‘Not Thailand anymore’: Russians are flocking to this resort island — but not all is well in paradise

webfact

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

So, you've only lived in 2 places, your whole life ????

I was 'stuck' there for 16 yrs, made the best of it though, as it was tolerable, even quite nice & enjoyable some times.  But would never returns for even more than a long weekend, if that.

I need an escape plan.

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I need an escape plan.

As soon as kid was done High School, as only reason there, we were gone.  Had bought the land at PKK a few years before that ... plans made early.

A small plot of land opposite me on KC has just been lease to a young Russian couple early 40s, they are paying to have it raised about 1.5mtr and build a house, how are they going to stay in Thailand visa wise? do you think the Thai owner is going to rip them off? land is about 1/4 ria and 3 sided, not worth even 1M

Just curious to what others may think. :coffee1:

37 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Why?

I live in Isaan; and I love it. Don't think there is a better place to live in the world.

He was trying to be cute. There's a lot of that juvenile stuff on here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

A small plot of land opposite me on KC has just been lease to a young Russian couple early 40s, they are paying to have it raised about 1.5mtr and build a house, how are they going to stay in Thailand visa wise? do you think the Thai owner is going to rip them off? land is about 1/4 ria and 3 sided, not worth even 1M

Just curious to what others may think. :coffee1:

KC? 

You must be worried Russians might invade your little part of paradise.

I am sure a newbee Russian would not know where KC is, let alone anyone else.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Roxy01 said:

Early days yet , you obviously haven’t had any dealings with them if you had, your opinion would be somewhat different. 
I thought I would like them until I started meeting them and having multiple and numerous interactions. 

Of course there are and always must be exceptions however I’ve yet to find them yet 

I tend not to meet people, no need to, not in business, just here relaxing and living the dream. 

I've been living here for decades, lots of friends and a large family, we keep to ourselves. 

I prefer not to meet new people, I find the people I meet these days (all nationalities) are best avoided. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

I have no problems with Russians fleeing an unjust war placed upon them by a maniac
Americans did the same in the late 60's
we went to Canada or Mexico

I even know of one very handsome Yank who left USA in 2000, as US/NATO prepared to attack, invade & occupy sovereign countries for not reason.

So happy I ... oops, he no longer pays taxes to support such terrorism ????

ON TOPIC ... as always.  Only know, OK, follow 1 comrade on YT, and he seems like a very polite and kind gent.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Hideous back tattoo on the woman in the photo, what was she thinking?

Russians here have more sense than to be in Ukraine, IMO that counts in their favor.

i thought it was a mink crack-cover