British family offer reward for their 17-year-old boy to be ‘detained on sight’ after he went missing in Thailand’s ‘Sin City’ Pattaya

webfact

24 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Speak for yourself. I left home at 16, worked, supported myself, etc. etc. It was the best decision I ever made. I was already more mature then a lot of supposed adults I meet now, many of whom are still dumb and full off it despite being decades older. 

Read  again. please  :  I didn't say Everyone who's 16 . I said that there are so many young people acting Stupid.  :jap:

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

They have also pleaded with the 17-year-old runaway to come home, telling him: 'Nothing you could do or say would ever change how loved you are.'

So he was running away for ????

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

so the family arrived May 12 ....  staying in Bangkok ...  then the 17yr got bored and decided Pattaya sounds more fun ...  

@steven100Nice profile pic change ... the best you could find after the elections? ????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Off topic ... in USA, parents have no right to control their kids at any age.  If kids disagree, they sue for emancipation, since  being mentally abused.

Which probably explains why half the Country like shooting each other...................

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, billd766 said:
6 hours ago, Dan O said:

Offering only 10000 baht reward doesn't sound like they are that worried. 

Perhaps that is all they can afford right now.

Perhaps, they spent all their money on his holiday 

• Thumbs Up 1

My mother used to wrap my sandwiches up in a road map do you think she was trying to tell me something? Anyway as a 16 year old apprentice I was working all over the country staying in guest houses I loved it.

8 hours ago, KannikaP said:

What are the parents doing letting a 17 yr old travel to Thailand alone?

I thought the parents were in Bangkok or something, it says in the article "His family believe he is now staying in the notorious party city of Pattaya some 90 miles (145km) away"..  Away from what?? From the family?????

Did I miss something here??

8 hours ago, webfact said:

British teenager who went missing in Thailand's 'Sin City' Pattaya over the weekend.

Poor kid, probably still a Virgin with those looks. 

He's found heaven. 

I reckon he's got a few stories to tell his mates when he gets back home 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, glegolo18 said:

I thought the parents were in Bangkok or something, it says in the article "His family believe he is now staying in the notorious party city of Pattaya some 90 miles (145km) away"..  Away from what?? From the family?????

Did I miss something here??

Yes you did. His parents are still in Gateshead. He stayed with an aunt who had to go back to UK on orders from her 18 month old baby . So he 4u.ked off to Pattaya, on the same day that he arrived if I read it correctly..

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Cannot book a hotel in Thailand at 17.  Considered a minor... 

Likely found someone to stay with and is having a grand ole time! 

Hmmmm.... Might be, but don´t you think that the smaller hotels overlook that and that some never ask for id? One thing, that we are in agreement about is that he is most likely partying his <deleted> off. ????

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Love It 1