Thailand’s Election Results May Reverse Cannabis Policy

webfact

17 minutes ago, chrischronic said:

Talked to Thai owner in Kao Sahn area after the election. Asked him if he was worried or if they gonna shut down change the law. He told me they won't close down shops in certain tourist areas with those areas safe for smoking and buying. He was super confident that he won't be affected in any way because of zoning. 

Sounds  like hubris

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

However, the winning parties may reverse the current cannabis policy, which has resulted in an unregulated market and has faced criticism from many parts of society.

Hope so.

Why is there this weird perception that it has to either banned completely or totally unregulated?

There is something called a compromise where the outcome would be somewhere between the two extremes. There are plenty of countries where decriminalisation has been hugely successful and none that I can find that has not been, at least, beneficial.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Normally you would think an urban youth dominant party would be more libertarian when it comes to social issues like legal weed.

They look more like left wing...not libertarian

1 minute ago, mrfill said:

Why is there this weird perception that it has to either banned completely or totally unregulated?

There is something called a compromise where the outcome would be somewhere between the two extremes. There are plenty of countries where decriminalisation has been hugely successful and none that I can find that has not been, at least, beneficial.

The compromise that the government has some say what I can do with my body? No it should be complete unregulated

5 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

..it won't be easy! in  fact,  it can make things even worse because prohibition will not reduce either the consumption or the sales channels of cannabis. instead, anything connected with cannabis would become secret and the state would lose significant tax revenues. it would have been better not to legalise this drug, to begin with. i say this as a non-smoker ????

and dirty harmful variants come on the market. I am a non-smoker but I would never tell other people what to do

1 hour ago, mrfill said:

Compromise isn't the Forward party campaign position to put weed back on the narcotics list!

8 hours ago, JayClay said:

Indeed. It's quite perplexing to think how an ultra-conservative party legalised marijuana, then gets ousted by a liberal party who now want to ban it again!

Didn't I read somewhere that MFP's 2 main goals were less lese majeste and liberal ganja laws?

5 minutes ago, Peabody said:

Didn't I read somewhere that MFP's 2 main goals were less lese majeste and liberal ganja laws?

No. Pita's party is on record to support putting recreational weed back on the narcotics list,!