Pay attention when police stops you

Better have it sent by mail where the license plate has to be clearly visible. And you can identify and dispute in case.

And then the argument starts whether their measurement is accurate or your cruise control.

And that was on a stretch of HW 32 where 120 is explicitly allowed?

(I remember some parts of highways being elevated to 120)

Major parts of HW 32 are ordinary divided highway where 90 is allowed.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, PeachCH said:

When I was living and driving in Thailand, I never argued with the police, just asked, " today, how much" ? Never asked the reason why stopped. Also told them, no any receipt needed. Was either 100-200 (Bangkok mostly) or 500 - 1000 on the highways. 

And that’s the negotiating start point. See you’ve got this sussed ! ???? 

Next time  request the fine via  the post........My Mrs..  receives regular traffic  fines  via  the post  dating  back  2 years, and  has never paid one,    their systems are obviously so dis- organised  so they cant keep up with who's paid and,  who has'nt paid ............and yes she still taxes her car annually without a problem..

• Like 2

Not had that happen, but did have to pay 400 baht for "driving on a dual carriage way".......?????......along with all the other road users.

I was told that if we went to the police station it would be 100 baht, but there would be a five hour wait to be processed.

• Haha 1

its call lunch money, we know he know everybody know, no point of arguing with him, you can sit there and fight with him for hour and hour or go down to the station for another half a day, your choice

me, i just ask him can i pay fine here with him and he bring it down to that station for me, 5 minute and im on my way, time is a luxury that we can't waste.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

they also told me that I was going too fast.

This happened to me at a usual road block, but I also have cruise control on, and when he said you speeding, I said no, here is video of me driving and speed, oh, ok, very good, you go to tent and pay 400 baht for being in overtaking lane....LOL

Bastard got me, couldn't argue with him, long of the short, I made sure I got my 400 baht off the next Thai guy when I negotiated his price down on the item I was buying, not that I usually do this, but I wasn't going to get fleeced, so revenge is bitter sweet, what goes around comes around, didn't bother me that it was someone else paying for my fine.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Many years ago was pulled over at toll road exit booth and was told I was speeding.  I thought it was probably true so I was ready to pay 

then he pulled out a ring binder full of A4 printed pictures of cars and opened it to show my car

i was impressed they could get a camera picture printed and in the folder in the short amount of time I’d been on the highway so I started to reach for my wallet

then I noticed the Autocar logo on the corner of the picture of “my” car. I pointed at the logo and started laughing and the cop was upset and put his folder away and said, “100 Baht “

I gave him that and he waved me away quickly

• Confused 1