Good Hotel

soundman

Hi all,

My folks are coming to Thailand to visit in mid October. We are planning on spending four or five days in Hua Hin. I normally stay at Sofitell in Hua Hin & because I have a central Gold Card that is OK for two nights because they give the first night at 50% discount & the second for free.

However, three rooms for four nights will break the bank.

Can anyone recommend a reasonable hotel or bungalow near Sofitell with pool & walking distance to the beach? Around 2000 - 3000B per night.

Thanx heaps,

Soundman.

Try PP (Puang Pen) Villa. I've heard that it's reasonably nice, although I've never been inside.

I agree. I have stayed there twice....very nice. There is actually two hotels in the same location. One is by the street, the other out back by the pool.

I've never stayed in the one by the pool.....it's always booked.

The main hotel rooms are decent, nothing spectacular, but clean and comfortable. The air con is turned on by inserting your room key in a magnetic slot.......which can be annoying when you would like to return to a cool room. Also, be aware that there are no elevators. Climbing to the fourth floor in 100 degree heat to a room that will take a while to cool down may be a good reason to book a lower floor if possible.

They serve coffee and I believe breakfast (though I've never tried it) in the spacious lobby.

pp villa guesthouse , 032533785.

shares a pool with puangpen villa hotel.

from another thread.

Jed pee nong hotel is also good.....Both Puangpen, and Jed pee nong are on Damnoen Kasem Rd

Book very early it's extremely popular.

Have a nice time, say hello to the folks at booth 7 on the beach, and have a tall beer and a plate of prawns for me!!

Eric

Edited by pumpuiman

city beach hotel, book online through asiarooms .com, cheap as chips through this website. i book through them twice a year.

more hotels following the link:

http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/hua_hin/...ach_resort.html.

:o

Ho-hum, here we go. Its all down to perasonal choice. But before booking City Beach, visit Sawadee and check out the remarks from others who have stayede there. I have stayed there and will never soil my feet by passing through their entrance again. I like PP but if you have that budget, look a bit further south of the town, I mean within 3-4k. Lots of nice places with pool quite close to the beach.

Try PP (Puang Pen) Villa. I've heard that it's reasonably nice, although I've never been inside.

Dear Khun Soundman. :o

I agree with NR

I always stay at the Puang Pen Villa.Decent rooms,comfortable beds,clean.Has a small,but nice pool.

But maybe you'll feel a little decline in standard ,after staying at the Sofitel!!! So why not stay at a lower priced hotel first and then round it off at the Sofitel.

Dear Khun Soundman. :o

I agree with NR

I always stay at the Puang Pen Villa.Decent rooms,comfortable beds,clean.Has a small,but nice pool.

But maybe you'll feel a little decline in standard ,after staying at the Sofitel!!! So why not stay at a lower priced hotel first and then round it off at the Sofitel.

I like PP as well, its very good. But remember, no website and book via email. I have stayed in many places around town. But as dumb as it may seem I have never thought to do as SM suggests - I might have some of that myself in future.

My problem in the past was going the other way. Booked a few nights in the Hilton, decided to stay longer, but there was no room at the inn - moved to City Beach!

Thanks for the recommendations guys! I'll check out PP. I know its a step down from the Sofitell. Its OK to stay there when going to Hua Hin with my wife for two days, about 4500B with Central gold card. But with three rooms for 4 nights, the bill is going to be well over 70k. Too much.

Once again thanx heaps,

Soundman.

I've stayed at the Marriott a couple of times. Not bad at all, and I like it's location halfway between the town centre and Market Village. I'll be there again this weekend. Two weeks ago I treated me and Mrs B to a weekend at the Evason Hideaway in a pool villa. We last went there over two years ago and it was idyllic. Sadly, I think the place has declined a bit in that time and it is starting to look at bit underdone (although the breakfasts are awesome). Definitely not worth 12000 a night though.

On boys' golfing weekends we usually pitch up at the Thipurai, smack bang in the middle. 1400 or so for a decent clean room. Dreadful breakfast, but who would eat breakfast in a three star joint?

I've stayed at the Marriott a couple of times. Not bad at all, and I like it's location halfway between the town centre and Market Village.

Marriott was something else before and it shows. Rooms are shockingly small for such a brand, probably half or even third of other Marriott rooms - not to go too far, the Marriott on the river in BKK rooms are 3 times bigger.

It can be tolerated at 3600B (in October) but not for more than that (goes up to 12,000B in high season).

I have always stayed at the garden level. Other levels (2-3 more) you have to climb up and down - no lift, at least not in that wing.

It is well managed (Marriott style) and breakfast itself could be priced 800B (and it probably is), excellent.

• 4 weeks later...
On boys' golfing weekends we usually pitch up at the Thipurai, smack bang in the middle. 1400 or so for a decent clean room. Dreadful breakfast, but who would eat breakfast in a three star joint?

Try the 'Rajana Garden House Hotel' near the bus station. No pool, but spotlessly clean and very good showers.Previously have stayed at the Thipurai and stupidly booked one of there 'suites' the last time and what a rip off - blxxdy awful with noisy dogs at the back and as you said before the breakfast was awful.

RGH has no pool, but for value for money, cleanliness, and obliging staff you won't beat it. Rates are around 1000B per night for double a/c room. Bed linen and towels are changed every day without fail and each room has a safe and refrigerator that you can put your own drinks in. Breakfast is basic but plenty of places to eat within 2 mins and its very central. Lockers provided downstairs for storage of golf clubs etc. They even let me leave two lockers full when I returned to the UK, prior to emigrating to HH earlier this year.

• 8 months later...

Hello Soundman,

I just returned from Hua Hin and stayed at a romantic place called The Bee & B (www.beeandb.com). It was a pretty unique bed and breakfast, not a hotel, located behind the Grand Hotel, close walking distance to the beach and downtown. The property had a jacuzzi, teak wood bathtubs, nice beds, original homemade breakfast, etc. They have just four rooms for rent and I think they just opened a few months ago. I paid 2,800 for the deluxe room, but the rooms may start lower than that.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Osten

Hi all,

My folks are coming to Thailand to visit in mid October. We are planning on spending four or five days in Hua Hin. I normally stay at Sofitell in Hua Hin & because I have a central Gold Card that is OK for two nights because they give the first night at 50% discount & the second for free.

However, three rooms for four nights will break the bank.

Can anyone recommend a reasonable hotel or bungalow near Sofitell with pool & walking distance to the beach? Around 2000 - 3000B per night.

Thanx heaps,

Soundman.