Pattaya Police ban prostitution on the beach

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Charlie29345 said:

Well it obviously didn't work as I walked the length of Beach Road last night and saw at least 40 or 50 girls plying  their trade as usual, that's where I exercise!

It never worked in the previous 30 years, no reason why it should work now.  It's all just publicity from the authorities anyway, but never fails in triggering a good thread on the Forum!  Rinse and repeat...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

So, legalize it then

If if prostitution is "legalised" (which I somewhat doubt), it certainly won't mean that prostitutes will be allowed to solicit on Beach Road.  My guess is that most Beach Road prostitutes have already worked legally in bars, gogos, or massage places and, for whatever reason, now prefer to take to the risk of working on the streets, rather than to be under the management of a bar or Mamasan.

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

If if prostitution is "legalised" (which I somewhat doubt), it certainly won't mean that prostitutes will be allowed to solicit on Beach Road.  My guess is that most Beach Road prostitutes have already worked legally in bars, gogos, or massage places and, for whatever reason, now prefer to take to the risk of working on the streets, rather than to be under the management of a bar or Mamasan.

That was the point. If you want to clean up Beach Road then make it possible for girls to work in a safe and legal environment. 

7 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

That was the point. If you want to clean up Beach Road then make it possible for girls to work in a safe and legal environment. 

Yes, but my point is the girls can choose to do that already and some probably did before they moved to Beach Road.  Street soliciting will never be "cleaned up" - some girls (or boys) just don't want the restrictions of working under rules.

11 hours ago, Charlie29345 said:

Well it obviously didn't work as I walked the length of Beach Road last night and saw at least 40 or 50 girls plying  their trade as usual, that's where I exercise!

Careful you don't strain that right hand!

• Haha 1

girls on the beach don't declare their income.

the bars generate income for big brother through rent, taxes, alcohol consumption...

to you clowns trying to portray all farangs in pattaya as creeps, give it a rest. 

Edited by save the frogs
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, jayboy said:

Isn't that the overwhelming majority of the expatriate Pattaya community?

What a mean mouthed thing to say.... but yes. 

Edited by jacko45k

19 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

Careful you don't strain that right hand!

You obviously just tossed that comment in????  (  :sorry:  )

• Haha 1

Beach road was a good way to avoid "Bar Fines", Massage parlor "surcharges" and ridiculous Taxi surcharges concerning online dating.
Considering the fact that the inflation rate in the "Hostess Business" has outpaced the inflation rate for other goods and sevices dramatically, I start to wonder.

Because: A 3 week holiday in Pattaya would cost me the amount of XXX. With this amount of XXX, I could use the sevices of a Hostess in my home country once a week thruout the year. My pocket calculator increasingly gives me "guidance".

Yes its's true, I never visited Pattaya for the temples.

• Thumbs Up 1