morals left is soon groomed to be the model that the establishment wants. Revolutions, political or otherwise, have changed nothing, the trappings of power change hands but the establishment still hold the reigns.

• Love It 1

8 hours ago, h90 said:

Election commission might tell that he broke the law with the iTV shares. I think he is already history and they need to find the next fraudster. Why is there no clean opposition?

Your question should be more along the lines of 

Why are there no clean EC, CC and the alphabet soup agencies? 

14 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Them days are gone… consigned to the history books now. Who are you going to cheer for now? Apirat? Good luck with that.

It will be the military and the old school pols that he has to worry about they have already started legal proceedings against him and the PT leadership.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

It will be the military and the old school pols that he has to worry about they have already started legal proceedings against him and the PT leadership.

I'm sure one of both parties will get dissolved, they are just waiting for the results to make their choice

8 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

I no longer care  who is in Government In Thailand , UK, USA Russia,  history and 65 years of life tells me the only good politicians are dead ones

If there were none, you would probably be dead too...........:coffee1:

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 10:10 AM, ikke1959 said:

Smoked too much cannabis?? Anutin is the least suitable man... not even to be MP

His comments about “Caucasians” spreading Covid were concerning, but he redeemed himself by his efforts to legalize cannabis.

Well over 70% of the early party list voting is for Pheu Thai or Move Forward.

The constituency votes are baffling. In many cases the incumbent parties are leading constituency races, but getting a small fraction of the votes on the party list nomination. Almost like voting for Trump on one ballot and then voting for the Democrats on the other.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunderland said:

Well over 70% of the early party list voting is for Pheu Thai or Move Forward.

The constituency votes are baffling. In many cases the incumbent parties are leading constituency races, but getting a small fraction of the votes on the party list nomination. Almost like voting for Trump on one ballot and then voting for the Democrats on the other.

Yeah. The Parliamentary System set up here is quite baffling and convoluted, as it was resigned recently to ultimately favour the ruling classes - regardless of surface outcomes. 

15 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Yeah. The Parliamentary System set up here is quite baffling and convoluted, as it was resigned recently to ultimately favour the ruling classes - regardless of surface outcomes. 

I agree. Not sure how so many people would vote for Bhumjaithai for their local representative in somewhere like Ranong and have Move Forward second. Then vote overwhelmingly for Move Forward on the party list and have BJT as the 4th most popular choice. Lots of areas looking like that.

Collectively Pheu Thai and Move Forward should be sweeping about 70% of the seats, but more likely to end up with somewhere between 50 and 55% due to weird voting on the constituency ballots.

• Love It 1